Black November

Comments

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

I picked up Brute X, Brute Dragon and Fiend. Currently debating whether I need to get Mestophales dragon or if I can wait (read my bank account can wait) until the next sale.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551
    edited December 1969

I love environments, but for me, I have trouble paying $$$ for them. So although I love Stonemason and other big environement producers... I just can't afford them, unless they really are on sale at more than 30%

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited November 2012

Tough thing with environments is the really good one are pricey and tend to have more real estate than I actually need. On the other hand there are smaller cheaper environments that more like back drops and then you can't use them too much. Those billboard backdrops work in some situations but I have moved away from most of the time.

Also a lot of the cheaper environments are overly geometric and often don't fill out a scene and are best used with other elements that you may or may not have to match. Tough call really.

Off topic question. WHen you have a large environment loaded in DS4.5 how can you make the camera navigate faster? When just working with a single room the camera works at a good speed but with a large forest area it's really slow. oh and I'm not talking about my video card choking, I think the camera is still trying to move 1 inch at a time instead of moving 1 foot or 10 feet at a time.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

My advice... You need to get it.

anikad said:
    I picked up Brute X, Brute Dragon and Fiend. Currently debating whether I need to get Mestophales dragon or if I can wait (read my bank account can wait) until the next sale.
    edited December 1969

Brute seems useful for alien invaders or bad guy characters. I'm also liking some of the sci-fi armor. I wonder if brute can hold a weapon? he has unusual hands.

In answer to your question larsmidnatt: I do not own any super big expensivo environements. I tend to buy backgdrops so I can get a variety of scenes in my work. I do have some like the space station, and such.... But I don't own any big stonemason sets except darkstar. I find using sets can be unweildy and the lighting can be touchy so I tend to just avoid unless I really like it. Er... Not really an answer...

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited November 2012

JK0011 said:
    Just got an email that Marrakesh Souks 2012 would be 80% off and savings would be applied at checkout. Has anyone gotten the savings? I'm afraid to checkout, since it sits there in my cart at 30% off... I know it takes a while to get refunds, so, I'm wary of going further until I know it really works.

Nevermind. Just realized 80% was for those who had previously purchased this item.

I did the same thing was all excited until I noticed the disclaimer :shut:
    I didn't get the email, but I did get the discount -- when I bought MarrakeshSouks2012 I was charged $4.19, and I originally bought it in the Marrakesh Anniversary Bundle on 10/07/2009 (which is once again begging the question of why the new store can't warn me when I try to buy something I've bought before, but that's a different complaint). But anyway: Jack Tomalin, thank you!

Whoops, haven't complained about Black November yet today! So: In each of the doorbuster bundles so far there's been a single new product included that can't be purchased aside from in the bundle -- yesterday it was Hiro5 Hair, today it's Ken for Hiro5. If everything else in the bundle that I want I already have (which has been the case in both so far), this leaves me in the unpleasant position of being forced to pay $27.95 for a product that, although probably excellent in itself (from what little can be seen in a single low-res promo) is clearly not worth $27.95. The only sense in which this is an amazing new deal is that it's an amazingly bad deal, even by DAZ's most bone-headed standards.

Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

I don't know why it creates DAZ every time on a new, massively to anger some of his regular loyal customers. Why should I buy these bundles if I'm interested only in a product that I still not can buy individually? I want to buy that hiro 5 hair and Ken for Hiro 5 immendiatly and not in about two weeks for a likely higher price.

You have annoyed me so often this year, ranging from the store conversion up to this "black November" bull***t, even by the misleading title (keyword: freebies) leads to further annoyances. When did you start to learn to appreciate your customers?

edited December 1969

Some new deals have dropped into Dreamlight's store...

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Is everything going to be hiro related for a while? I am not interested in Hiro at all. Would like a kids bundle for the daily bundle...all kid related items???

Kharma

edited December 1969

Price of Black November Bundle seems to have dropped to $16.77
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/black-november-door-buster-bundle-2

edited December 1969

Good to know. Who knows how long that will last ;)

edited December 1969

Now my question is do I get the bundle or do I buy the dragon. Hmm decision.

Oh and if anyone is interested in Dreamlight's stuff. This thread discusses what works in DS4.5: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3091/

edited November 2012

Get what you will use more quickly. If the dragon is next get that. Avoid stuff you may never use.

If I had money to burn it would be the dragon.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited December 1969

Thinking about it I think I'll stay away from both. I only want Ken from the bundle, although I don't have the other stuff. I don't think I'll use those items that much, if at all. The dragon is just ooh shiny. Not sure if I would really use it but ooh shiny. My bank balance thanks you.

• pc2014pc2014 Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

Anyone having problems with the freebie items not discounting to free when filling a cart? I tried putting Mystical Touch in my cart, but I'm charged full price in the total. However, when I put a different something like Zoey for Victoria 5 in the cart, I receive the discount.

edited December 1969

Just tested with Mystical Touch and it worked. Make sure your subtotal, without Mystical Touch is over $30.

ReenaJ said:
    Anyone having problems with the freebie items not discounting to free when filling a cart? I tried putting Mystical Touch in my cart, but I'm charged full price in the total. However, when I put a different something like Zoey for Victoria 5 in the cart, I receive the discount.
  • pc2014pc2014 Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:
    Just tested with Mystical Touch and it worked. Make sure your subtotal, without Mystical Touch is over $30.

ReenaJ said:

Thanks. My order was over $30, but I'm guessing not all of the items qualified for the discount. I added another item and the freebie discount was applied to my total.

edited December 1969

Excellent! Glad it is working.

ReenaJ said:
    DAZ_Kevin said:

ReenaJ said:

Thanks. My order was over $30, but I'm guessing not all of the items qualified for the discount. I added another item and the freebie discount was applied to my total.

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Apparently the price of Door Buster Bundle 2 has changed again.

edited December 1969

I'm curious if there is a place to see all the PA's who have content on sale right now. The sale is getting a wee bit confusing to me.

edited December 1969

Let's start this Friday off right with some more PA Daily Deals... and have we got a great lineup for you today!

Raiya with Leon and the Night

Neftis3d with Guillaume Hair for Genesis and M4

vyktohria with Action Poses for Genesis

Don't miss out, we have deals going all month long!

edited December 1969

Looks like 70% off people category this weekend. Fun stuff.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

I see the Hiro 5 Pro bundle is cheaper than when I bought it a few weeks ago!

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,254
    edited November 2012

The Hiro 5 bundles are at 50/70% off but sadly while Stepanie 5 is on sale her bundles (starter and pro) are not on sale. Any chance of getting them added?

Charlie

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited November 2012

If by "a few weeks" you mean less than 30 days you should put in a support ticket for a refund of the difference. :cheese: (Edited to add: which I just did 'cause yeah, me too.)
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • joea64_bdfaa5ca94joea64_bdfaa5ca94 Posts: 298
    edited December 1969

And I finally found something I really want, the Marie-Louise gown with accompanying hairstyle. :)

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

If by "a few weeks" you mean less than 30 days you should put in a support ticket for a refund of the difference. :cheese: (Edited to add: which I just did 'cause yeah, me too.)

Yep - I have done, but I don't think it will get looked at until Monday or Tuesday

• madisonx_c5746f56a5madisonx_c5746f56a5 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

So the front page is showing Orion1167 whole store on sale, but when I go to his store page, it looks like only a few items.

Grr!

edited December 1969

Oh man, like the action poses and Leon and would've loved the people sale... But sadly, having to financially cut back because of the holidays and other expesnes. However my wishlist is growing.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Oh man, like the action poses and Leon and would've loved the people sale... But sadly, having to financially cut back because of the holidays and other expesnes. However my wishlist is growing.

I hear that. I have seen several items I would love to have, but my wallet won't let me. Into the wishlist they will go.