Install on new computer (I want to do it right)...

AlbiejeeAlbiejee Posts: 153
edited December 1969 in New Users

Installing all the content into ds4.5 I have older products with three different file types .ds .trx and .dpc
do I install all these files or is one redundant?(for poser)?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited December 1969

DS = DAZ Studio, probably in this case DS3 or earlier, or 4.0 or earlier, or it may be DS settings for the V4/M4 etc. version of soemthign like hair that has old and Genesis versions.
    TRX=TriAx, Genesis and other weight-mapped figures for DS4+, or it may be a 4.5+ version
    DPC=Poser content

Unfortunately that doesn't absolutely pin down which are optional - if it isn't a dual thing I would expect the TRX to be self-contained, butt hat can't be relied on when there's an item with Poser and DS versions of the same thing.

• joea64_bdfaa5ca94joea64_bdfaa5ca94 Posts: 298
    edited December 1969

leifgl said:
    Installing all the content into ds4.5 I have older products with three different file types .ds .trx and .dpc
    do I install all these files or is one redundant?(for poser)?

I'm not entirely certain myself, but for older content (which is mostly what I deal with since I work almost exclusively so far with V4.2 and M4), most Daz3D store stuff designed for those characters comes in .dpc and .ds versions, or just in .dpc. I always play it safe by installing both versions when they're available, sort of a belt-and-suspenders thing. And of course, anything other than the very latest stuff for V5/M5/Genesis should go into User/My Documents/Daz3D/Studio/My Library so that it will appear properly in the Content Library.