DAZ3D Studio 64bit and 32bit issues/errors

lyonitisslyonitiss Posts: 0
edited June 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi, Im new to the 3d world and found daz3d studio which seems promising for being free and its capabilities. I have several issues.

I have installed the 32bit and 64bit version of daz3d studio to my laptop which has the following specs:
-Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
-4GB RAM
-AMD Turion 2.2Ghz
-Upong running "About your video card" inside of DAZ3D 64-bit I get this:
Current OpenGL Version:
2.0.6747 Release

OpenGL Provider:
ATI Technologies Inc.

Hardware:
ATI Radeon Xpress 1250

Features:
MultiTexturing
Supported

Shadow Map
Supported

Hardware Antialiasing
Supported

OpenGL Shading Language
Supported

Pixel Buffer
Supported

Pixel Buffer Size
Not Enabled

Maximum Number of Lights

Number of Texture Units

Maximum Texture Size
2048 x 2048

64-Bit Studio issues:
When I open it, all I see is a black workspace background and nothing else. I tried changing the workspace layout to the others available but nothing, it keeps showing a black background(see attach image). When I choose to render(CTRL+R), it seems to render the model correctly and viewable(see attach image).

My questions: Is my machine now powerful enough for DAZ3d? Is my video hardware not supported for 3d modeling at all?

32-Bit Studio issues:
When I try to open it seems like it wants to load but then it gives me "DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0023:0AB10E00" error(see attach image). Program doesnt open at all. I have tried running as administrator and changing the compatibility mode to Windows XP but with not success. Is it because my OS is 64-bit and it doesnt support the 32-bit version of DAZ?

Sorry for the long post but I hope someone can share any helpful input to my situation. Thanks in advance for any help!!

Post edited by lyonitiss on

Comments

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Welcome to ATI. This is a problem with all of the current ATI drivers and OpenGL right now. There is a Null reference that is causing the OpenGL layer to crash. Try uninstalling the ATI drivers, installing the generic Windows drivers, rebooting, download a previous Video Driver fro ATI/AMD and install that. Even the ATI Linux drivers crash out on OpenGL right now.

Kendall

lyonitiss said:
    Hi, Im new to the 3d world and found daz3d studio which seems promising for being free and its capabilities. I have several issues.

I have installed the 32bit and 64bit version of daz3d studio to my laptop which has the following specs:
    -Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    -4GB RAM
    -AMD Turion 2.2Ghz
    -Upong running "About your video card" inside of DAZ3D 64-bit I get this:
    Current OpenGL Version:
    2.0.6747 Release

OpenGL Provider:
    ATI Technologies Inc.

Hardware:
    ATI Radeon Xpress 1250

Features:
    MultiTexturing
    Supported

Shadow Map
    Supported

Hardware Antialiasing
    Supported

OpenGL Shading Language
    Supported

Pixel Buffer
    Supported

Pixel Buffer Size
    Not Enabled

Maximum Number of Lights

Number of Texture Units

Maximum Texture Size
    2048 x 2048

64-Bit Studio issues:
    When I open it, all I see is a black workspace background and nothing else. I tried changing the workspace layout to the others available but nothing, it keeps showing a black background(see attach image). When I choose to render(CTRL+R), it seems to render the model correctly and viewable(see attach image).

My questions: Is my machine now powerful enough for DAZ3d? Is my video hardware not supported for 3d modeling at all?

32-Bit Studio issues:
    When I try to open it seems like it wants to load but then it gives me "DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0023:0AB10E00" error(see attach image). Program doesnt open at all. I have tried running as administrator and changing the compatibility mode to Windows XP but with not success. Is it because my OS is 64-bit and it doesnt support the 32-bit version of DAZ?

Sorry for the long post but I hope someone can share any helpful input to my situation. Thanks in advance for any help!!

• lyonitisslyonitiss Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Welcome to ATI. This is a problem with all of the current ATI drivers and OpenGL right now. There is a Null reference that is causing the OpenGL layer to crash. Try uninstalling the ATI drivers, installing the generic Windows drivers, rebooting, download a previous Video Driver fro ATI/AMD and install that. Even the ATI Linux drivers crash out on OpenGL right now.

Kendall

Tried steps above with no success. I still get black screen.... I guess im SOL with having ATI.....? :S