Question with Daz stability? Or is it just me?

JapallanesJapallanes Posts: 0
edited August 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello,

I am having issue with Daz 3D . Maybe its just still a unstable product. But I am running Daz on my Macbook pro late 2011 early 2012 model and I am having these odd issue. When I make a camera or try to build a small scene with 2 building a road and one lite post. It will crash on me. I am running intel i5 processor with 8gb ram with a 320HD my Os is Mountain Lion. I am not sure whats the deal but is this normal for it to crash so much? Or is it my settings? I am running it at 32bit. Thank you for your help guys.

Edit: Also now when I make a camera at al it will crash on me.

Post edited by Japallanes on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Saying which version of Daz Studio you are using would help anyone who can help you.

• JapallanesJapallanes Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Saying which version of Daz Studio you are using would help anyone who can help you.

Ok. That would help haha. Thanks. The version I am using is 4.5 pro the lastest one.
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,668
    edited December 1969

That shouldn't be happening, and there were mac users among the testers. Are you starting from a blank scene, or from a scene saved in a previous version of DAZ Studio?

edited December 1969

That shouldn't be happening, and there were mac users among the testers. Are you starting from a blank scene, or from a scene saved in a previous version of DAZ Studio?
    Well since I installed it the frist time its been acting up. I am working with the basic stuff that comes with Daz. And I start from a new scene every time. And after I make a camera it will crash on me. Or if I try to put the dragon scene up or do it from scratch it will crash. I re-installed it 4 times. Is it something with my settings? I really never touched anything I just started daz up. thank you.
  • flame3Dflame3D Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

Well since I installed it the frist time its been acting up. I am working with the basic stuff that comes with Daz. And I start from a new scene every time. And after I make a camera it will crash on me. Or if I try to put the dragon scene up or do it from scratch it will crash. I re-installed it 4 times. Is it something with my settings? I really never touched anything I just started daz up. thank you.

I'm not using Mac; but Windows7 64bit, AMD quadcore, 8Gig RAM, Nvidea Geoforce 8800 GTS; and my version of 4.5Pro constantly crashes, with a new scene and minimum content (Gen character set to V4), No lights, No cameras; but as I select different poses or sometimes just hover the cursor over a slider or tab....total crash!!!
    I too have re-installed; and un-installed ALL previous versions of DS4 & DS3 & CMS...every time I attempt to use the 4.5 it crashes...without fail???!!!
    I have reported it to the Bugs dept, and have tried various suggestions from them....none have worked so far..am still waiting for further response..

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

this is just caution, I wll send bug report.

If you open property editor tab with select figure in the scene,
    it sometimes cause crash, and close daz studio 4.5.

in my case I open again daz 4.5 , new scene load , and change pane , it crush,
    I try same thing 5 timies, then when open ds 4.5,
    delselect genesis from the scene,and cahnge pane for property editor,
    I can return from bug cycle..

edited August 2012

this is just caution, I wll send bug report.

If you open property editor tab with select figure in the scene,
    it sometimes cause crash, and close daz studio 4.5.

in my case I open again daz 4.5 , new scene load , and change pane , it crush,
    I try same thing 5 timies, then when open ds 4.5,
    delselect genesis from the scene,and cahnge pane for property editor,
    I can return from bug cycle..

Yeah 4.5 isn't just working for me anymore consistant bug crashes no matter what I do i am puting a out a bug report right now of all this problems I have. So for now i had to down grade to 4.0 I dont get any problems with that. Question tho. Did Bryce get a recent update also? Or am I doing something wrong I downloaded bryce because I wanted to create some nice terrain but every time I try to put the serial in it will crash on my mac. I think I am just going to have to use windows because this is just odd. I thought I was having memory failures and my computer was just dieing so I ran a hardware check and everything comes out green. So just want to know if I have to get a lower version of bryce or if I am doing something wrong. Thanks guys

Edit: Since I am a new user. I would like to know. Where would i go to submit a bug? Thanks guys!

Edit: Also for the Bryce problem could it be my graphics card? I am running a Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB is it a lack of support? Thanks guys.

Post edited by Japallanes on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Edit: Also for the Bryce problem could it be my graphics card? I am running a Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB is it a lack of support? Thanks guys.

No your Bryce problem is because, at this moment in time, Bryce will not run under OSX 7 or OSX 8. This is stated in the tech specs for Bryce http://www.daz3d.com/products/bryce/bryce-tech-specs
    edited December 1969

No your Bryce problem is because, at this moment in time, Bryce will not run under OSX 7 or OSX 8. This is stated in the tech specs for Bryce http://www.daz3d.com/products/bryce/bryce-tech-specs

Ok thank you! That helps me out alot. Thanks!

• sean-2174186sean-2174186 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

I'm having the same problem on my Macbook pro Intel core 2 duo with 8g ram. Every time I open the camera with different scenes and different characters. Doesn't matter if it's kids 4 or Victoria 5. Bring out the camera and it crashes... Snow leopard 10.6.8

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited November 2012

i have DS 4.5.0.114 on a MacBook Pro running OS 10.6.8

Can one of you give me the exact steps your doing to get DS to crash so I can see if this can be reproduced?

thanks!

I take no responsibility on any of you mac users trying it but this is how I roll it:

Untitled-4.jpg
    792 x 612 - 90K
    Post edited by StratDragon on
  • sean-2174186sean-2174186 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

I figured out that it happened every time I have something selected at the same time as opening up a new camera. If I deselect everything and then open up the camera it seems to work without crashing.