Dynamic Clothing Control & non-Daz garments

hakatrehakatre Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I'm thinking about buying DCC for my current version Daz 4.5 but before I do, want to know if it will provide the same control for the clothes I import for my edited V4 and Genesis figures. I designed several garments with Marvelous Designer 2.

I'm just so new here that I don't know If I could edit the draping effects of the clothes I make or if I'm limited to only Daz-purchased clothing? Obviously buying DCC would be a waste if the latter is true. I hope I can use it, planning some cool poses for the girls.
Any input is greatly appreciated.

- Hawk
(a.k.a. HakatRe)

Comments

• hakatrehakatre Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

(Side note)

Please keep in mind that I'm still new at all this. Since i'm used to exporting my clothes as .obj files from MD2 (Marvelous Designer 2) need to know does DCC handle any imported .obj to Daz?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

MD2 only drapes in MD2, the DCC will only work with Optitex items. Many free on there site V4 M4 and Genesis.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

This is a link to the Freebies that Martin has done for Optitex dynamics

http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload01.php

Some people have been using MD OBJs as Poser Dynamic items.

edited November 2012

I'm making my own clothes. That's the whole reason I bought MD2 and downloaded Daz (for the figures and poses). It's a nightmare to think I'm limited to other peoples' clothes.

So, this might sound like a dumb question (forgive me, I'm just that green with Daz) but, are you saying that any .obj clothes I make that drape well in MD2 - that I export to Daz 4.5 will not drape and flow at all when I animate the figures wearing them?

Post edited by hakatre on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

hakatre said:
    I'm making my own clothes. That's the whole reason I bought MD2 and downloaded Daz (for the figures and poses). It's a nightmare to think I'm limited to other peoples' clothes.

So, this might sound like a dumb question (forgive me, I'm just that green with Daz) but, are you saying that any .obj clothes I make that drape well in MD2 - that I export to Daz 4.5 will not drape and flow at all when I animate the figures wearing them?

That is EXACTLY correct...there is only one method of draping that is actually fully supported/working in DS...the Optitex plugin, which is a 'playback only' plugin. It doesn't allow for creating clothes from scratch...for that you need the full Optitex software (basically, that's a major step up from MD, pricewise).

There is a way of taking an animation sequence and turning it into a series of morphs, using Blender, and then running through them in DS...but it isn't a quick/easy solution, though it is cheap (free).

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI hakatre :)

I believe that Carrara, can be used to render the simulations from motion designer. .
    ..although you'll also need a plugin, ( MDD file format for Carrara ) by fenric.

You can download a 30 day trial of Carrara, 8 from www.downloads.com

Carrara works with most of the Daz3D and poser figures, with the exceptions of genesis which is being added as part of the current carrara beta development for 8.5.
    there's no firm release date for the 8.5 beta yet.

If you post a question in the Carrara forum,. you'll probably get some useful info.

Hope it helps :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794
    edited December 1969

Poser
    that is what you need, it does dynamic cloth.
    Poser9 was recently on special for $69 wait and it might be again.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

Poser
    that is what you need, it does dynamic cloth.
    Poser9 was recently on special for $69 wait and it might be again.

Its still on offer

http://www.contentparadise.com/productdetails.aspx?id=21415

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

hakatre said:

look at this video DS to marvelous designer2 back to DS -
    http://youtu.be/SabzGVsSRjc

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

Of course as a customer I can tell you that conforming clothing is still very popular. I suppose as an option you could use your obj clothes files from marvelous designer2 and rig and create conforming clothes for the Daz/Poser community.

edited December 1969

Thank you so much everyone, for your input (really awesome) and this newbie is very appreciative... I'm soaking it all in. Funny, I was planning on buying Poser 9 anyway. For where I'm headed with this stuff, I'd better get on over and check out the specials.

Thanks again! ^_^

(p.s. hey don't stop sharing info on this if you've got something else that might help, you all are on a roll!) :)

edited November 2012

MrPoser said:
    Of course as a customer I can tell you that conforming clothing is still very popular. I suppose as an option you could use your obj clothes files from marvelous designer2 and rig and create conforming clothes for the Daz/Poser community.

Thanks Mr. Poser, I’m currently rigging the clothes I’ve made to Genesis and V4.2 so, I guess the question (now) is all about draping. Will my rigged .obj cloth drape now that it’s rigged? And can these garments be made into “conforming clothing” once they're rigged?

Anyone, please take a stab at that one.

edited November 2012

No they will not Drape with the DCC, only Optitex created items will drape right now. Once you make an item Conforming it is just like the other none Dynamic clothing for the Figures in DS. What you can do is pose your figure send it to MD2 drape to that pose then save the Draped item as an object, Pose your Figure in DS import your Draped item and then Render that in DS.

edited December 1969

Thanks Jaderail. In terms of animation (my main concern later), will my original "conforming" (rigged) clothing drape at all? What I mean by drape is move and flow in a realistic way during the animation. And if not. could I create original clothing with Optitex? Perhaps Optitex has a plugin for MD2 that can transfer to daz. Hope so.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

did you two even look at the video link I posted ?
    I do believe it shows animation in DS with MD2 cloth .

edited November 2012

Yes bigh I saw that and I really think that hakatre should really look into it. The first time I saw that post I was this close " to buying MD2 myself. I was just pointing out that what they are doing NOW only does what I posted.

EDIT: hakatre once you make your Item a conforming item (rigged) you will be able to Animate with it in DS. But as I said it will only act like the other standard DS clothing items. You will not have the Dynamic flow and drapes unless you add that as morphs to the conforming item.

PS. For what you wish to do the LINK bigh pointed to will do what you wish to do.

edited November 2012

bigh said:
    did you two even look at the video link I posted ?
    I do believe it shows animation in DS with MD2 cloth .

bigh, Jaderail, I also saw this video before right after I installed MD2 and it's a good one. I've got no issues with creating and rigging the clothes I've made and applying them to Genesis and V4. I'm just fascinated by all of the cloth editing and draping options of Dynamic Clothing Control in Daz with regard to animation, that I wanted to see if my own custom clothes were eligible for the same treatment.

Well, many of my woes have just been lifted as I just purchased Poser 9. Oh, it just gets better from here on. :) Between Daz 4.5 and PS9, the possibilities are endless. I'll be doing a lot more research on DCC and should be ok now. Looking forward to getting to work on this stuff.

• ElliandraElliandra Posts: 471
    edited December 1969

If you are into designing your clothing for dynamics for DAZ Studio you can alway contact Martin from OptiTex (he's in the forums here and goes by Martin for OptiTex) and get with him to see about re-creating your clothing with the OptiTex system so it will work in DS and with the DCC. He's a great guy and you can always work out a percentage if you want to sell the clothing in the store!
    Elli

edited December 1969

Thank you, Elli. That's great news. I will certainly try to make contact with Martin.