Genesis horse head

seeker273seeker273 Posts: 449
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi,
I really need a horse head morph for genesis and I remember a wip of one here in the forums. I think it was around the time the elebeast came out. Did I dream about it? I cant find the thread anywhere and I desperately need one ASAP. Is there any way to make one with the creature morphs?
TIA :)

Comments

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

ever considered post work?

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Having that product I can vouch for how good it is (for M4).

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,247
    edited December 1969

Could try to port it to Genesis with GenX, but it's pretty extreme. Not sure it would work without a lot of bug-stomping.

• seeker273seeker273 Posts: 449
    edited December 1969

That's the one I remember! Too bad it's for M4, I didn't remembered that. I'd probably buy that and GenX if the transfer worked but I don't see how that would work. I really needed a genesis one but I'll Frankenstein the millennium horse head on Gen and do a lot of postwork. Thank you for the help :)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Not so fast...if you really need Genesis, can you wait a day or so?

I should have this done, it's mostly done, now, but it needs a little work getting a texture for it. Plus, I discovered a problem with the tongue...if you open the mouth all the way, it drops through the bottom of the jaw, so it needs to be repositioned.

The eyes work best giving all the surfaces a dark color and not a 'human' one.

horsehead.png
    800 x 1000 - 755K
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

Actually I've gotten some of the other things like Leonese and such to transfer just fine with GenX.... unfortunately as I've had to do a total reinstall due to a bad comp virus and getting a new comp, so I hae not yet reinstalled GenX upgrade... maybe someone else with both can try it? or give a shout to kemp sparky, I know he was working on Genesis conversions. :)

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:

I should have this done, it's mostly done, now, but it needs a little work getting a texture for it. Plus, I discovered a problem with the tongue...if you open the mouth all the way, it drops through the bottom of the jaw, so it needs to be repositioned.

WOW mjc1016, this is a really cool morph. It looks great, will it be available for purchase anytime soon? I only have a couple of days before I have to deliver the image so not much time. It's a really great morph, good job!

belovedalia, I don't have any experience with genX. Will I be able to use the horse head morph that's made for M4 with other genesis morphs, like parts from the fantasy pack?

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,247
    edited December 1969

Morphs for Gen4 do not work out of the box with Genesis. At all.

Quite a lot of them can be ported over to Genesis using GenX. And others are already duplicated for Genesis either int he Evolution Morphs or in other add-on morph packages. Once ported, they will work as readily as any Genesis morph. Genesis morphs all seem to be dialed in, rather than applied all in one go. This makes it a lot easier to blend things.

edited November 2012

Ed will be up tonight. He's wearing the Jeremy skin that comes with DS, He's going to be in DS4.5 format. And I'll try to get a simple texture done...

A couple of tips...

I don't have an actual texture made, yet, so the best bet is to use a diffuse color on the SkinFace, Lip, Nostril, SkinHead and Neck, remove the maps. A 'noise' map, tiled to about 10 (v & h) on the displacement, with a moderate strength and +/- 0,1 values on those same areas works to make it less 'plastic' and slightly fuzzy.

The eyes aren't great for close up work as I got them slight distorted...but setting all the surfaces to a dark color (in this pic, it's a very dark blue) works well.

The problem with the mouth was the lower jaw, so I scaled it out of the way, so open mouth close ups aren't going to look that good. I do plan on extending it to fit it correctly, but that will probably take more than a couple of days.

ed.png
    800 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,697
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:

That's some really good work on a really extreme shape.

edited November 2012

And here he is...

http://www.sharecg.com/v/65792/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Ed

Thanks, joe...that means a lot coming from a veteran like you.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
    edited December 1969

He looks great!!! Thank you for making him so fast and for offering him for free! You saved my life :D