Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?

Comments

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited December 1969

with the slice of pizza

mikeywithpizza.jpg
    500 x 650 - 179K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

WOW... Pizza and Turtle Soup! :P

• nekollxnekollx Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Figured I'd ask again

So anyone have a idea how to recreate these guys?

http://www.rangercentral.com/database/2011_samurai/prs-rg-jayden.htm

It seems to be for most cases any body suit would work for the males, the females i think the morphing fantasy dress tunic would work. But any thoughts for the helmets and weapons?

Also! With all the power that is genisis i know there is man beast basically turning genisis into a quadreped http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-man-wolf but is it only wolves are their other animals, like say cats it can do. Curious how many forms Beast Boy could be done with just Genisis morphs

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

Nice Job Joe, Thanks again! Hope you can get Muck to Poser too!!

Shark.jpg
    469 x 767 - 120K
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Renders faster for me. Everything runs faster but like every new OS upgrade there are going to be bits and pieces that need tweaking. I use Start8 and Decor8 from Stardock ($5.00 each) to give me back my Start menu and change up the Win8 Start menu that loads at each boot of Windows. There are some little registry tweaks too, like getting rid of those stupid shortcut arrows. Other than that LOVE Windows 8 even more so than Windows 7!

Hm... Maybe I might give it a shot.

I'm buying a new laptop and I'm thinking of buying Windows 8 with it. If there were any issues with Daz, that would probably be a deal-breaker.

Thanks for the input though... Time to start reading some reviews and doing some research.

Trust me... DAZ runs just fine on Win 8 sir. Got ZBrush reinstalled last night and the GoZ bridge is back to functioning just fine.

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

Just a walk on the beach...

Beach_A.jpg
    2000 x 1869 - 3M
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,243
    edited December 1969

a deserted beach - shocking

revisiting gender swapped X-men. The movie suit looks good on a guy, I think.

JohnGrey.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 195K
  • GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,040
    edited December 1969

Suit looks good. But I'm sorry I dont recognize the X-man. Which one is it?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,003
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    Just a walk on the beach...

Just when you thought it was safe to come out of the water...
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,243
    edited December 1969

Suit looks good. But I'm sorry I dont recognize the X-man. Which one is it?

It's John Grey aka Marvel Boy.

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,040
    edited December 1969

Yeah I saw it on your deviant art page. I should've looke there first. Nice concept.

David

• AngryDragonRiderAngryDragonRider Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

nekollx said:
    Figured I'd ask again

It seems to be for most cases any body suit would work for the males, the females i think the morphing fantasy dress tunic would work. But any thoughts for the helmets and weapons?

Also! With all the power that is genisis i know there is man beast basically turning genisis into a quadreped http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-man-wolf but is it only wolves are their other animals, like say cats it can do. Curious how many forms Beast Boy could be done with just Genisis morphs

Which figure do you use? Specifics are useful when seeking assistance. If you use Genesis then I would consider using the supersuit. As for cat morphs for genesis, so far I've yet to see one specifically marketed but the Genesis creature morphs come with a variety of animal morphs including a few felines, in addition to creatures like Rawart's Elephant morph. These could all potentially get a decent result for what I imagine you're going for.

edited November 2012

nekollx said:
    Figured I'd ask again

Which figure do you use? Specifics are useful when seeking assistance. If you use Genesis then I would consider using the supersuit. As for cat morphs for genesis, so far I've yet to see one specifically marketed but the Genesis creature morphs come with a variety of animal morphs including a few felines, in addition to creatures like Rawart's Elephant morph. These could all potentially get a decent result for what I imagine you're going for.

Yeah Genesis, I was thinking the same think avout the cat morphs but it was more of a general concept, i mean Beast Boy has turned into a Gorilia (easy), dog, t rex, so many things, and not anthro verson of them full animals forms how far can one push Genesis to make Beast Boy.

and then Seperatly what would be good choices ro recreate a power ranger. the v4 MFD tonic seems like it should work and any bodysuit/supersuit/catsuit for the guys but what about weapons and helmets, (or the super mode vest)

I'lll attached some references in a sec

PRSamruai_Refs.jpg
    1610 x 768 - 332K
    Post edited by nekollx on
  • lface8lface8 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

For the helmet, maybe these would work? http://www.daz3d.com/shop/motorcycle-helmets-for-genesis

edited December 1969

I'd have to find a way to remove the divits and other ornements, sometimes i think a basicly sphere primitive would work best but I've never made a conforming shape so i woulnt know how to make the UV maps you know.

edited November 2012

RAMWolff said:
    ANCHOVIES? YUK! lol That looks good . Yea, I watched a vid on Spotlight where the presenter loaded a plane up, started up Spotlight with some rocks. First applied the rocks texture to the plane and then used the ZAdd to start the process of bringing the actual rock formations into the plane. It's not completely 3D but it would be a really great way to add allot of background detail to a scene that can be zoomed in on. I was really impressed with this technique!

Thinking about your wanting to make humanoid skin, when I went to do some inner mouth textures I tried to do so just using zadd with the pen brush and the diffuse texture I was polypainting with through spotlight. I got good detail without having to use any bump maps from filterforge. So if you're talking skin, I think you could really get by with one of the less expensive versions of the program. If you want to start making scale mail armor, you might need those bump maps, but for fleshy things, zadd, polypaint and spotlight working together can get some good details.

zaddmouth2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 185K
    zaddmouth.jpg
    800 x 600 - 203K
    tongue.jpg
    800 x 600 - 140K
    sharkskinreds.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by JoeQuick on
    edited December 1969

WOW... very impressive! Looks pretty natural!

edited November 2012

screwing around trying to make renders look less rendery.

teamhdpaint.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 1M
    edited November 2012

Not totally in love with it.

ninjamask2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 290K
    ninjamask.jpg
    800 x 600 - 111K
    notinlove2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 100K
    notinlove1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 144K
  • Wiccancowboy2000Wiccancowboy2000 Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

Just adding a few details here and there

Ok, I have to ask... Did you create that pose, or is it from a set somewhere? Basically, how can I get that pose for Wolvie? It's awesome!

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Just adding a few details here and there

Ok, I have to ask... Did you create that pose, or is it from a set somewhere? Basically, how can I get that pose for Wolvie? It's awesome!

Its from this set http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/volg-pack-for-m4/72609

Though I tweaked it a little bit using open hand presets and I used expressions from Digiport

edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    screwing around trying to make renders look less rendery.

What an incredible re-creation.

They look *exactly*, exactly like the ninja turtles. They're perfect.

Will this by any chance ever be available for genesis? I haven't been keeping up with the progress, but I feel this might be a big seller :)

Freebie, Christmas. Haven't decided whether or not to make it a part of the unofficial daz pa freebie giveaway (don't know how my peers would feel about including something based on established ip), Rendo's freebie deal, or just stick it up on ShareCG. But they're done now, just need to be packaged up. May or may not make fancy thumbnails for the files. I really hate making fancy thumbnails.

edited December 1969

Awe comeon make fancy shamacy thumbnails! :P

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    May or may not make fancy thumbnails for the files. I really hate making fancy thumbnails.

Cheat! Crop the relevant bit from a render you already got. Standard DS/P4 thumbnails are 91 x 91, but I usually render at 100 x 100 for my packages.

edited December 1969

I usually double so they are 182 X 182 since Poser users Content gallery has large icon display.

edited December 1969

some textured zbrush renders, first three are high poly, last one is low poly.

ninjamask5000.jpg
    800 x 600 - 200K
    ninjamask_(2).jpg
    800 x 600 - 151K
    ninjamask2_(2).jpg
    800 x 600 - 439K
    ninjamask3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 180K
    edited December 1969

full outfit and some variations

ninjamisc1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 136K
    ninjamisc2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 132K
    ninjamisc3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 126K
    ninja3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 84K
    ninja2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 98K
    edited November 2012

some random shots of what I've got rigged so far with different shapes applied (h4, m5, v5, a4). been tweaking the materials as I go trying to get them to look more like they were in zbrush. some of the later faces are a little bit wonky, i set m5's head morph to -1 for that render to eliminate the eye distortion, and forgot to turn it off when doing the v5 and a4 renders (not sure I want to know what the would have looked like with their masks off).

a4ninja2.jpg
    500 x 500 - 72K
    a4ninja.jpg
    500 x 500 - 57K
    v5ninja.jpg
    500 x 500 - 60K
    m5ninja.jpg
    500 x 500 - 66K
    hironinja.jpg
    500 x 500 - 63K
    edited December 1969

last one for the night

gninja.jpg
    500 x 500 - 81K
  • RobbyBobbyRobbyBobby Posts: 325
    edited December 1969

OK, not exactly superheroes,but I thought Joe might like to see his Duckies as the First Family of Duckburg:

Family Portrait

Family_Portrait.jpg
    1186 x 602 - 271K
This discussion has been closed.