Send To Daz

2getit2getit Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

I did some vertex modeling after sending my v4 to Hexagon via the bridge, and when I was done I sent it back to daz using the bridge, but when it comes back to daz the model looks like an octopus and the only way to change it back is by setting the morph back to 0, but then I lose the vertex modeling I made in Hexagon. Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Please post an image of what you get back from Hex, it is hard to know what you mean from your description.

If you added or removed any vertices, it wont work at all. Makes sure that you didn't interfer with the vertex count or vertex ordering, and it should work OK. What changes did you make?

• 2getit2getit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The image wouldn't be appropriate because it is female genitalia, basically all I did was I selected a few vertices and moved them around but none are overlapping or anything like that, but when I clicked send to daz it opened up daz studio it asked to create a morph, create a prop etc. I selected create morph. I created the morph with a value of 1 and discombobulated the figure.

edited December 1969

Where did you get the genitals for V4, and are they a part of the main mesh, or are they added by geometry switching or some other method. You could try on a less sensitive part, like her nose or mouth, send it back to DS4, and if it works, then you cannot use the genitals in taht way.

edited December 1969

the genitals are on by texture, so they are flat, so I sent them into Hexagon to make them a little bit more "realistic"

edited December 1969

I just tried this with the Nose, and her Belly. Both morphs were created correctly in DS4.

Have you tried this, just select a central vertex, use soft selection, and pull the vertx out. Send it to DS and create your morph, it only takes seconds to do. At least that would tell us if you are doing something wrong.

edited December 1969

does the model have to be in a default pose before I send it to hexagon? I've had it in a pose this whole time.

edited December 1969

No, it doesn't need to be zeroed or anything, any pose will do as well.

edited December 1969

I tried it in with the soft selection tool and I got the same results

edited December 1969

I reset the v4 without any morph injections or textures applied to it, used the soft selection for a test and in a base pose and it worked. So it either had something to do with the pose it was in, or any previous morphs applied to it

edited December 1969

I just tried this.

When I return V4 to DS4, I have to use Zero Figure in the Parameters before applying the morph. All of the previously applied morphs are then all included in the new morph as well, so dialling up your morph will apply all of the previous morphs too.

I had never tried it like that before. You would be best to create your new morph from the Zeroed figure, and save it to be used again on other versions of V4.

edited December 1969

ok cool, probably why I kept getting an octopus like effect lol

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited November 2012

if you applied poze or morph , then hope to make morph target from the status of the figure,
    you can do it with reverse option when export (by hexagon bridge) the shape to ds4.5,,
    (you do not need to change figure shape or poze in ds 4.5, just keep it as you made,)

I do not know it is same as what you want,,,

that Jimmy said is of course right,, on the other hand, you can adjust shape from the status which you made too.
    the morph keep only delta from the status..(you can use the morph about another poze too,, though it is only delta,
    so about some case,, it may not much other pozing,,so it is the morph for the shape and poze you made.)

sometimes it must need,, eg you want to adjust the character shape when pozing,, you better to make morph about the poze.
    and keep it as delta

or about high heel boots,,
    want to make morph for adjust shape when you apply foot poze your figure,,

poze3.JPG
    861 x 749 - 87K
    poze2.JPG
    835 x 591 - 69K
    reverse.JPG
    616 x 513 - 37K
    poze1.JPG
    821 x 636 - 66K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on