Losing morphs when exporting to CR2

BagboyBagboy Posts: 170

Hello-

I had rigged a dress and added a few adjustment morphs via the Hexagon bridge. I inserted them into the dress as Morphs/ Imported. Unfortunately, I did not realize that the morph names should not have spaces. :shut:

When I exported to CR2, a pop up informed me that it would adjust the names by inserting underscores where the spaces were.

When loading the new dress CR2, however, no more Imported/Morphs! Missing in action!

I opened the CR2 in a text editor, and the morphs are in there, properly corrected with the underscores, but, it just isn't loading with them.

Does anybody know of a workaround for this problem? I'd hate to have to start over!

Thanks for looking!

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Simple one first...are they the same name in the 'list' and in the actual 'detail' section.

The 'list' is the list of morphs, usually near the beginning of the CR2 and the 'detail' is later, where the actual details for that morph are spelled out. If they aren't the same name, you'll have an 'empty' and an 'unattached'...

• BagboyBagboy Posts: 170
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Simple one first...are they the same name in the 'list' and in the actual 'detail' section.

The 'list' is the list of morphs, usually near the beginning of the CR2 and the 'detail' is later, where the actual details for that morph are spelled out. If they aren't the same name, you'll have an 'empty' and an 'unattached'...

I found some morph designations with the underscores, and some without in the CR2. Must have been half a dozen of the ones with the underscored spaces. The ones without followed "name".

I tried filling in the underscores but that didn't seem to resolve the problem.

I'm beginning to think there isn't going to be an easy fix for this. I only hope adding the morphs with properly unspaced names will solve the problem.

The odd thing is, one of the first morphs I managed to bring in via Hexagon had spaces, and that's the only morph that consistently shows up in the exported CR2. :roll:

Well, rolling up the sleeves...

Thanks again MJC!

edited December 1969

Well, now I'm getting totally flummoxed!

I dialed up each morph for the dress one at a time, sent them each to Hexagon via the bridge, exported each out of Hex as an OBJ, then tried to use Morph Loader to apply these back to a dress.

No joy! With Morph Loader Advanced, I get an error message telling me the morph had no effect.

With Morph Loader Pro, it goes through the motions with no error message, but there is no sign of the new morphs anywhere.

Guess I'm stuck recreating each morph from scratch! :ahhh:

edited December 1969

Okay, never mind. I think I found the Morph Loader problem. Apparently you cannot use the OBJs from Hexagon for the morphs.

If I export the OBJs from the original dress, with each morph dialed up, then I can use those in a new dress.

Yay! Looks like I won't have to recreate from scratch!

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

The naming standard don't really means much, it's just the exporter being picky.

There was a long standing issue with the CR2 exporter and morph loader/hex bridge and I don't know if it was ever fixed, the problem was that while the morphs are created properly in the body parts, the master dial in the BODY was either missing or hidden, I can't remember which and worse I can't remember the work around we used in DS3.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    The naming standard don't really means much, it's just the exporter being picky.

There was a long standing issue with the CR2 exporter and morph loader/hex bridge and I don't know if it was ever fixed, the problem was that while the morphs are created properly in the body parts, the master dial in the BODY was either missing or hidden, I can't remember which and worse I can't remember the work around we used in DS3.

Yes, but if it ends up with a combination of both styles...then there's problems. I've never had one that didn't have the same name everywhere save out as a working morph.

You could do a search with the text editor and replace any "Hidden:1" with "Hidden:0" on any of your morphs.

edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:

Thanks Bejaymac-

I finally got all the morphs loaded and saved via Morph Loader.

It was a long a laborious process. I fortunately had one DAZ file saved that had all the original morphs imported from Hex via the bridge. I was able to take that model, dial up the Hex generated morph, export that one out of D/S as an OBJ, the load the morph to a fresh model. One by one.

That fresher model did have a bunch of V4 full and partial body morphs in it that I had managed to inject into it before. But, when saving out as a CR2, those morphs were stripped out (or at least the dials aren't available). Only the newer Morph Loader morphs survived.

I haven't checked yet with a text editor to see if they are still listed somewhere in the CR2. I didn't need the V4 morphs any way, but it would have been nice to know they'd survive, or to know why they didn't.

Bottom line, I managed to make it work! Not exactly sure I could remember all the hoops jumped through for next time but it works now! ;-)

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:

Yes, but if it ends up with a combination of both styles...then there's problems. I've never had one that didn't have the same name everywhere save out as a working morph.

You could do a search with the text editor and replace any "Hidden:1" with "Hidden:0" on any of your morphs.

I'll have to check that Hidden 1 and 0 thing out!

It got kinda iffy searching the CR2 with a text editor, it being so lengthy. I tried using CR2Builder to look at it, but, didn't have enough time to figure that one out!

Thanks again MJC. You guys and gals are very generous in helping us out here. It isn't that easy explaining the problems, let alone the solutions. Even figuring out search terms for the problems are a trick. :lol: