Anybody have experience with the Animated Textures plug-in for Daz 3?

dee_dubdee_dub Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Anybody have experience with the Animated Textures plug-in for Daz 3?

It's really simple and I get it, but I'm having an endless problem with it. It seems that 1 out of 20 times I can make it this plug-in work for me, the other 19 times I can't change my texture sequences. I will change the texture and then preview a rendered frame and it just reverts back to the texture before it. Over and over and over. The times it has worked for me I have found no rhyme or reason to how I accomplished it. 3 days of this and it's driving me absolutely bonkers. I'm working on a Mac so I can't use some of the free scripts I've seen on the web or forums as an alternative.

Has anybody here had this problem of the textures switching back or know a work around for this? Please help going insane in the membrane. It's just that the plug-in should be so simple and it's not or it's just buggy or flakey.

thanks for your time.

Comments

• dee_dubdee_dub Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well all I have to say is after 3 days of this I'm about to smash my head through a wall. Most flakiest plug-in ever:'(

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited November 2012

Just acquired it recently so have very limited experience with it.

1. Images MUST be numbered sequentially. You just pick the 1st one and it applies all the others. [direct it to a folder with ONLY the pictures you want it to use]

2. not to do with this plugin but D/S's renderer also doesn't like 16bit images apparently, crashes everytime.

I was able to get a sequence working on the timeline and then repeated the timeline adding in a figure and change its positions.
    End result was an animating picture with a moving person in the room. Kool.

Post edited by patience55 on
  • dee_dubdee_dub Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply but, I don't have any problems like you've mentioned. I have made a few renders so far. My problem is I'll change the sequenced texture to a new sequence, but when I render it will revert to the last sequence. I'll try again and again and it just reverts. Sometimes I'll get the right texture but when rendered it won't animate. These are all properly sequenced textures as sometime it'll work, but has only worked very, very occassionally.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited November 2012

dee_dub said:
    Thanks for the reply but, I don't have any problems like you've mentioned. I have made a few renders so far. My problem is I'll change the sequenced texture to a new sequence, but when I render it will revert to the last sequence. I'll try again and again and it just reverts. Sometimes I'll get the right texture but when rendered it won't animate. These are all properly sequenced textures as sometime it'll work, but has only worked very, very occassionally.

It's one of the older plugins. I tried changing the sequence too. Looks to be what I call a memory problem which may be D/S3 and/or the plugin. When I switched the image, the image on the character prop didn't change and the new sequence didn't animate in render either.
    So ... oh man is this going to be "fun" ... it looks like the images must be .jpegs, must have NO spaces in the name, and for same project scene jobs, must be in the same folder with the same name, exactly the same name for the sequence set as well ... allow for the first image that will probably be rendered as the last set, changing over to the new images hopefully by the second image draw.

I also discovered that if 2 surfaces on different character props are attempted, they will both have the same textures!

edit: PSPX4 renumbers them as required in a batch operation :-)

Post edited by patience55 on