Add Credit Card

H. J. ValdiH. J. Valdi Posts: 98
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi

I was just looking to add a credit card to my profile when I noticed that the last field to complete is "nickname". It's marked with an asterisk to denote required information, but I have no idea what it's asking for or how a nickname is relevant to my credit card. Is it perhaps asking for my user name or perhaps my name as it is on my credit card?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

When I come across a site that asks for nickname, I think they are asking for a name that you refer to the card by, so I may have one called new card and one called old card, etc. I guess you could even just call it something like Cardew.

I think it is there to help people who use several different cards.

THis is just my take on this BTW. but that is how it has worked for me on other sites that have asked a similar question.

• H. J. ValdiH. J. Valdi Posts: 98
    edited December 1969

Weirdest... credit card... question... ever!

But you were right, Chohole! ;-)

Thank you very much for your help.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

We have this "nickname" with a number of online stores over here in the uk. I call one of mine "TheMoneyDrain" :) No not this site. :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

lol Pete, you have a similar sense of humour to me. I had a warning once that passwords may have been sompromised on one site I used very infrequently, if at all, so I duly went and changed it to "Amickeymousepassword"

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,063
    edited December 1969

Being of sound (but warped) mind, I have a weasel (visa), monster (master) and found (discover) card. Most goes to the weasels. :-)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

chuckles at cho and namlfuak CC nicknames.