Black November

larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
edited November 2012 in The Commons

Did I miss something or did this start today? I just now noticed the link in the website header.

*goes shopping*

Interestingly they have "door busters" where only the first 100 can get the item at the advertised price. I'll save my pennies for a good deal.

Todays bundle aint too bad but really has random stuff in it. I would like the demongirly but can live without.

And PC members save 40% too.

At least they are doing something interesting.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on

Comments

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

I would have bought it, but I already own most of the draw items in that bundle. There's also a deal where you can get freebies if you spend >$30 on Daz Originals and there are also some PA items in Fastgrab.

All good things. Will be following with interest! :-)

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

I don't have much stuff in that bundle only one item, but I only really want one piece of it so it's pointless. I still have my monthly discount thingy to use as well.

edited November 2012

Looks like they sold out of the door buster already...It's up to $108..before it was like $16 with discount, $30 without. That was fast....

Edit: Hope they don't plan to just leave it there forever, page needs an update already. Kinda like fastgrab of old.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551
    edited December 1969

I would've liked a few hairs in there, but... I wasn't chomping at the bit for the rest of the stuff so I passed. The daily deal, did have Ron's blood... Which I may someday have a use for, and at 2 dollars I can afford it.

edited December 1969

It's not about what I can afford anymore, it's about how much I can spend before I get caught.

I tease. I'm holding my pennies.

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Looks like they sold out of the door buster already...It's up to $108..before it was like $16 with discount, $30 without. That was fast....

Edit: Hope they don't plan to just leave it there forever, page needs an update already. Kinda like fastgrab of old.

I love these arbitrary limitations of availability on digital goods, they make so much sense. And it's so much fun too, failing to be there on time and seeing what you missed.

All sales should be like this!

(Spoiler alert: some sarcasm was used in the production of this post)

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Oh well it looks like I'll be spend my money over on rdna. Those freebies are no use to me and working means I'll like miss all these limited sales.

edited December 1969

araneldon said:

I love these arbitrary limitations of availability on digital goods, they make so much sense. And it's so much fun too, failing to be there on time and seeing what you missed.

If it was like the old fastgrab where new stuff came up pretty quickly I wouldn't mind the arbitrary limitations of sale items. You can still buy the items at a higher price if you really wanted them. The system is just meant to be a method to steer people to make impulse purchases and if you have an unlimited amount of items to cycle through its all good, kinda like the Home Shopping Network.

But in this case it's pretty sad because the page states it was last updated Nov 13th, which means they plan to update on Nov 14th. and I know that means for another 20 hours or so the page will be out of date. not exciting.

edited November 2012

Ok it's back up again but now its more money than before. was 16 bucks now its 27. So I guess thats why they took it off sale so they could fix the price.

At $16 i was mildly tempted, at $27 I'm laughing.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,242
    edited December 1969

I can wait for the new hair to reach the store so I can have a decent look at it. I'm not that big on anime hair anyway.

• Nester751Nester751 Posts: 361
    edited December 1969

Yep, I saw it change 3 times in less than 2 minutes of page refreshing. The problem with this type of sale is who knows when the item will be posted... I would wish they'd state "new doorbuster posted at 3 pm Eastern (or something like that). It also messes up people living where it's night time right now... :(

edited November 2012

Nester751 said:
    Yep, I saw it change 3 times in less than 2 minutes of page refreshing. The problem with this type of sale is who knows when the item will be posted... I would wish they'd state "new doorbuster posted at 3 pm Eastern (or something like that). It also messes up people living where it's night time right now... :(

I can see that being an issue too.

I've noticed they have changed the copy multiple times too. They added a line about how the price won't be cheaper with PC discount. Then they bolded it and put it in red.

They need to stop working on the live site while people are shopping, bad user experience...

EDIT: now they tweaked the formatting lol.

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

If it was like the old fastgrab where new stuff came up pretty quickly I wouldn't mind the arbitrary limitations of sale items. You can still buy the items at a higher price if you really wanted them. The system is just meant to be a method to steer people to make impulse purchases and if you have an unlimited amount of items to cycle through its all good, kinda like the Home Shopping Network.

I know, but the regular prices are so high that it's practically the same as removing them from the store as far as I'm concerned.
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited November 2012

On the one hand, I'm impressed that they started this on the 13th of the month, Friday or no Friday. On the other, "all month long" when we're almost halfway through the month rings a bit false. And then there's this:

araneldon said:

If it was like the old fastgrab where new stuff came up pretty quickly I wouldn't mind the arbitrary limitations of sale items. You can still buy the items at a higher price if you really wanted them. The system is just meant to be a method to steer people to make impulse purchases and if you have an unlimited amount of items to cycle through its all good, kinda like the Home Shopping Network . . .
    I'm catching a whiff of "didn't think it through" here, especially since today's bundle is all previously-released content that I either already have or don't want. So, lets say tomorrow's comes up and its got stuff in it that I do want. Do I check through my spreadsheet to see what in the bundle I've got already and calculate whether or not it's worth it to rebuy stuff for the lower price on the rest? Of course not! I slam it into the cart and buy it as fast as possible the spit-second I realize I might want it -- I have to do it that way, otherwise I'll probably miss out on the deal. Then I check it over. If it turns out it's a bad bargain for me after all I'll return it, but I'll have still burned one of the 100 slots, preventing some other customer from getting the deal and preventing DAZ from getting the money, by doing nothing more than what the sales structure requires. Nice going, marketing DAZzlers! :shut:
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited December 1969

On the one hand, I'm impressed that they started this on the 13th of the month, Friday or no Friday. On the other, "all month long" when we're almost halfway through the month rings a bit false. And then theres this:

araneldon said:

If it was like the old fastgrab where new stuff came up pretty quickly I wouldn't mind the arbitrary limitations of sale items. You can still buy the items at a higher price if you really wanted them. The system is just meant to be a method to steer people to make impulse purchases and if you have an unlimited amount of items to cycle through its all good, kinda like the Home Shopping Network . . .
    I'm catching a whiff of "didn't think it through" from this, especially since today's bundle is all previously-released content that I either already have or don't want. So, lets say tomorrow's comes up and its got stuff in it that I do want. Do I check through my spreadsheet to see what in the bundle I've got already and calculate whether or not it's worth it to rebuy stuff for the lower price on the rest? Of course not! I slam it into the cart and buy it as fast as possible the spit-second I realize I might want it -- I have to do it that way, otherwise I'll probably miss out on the deal. Then I check it over. If it turns out it's a bad bargain for me after all I'll return it, but I'll have still burned one of the 100 slots, preventing some other customer from getting the deal and preventing DAZ from getting the money, by doing nothing more than what the sales structure requires. Nice going, marketing DAZzlers! :shut:

I just got my e-mail and it was already up to 27 dollars then.. It's nothing I particularly want and only two items in there that I would mildly be interested in and two I already have so it would be cheaper for me to buy the items individually. But that's ok it might be an awesome deal for someone else. I did hit the fast grab for the demon and the freebie I like freebies even if I don't think I will ever use them i download them just in case I might be able to re-purpose them someday.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551
    edited December 1969

I find the "Freebie" section confusing. Those items are 'free with purchase' or am I missing something?

edited December 1969

I find the "Freebie" section confusing. Those items are 'free with purchase' or am I missing something?

From what I understand you get to choose one with a 30.00 dollar purchase... I was confused until I went back and reread it.. But there were free lamps in the newsletter I am guessing that's the weekly freebie..

• kurisu2112kurisu2112 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

JK0011 said:

From what I understand you get to choose one with a 30.00 dollar purchase... I was confused until I went back and reread it.. But there were free lamps in the newsletter I am guessing that's the weekly freebie..

But the $30 purchase need to DAZ Originals
    And I suppose you need to add the freebie item into the basket at the same time (not tried this) to get it at that price.

edited December 1969

JK0011 said:

But the $30 purchase need to DAZ Originals
    And I suppose you need to add the freebie item into the basket at the same time (not tried this) to get it at that price.

Yeah your freebie choice has to be in the cart at the time as your purchase

• HALO creativeHALO creative Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

I'm confused as to why they are using "Jade Assassin" to advertise the Black November "Freebies" when that is NOT one of the freebies currently offered (as of 13 Nov).

The promotion preview images should show the currently offered items, so as to avoid confusion & misleading advertising.

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited December 1969

agree about jade assassin being a confusing choice for the freebies representative... oh well maybe it will come along later.

interesting sale, came out of nowhere. no idea what to expect, i'll keep an eye on it.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
    edited December 1969

I noticed that among the Bundle items is Hiro 5's Hair. I tried to go to it's individual product page, but it's unavailable.

So my question is, will this item be available on it's own soon, or will I have to wait until after this PC event?

• Chris BarnesChris Barnes Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

Hiro's 5 hair should've come with the Hiro 5 figure like Hitomi's did. Not cool.

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited December 1969

Freebie, that's more like "Buy one, get a lower valued one free" Not quite that enticing is it... But hey the link worked ;)

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

I see the bundle is still on sale, have 100 people still not bought? Wow.

• SupercopeSupercope Posts: 128
    edited December 1969

:-) Only came through to see who would be compaining...about what...and the loudest... :-)

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Supercope said:
    :-) Only came through to see who would be compaining...about what...and the loudest... :-)

Yup. Same here. No surprises.

Kendall

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Supercope said:

Yup. Same here. No surprises.
    Hey! I resemble that remark! :coolsmirk:
    edited November 2012

anikad said:
    I see the bundle is still on sale, have 100 people still not bought? Wow.

Couple of things. Or a few even.

Is this really going to shut off on it's own? Is there some feature in the site that will automatically revert the price? I doubt it based on other things I've seen. Is someone waiting around to see sales late night so they can manually adjust? I doubt it but I could be wrong on both counts.

Also, selling 100 of those would be a good sell through for them based on what I experienced with the old fast grab system. Back then you could see how fast an item was selling, how many were left at that price and how long was left. Selling 100 copies of a bundle that isn't packed with new content might take longer than a few hours..if it ever hits 100 at all.

Oh and it cost more than $2, which is what most people still think bundles should go for on this site.

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Well I just got my new Hyper suit in there 50% off for one day but don't know when, so people will have to keep an eye one the sales page or they miss out !!!

PL-01.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 368K