YOU CAN DO AN ANIMATION!!!

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,808
edited November 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

Okey dokey, I am tired of hearing folks say they cannot do animations.
it is not rocket science.
The easiest type is lipsync.
just a face closeup.
so I am putting up a couple of simple tutorials
Wendy style
Part one click here
plain grey Genesis in a t-pose
too easy

do one and post it here
get a youtube account or put it on facebook whatever, add a link.
ask questions
just try it

sorry, I only have Windows, Mac much the same but save as .mov rather than .avi
save uncompressed in Windows at least and compress using Windows movie maker for best Youtube file size

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,808
    edited November 2012

part two Here
    watch it too.
    you see how quick and easy it is.

requests for video descriptions of things you do not understand accepted, I can whip em up like that!

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Keep it going Wendy you're doing a great job !!!

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited November 2012

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase
    teach me too,, @@;

I must be good sutudent,, this time ^^;

==========

thak you much. it is simple and easy to understand!
    .I hope next lesson ^^; my request is,,, about basic Timeline etc,,

adittional ,,
    (to use free lip sync . need to install d|s 4.5 32 bit ver about windows.
    I do not know about MAC ds,,)

I installed ds 4.5 32bit ver, for lip sync only. I can use every contents and one CMS
    by 64bit ver too, so just install 32 bit daz studio aprication only. not need to install otehr contents again.

( when install ds 32bit, check the default contents folda is same as usuall you installed the contents)
    ofcourse 32bit aprication need to be installed different directory C:\Program Files (x86)\
    in windows 7 )

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
    edited December 1969

gif animation tute coming
    more suited for those posing pretty Daz dollies
    as it is simply an image series rather than a video
    You can use better render settings, nice lighting etc

Tomilla1.gif
    500 x 500 - 2M
    tomila00.gif
    500 x 500 - 2M
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm first I see. So here it is. My first ever Animation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1DMV1CjDKk&feature=plcp

Poor quality, no sound effects but I did it. Who's next?

edited December 1969

:coolsmile: :coolsmirk: :coolgrin: :coolhmm: :coolmad: :coolcheese: :coolsmile: :coolsmirk: :coolgrin: :coolhmm: :coolmad: :coolcheese: :coolsmile: :coolsmirk: :coolgrin: :coolhmm: :coolmad: :coolcheese: :coolsmile: :coolsmirk: :coolgrin: :coolhmm: :coolmad: :coolcheese: :coolsmile: :coolsmirk: :coolgrin: :coolhmm: :coolmad: :coolcheese: :coolsmile: :coolsmirk: :coolgrin: :coolhmm: :coolmad: :coolcheese: :coolsmile: :coolsmirk: :coolgrin: :coolhmm: :coolmad: :coolcheese: :coolsmile: :coolsmirk: :coolgrin: :coolhmm: :coolmad: :coolcheese: :coolsmile: :coolsmirk: :coolgrin: :coolhmm: :coolmad: :coolcheese: :coolsmile: :coolsmirk: :coolgrin: :coolhmm: :coolmad: :coolcheese: :coolsmile: :coolsmirk: :coolgrin: :coolhmm: :coolmad: :coolcheese: :coolsmile: :coolsmirk: :coolgrin: :coolhmm: :coolmad: :coolcheese:

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I need to go look at the tut again. I made a face, recorded a couple of sentences, thought I put it together, and nothing happened. No sound nor movement,

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    I need to go look at the tut again. I made a face, recorded a couple of sentences, thought I put it together, and nothing happened. No sound nor movement,

Did you have the figure selected or just its head?
    can you hear the sound file if you press play instead of analyze in the lipsync tab?
    when you pressed analyze did it do anything, put up any messages?
    does the figure if not Genesis, have phoneme morphs?
    did you record a seperate sound file or try to use the record function in studio? (the latter is very dodgy and I would avoid it like the plague)
    does one of the example files that come up when you press load work?
  • Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Good troubleshooting technique Wendy :)

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

Did you have the figure selected or just its head?
    can you hear the sound file if you press play instead of analyze in the lipsync tab?
    when you pressed analyze did it do anything, put up any messages?
    does the figure if not Genesis, have phoneme morphs?
    did you record a seperate sound file or try to use the record function in studio? (the latter is very dodgy and I would avoid it like the plague)
    does one of the example files that come up when you press load work?

Only the head selected.
    no.
    no
    Genesis figure
    separate sound file
    yes

Therefore, it must be something I'm doing wrong. Could be my mic although I tried an external and the built-in.

Best guess: defective user

I have physical therapy this morning, but will try again later today.

edited December 1969

sounds like it must be your sound file, try opening it in Audacity and resaving it

edited December 1969

This is my Finished LOW quality Version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLjMGasIVLA&feature=youtu.be

edited December 1969

The parents are both working today, so I've got Ian. Don't know if I will get anything done or not.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited November 2012

Aaaarrrggghhhh ... "easy" ha!

She turned out GREEN. Hair, skin, eyes, lips, everything GREEN.
    Everything looked to be set up 'just right'. Spot renders were correct. Waited HOURS for the render to finish. 3,898 frames but who's counting.

Part way through the rendering I noticed that the AV had reactivated itself so I turned it off again ... and then she was 'normal' colour.
    But Windows Player wouldn't play the entire film clip, just 3/4 quarters, some nonsense about not recognizing a non-existent compression codex. [for uncompressed files] Pinnacle could play it fine.

If anybody is interested, the only change I made was to change the background colour from white to a colour ... the time per render between 32bit and 64bit is about 2 seconds. It's possible that the colour takes an extra second per render.

Cheers :-)

edit: Well take 2 was no better. The really odd thing though is that an avi render of just the first section is fine. But when the entire project is rendered, the first part is 'not' fine. Take 2 was green with a pink background. Then static. Then as it should be [except for the lip sync which wasn't exactly but ....

Post edited by patience55 on
  • Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited November 2012

the mimic program, works fine.
    the animate premade mocap bvh stuff works fine

the animation problem appears if you would do keyframe/pose to pose animation from start to finish without the use of animate bvh files.
    problem is the IK hip movement, the problem with IK and pinning. (forward/inverse kinematics) and more...
    the sequencer, easy move, delete, copy, move keyframes on timeline.

as long as these basic things aren't fixed, animation is very difficult to do.
    you will know this if you have played with motionbuilder or the basic animationtools from iclone.

daz made a promise to fix this in studio 5.
    we see & wait...,

a good example of animation
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq9ZpZuwvU4&feature=related

momently unthinkable that you can do this fast and good in studio.

Post edited by Fixme12 on
  • inkenginesinkengines Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Good tutorial. I have used DAZ for several years and it is one of my favorite animating tools. I use these animations in my books. If you would like to see Bacon, Toon Elf, and a few others fully animated with voice... go to www.inkengines.com Hope this helps some. A Christmas Tale is due out in a few days that features many DAZ products. There is another book that features Bacon titled "The Miracle Shed". Available at iTunes.

Carlos

• UVDanUVDan Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

Have no animation fear......cause Wendy is here!! I appreciate the help. Thank you for your time and effort.

edited December 1969

My sound is still trashed, but I'm going to get it figured out. Please hang with me.

edited April 2013

I mess up ignore this.

Post edited by Jaderail on