DAZ Content Manager Service will not start

2»

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Tarak said:
    I've lost it as well - but all the times

What OS are you using? What version of DAZ Studio?

Have you tried starting the CMS from the Start menu?

• TarakTarak Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

I've just removed DAZ 4.1.6 (latest version) and CMS from the computer and all files and registry references I could locate.

DAZ 4.1.6 (or what ever the latest is)
    it was installed on E:// Drive
    My main directory id C://

And I started from the start menu

Post edited by Tarak on
    edited November 2012

If you reinstall DS 4.5.1.6, the latest version of the CMS will be installed as well, as long as you have already uninstalled the CMS The drive letter should not matter, as long as it refers to a drive which is always connected, and not a USB drive or a backup drive.

CMS installs along with the main installer, and the path that it is going to use is displayed. You can change that path before installing, but it is probably best to use the default path.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

OK I seem to have it up now - we will see if it crashes over the next while - thanks :)

edited December 1969

No it didn't work, collapsed again - However, I've done the following:

Installed new graphics card, nothing too grand, GT630 with 2 gig ram instead of the old 500mb
    Installed USB3 board (not really relevant to DAZ)
    Installed Windows 7 Pro 64bit on a separate HDD dual boot to XP

Every thing seems to work OK (for at least 24hrs so far) with DAZ 4.5.1.56 on Windows 7

Thanks for the support

edited December 1969

Welcome back :)

• Bruno AcciolyBruno Accioly Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

Hi there,

I had about 1550 items installed by Install Manager - and genesis essentials installed manually (because installing it with install manager wouldn´t make a difference).

I bought a bunch of items yesterday and today and now there is no content showing on my smart content tabs or in the old content tab.

Daz Content Manager is installed.

I uninstalled everything and installed it again, rebooting and all and the content still does not show.

My Daz Install Manager directory is consistent with the content directory on Daz Studio.

Oddly enough the Shaping tab shows content conforming to what is installed, even though the content does not show on Smart Content tab or old content tab.

Reimporting meta-data does not work for making the content come back. The content shows on the list of meta-data to be imported, but still nothing changes on the smart content tab.

I tried starting the Content Manager Service manually but it made no difference either.

As dead lines are approaching I am in trouble here and reinstalling all the content manually again would take about a week.

These called my attention on the log file: 
    WARNING: dzvalentinaobjectdatabase.cpp(36): DB Register Open error: Stream read error. 
    DB Register Open error: Stream read error. 
    WARNING: dzvalentinaobjectdatabase.cpp(36): DB Register Open error: Stream read error. 
    DB Register Open error: Stream read error.

There is also a lot of: "Could not find target property for formula" entries.

I noticed that the service DAZContentManagementService, even if started manually, will be interrupted after Daz Studio 4.5 is initiated.

On this thread I read it could be related to the port of the service. How can I change the port of the service and, if I do, would the service stop being interrupted?

Any ideas?

• Bruno AcciolyBruno Accioly Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

Ok...
    After all my hair became white I came across a thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8028/#105548

What I did was:
    0) Deleted all my content but Genesis Essentials;
    1) Open Windows Explorer;
    2) Made the Program Data folder visible (it is hidden by default);
    3) Entered Program Data/DAZ 3D/Content Manager
    4) Tried to delete the database folder (couldn't do it because the service was up and running);
    5) Killed the DAZ Content Manager service;
    6) Deleted the database folder (if there is more than one kill them both);
    7) Started the DAZ Content Manager service;
    8) Installed all my content again with DAZ Install Manager;
    9) Humbly looked up to Heaven and asked for mercy (this is important);
    10) Started DAZ Studio;

Yes... it worked...
    Maybe it did because the 9th step (do it even in case of atheism).

Have fun!

• don71don71 Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

Why has my subscription for the cms expired.
    according to the text file in the vlog directory in the cms directory it expired on the 28 of Feb 2013.
    That is a new install of DS 4.5.1.56 pro done this morning.
    i have no smart content.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Shouldn't be. The subscription might've expired (that's just a support thing) but the license itself doesn't expire.

Licence license_emb_4422548148518942 is registered to DAZ3D.
    Valid until 9999-12-31. Subscription valid until 2013-02-08.
  • don71don71 Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

DS is on a separate hdd.
    uninstalled using dim and then uninstalled DS as well, deleted directory
    Then full reinstall of both DS and content. thank God and Daz for the DIM
    123 gb of Studio and content from daz. it would have taken me months to
    do that manually.
    Smart content back. so are categories and products as well, they were gone before

• edited December 1969

Ok I lost my smart content as well. Is the gist of the arguement is I must use the DIM to get it back. I can't even find the blasted the CMS to turn it on right now. And My old posts where I had this problem before got deleted when they reset the forums and everything else.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Noshoba said:
    Ok I lost my smart content as well. Is the gist of the arguement is I must use the DIM to get it back. I can't even find the blasted the CMS to turn it on right now. And My old posts where I had this problem before got deleted when they reset the forums and everything else.

No, this has nothing to do with DIM. What OS are you using?

edited December 1969

Noshoba said:

No posts were deleted, you can still find the old forum here, intact http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/

As Mike says, what OS are you using, and we can help you get the CMS running again.

• edited December 1969

Thanks got it. Just trying to figure out why it did it in the first place. Hadn't had the issue in a long time. And you need to know how to find the archive in first place. Lets just say had alot more than now 71 posts on this forum lol. So couldn't do my usual look through my old posts

• spearcarrierspearcarrier Posts: 686
    edited December 1969

Just reporting me too - and the fixes here are ALL over my head and beyond my ability to even follow. This happened once before when I installed new content. I just bought some poses and installed them today. Blammo, Content manager crashes, it's all gone when I try to load. That was a lot of work for me with time I didn't have. Most disappointed in this bug - and a bug it most definitely is. :-(

I just tried to find tutorials on how to backup my categories for daz 4 for next time. Couldn't find that either. Darn it.

edited December 1969

You will find tutorials on the CMS and Content Database here :

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/306/

• DurzaDurza Posts: 1
    edited May 2013

b.accioly said:
    Ok...
    After all my hair became white I came across a thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8028/#105548

What I did was:
    0) Deleted all my content but Genesis Essentials;
    1) Open Windows Explorer;
    2) Made the Program Data folder visible (it is hidden by default);
    3) Entered Program Data/DAZ 3D/Content Manager
    4) Tried to delete the database folder (couldn't do it because the service was up and running);
    5) Killed the DAZ Content Manager service;
    6) Deleted the database folder (if there is more than one kill them both);
    7) Started the DAZ Content Manager service;
    8) Installed all my content again with DAZ Install Manager;
    9) Humbly looked up to Heaven and asked for mercy (this is important);
    10) Started DAZ Studio;

Yes... it worked...
    Maybe it did because the 9th step (do it even in case of atheism).

Have fun!

Ahh! This fixed my problem. My Smart Content was empty after building my new computer. Even after uninstalling CMS and DS4, then re-installing, it wouldn't work, tried doing so several times. Tried starting the CMS through start menu and it wouldn't even launch.

So I uninstalled both again, deleted the DAZ 3D folder in program data, then re-installed DS4 and Genesis starter essentials.
    Then after completing step 9 I launched DS4 and it worked! We shall see if it is still working after some time.

Edit - Still seems to be working great a few days later.

Post edited by Durza on