• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited November 2012

a new render :)

room: razor42
    clothes: 3D-age
    love swing: lilflame
    chair/mirror: fm "cellar"
    hair: kiriTe II by fabiana

character "dixie" based on v4, morphs++,badabing for ds,overhaul for ds,ralphetas v4 bend - natasha elite skin (reworked by me)

textures on clothes, the love swing, chair and mirror also reworked

the_love_room_-2.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 335K
    Post edited by cosmo71 on
  • pumecopumeco Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I could be wrong, but I get the impression this girl has an interesting passtime :-P

edited December 1969

pumeco said:
    I could be wrong, but I get the impression this girl has an interesting passtime :-P

well, who knows :)

edited December 1969

a portrait with another hairstyle

dx_the_face_1_-_Kopie.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 190K
    edited December 1969

by the way, the last images of dixie showing her as a SubDivision Version at high resolution

edited December 1969

the daz tos version of "take a seat"

take_a_seat_10_-_Kopie.jpg
    1000 x 1600 - 394K
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    the daz tos version of "take a seat"

lol - So I take it DAZ haven't set up the nudity tags yet then.
    I have to admit, when DAZ get around to setting it up, this is the first thread I'm going to visit :-P
    edited December 1969

a not a model shaped body but a gorgeous girl

DIXIE MINX

dx_perfect_1.jpg
    1000 x 1600 - 214K
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    a not a model shaped body...

Depends upon the decade, cosmo, so don't be so sure about that ;-)

She's not the typical stick model of today, but she's a model none the less, and not every one prefers the models of today anyway, the media only thinks we do. Anyway, I'm one of those who prefer how women were in the 70's, and she definitely has an air of the 70's about her, so she looks good to me.

You should be congratulated on being able to make a 3D woman look sexy without being vulgar. Not enough artists seem to be capable of doing that, but you are. To me, this image is infinitely more sexy than the previous render where she's practically naked, and either an artist knows how to pull that off, or they don't.

Well done, and keep it up!

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

As pumeco said: depends upon the decade and ... personal taste, not everybody loves bones with some covering skin ;)

She is a real woman, a woman has curves!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

pumeco said:

You should be congratulated on being able to make a 3D woman look sexy without being vulgar. Not enough artists seem to be capable of doing that, but you are. To me, this image is infinitely more sexy than the previous render where she's practically naked, and either an artist knows how to pull that off, or they don't.

Well done, and keep it up!Here here. I personally don't go for the type of images at the top of the page but I do like your character.

As pumeco said: depends upon the decade and ... personal taste, not everybody loves bones with some covering skin ;)

She is a real woman, a woman has curves!

I like curves......and a bit of meat. LOL
    edited December 1969

thank you all for your comments...and now....a whole different scene and theme...

it`s human nature...

human_nature_2012_wn.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 156K
    edited December 1969

Oh yeah very thought provoking cosmo, perfect.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Oh yeah very thought provoking cosmo, perfect.

thank you mr. szark :)

how are you?

edited December 1969

Not bad these days cosmo thanks for asking. How's things with you?

Been having some serious computer related issues recently. But I am slowly getting back in to things. Haven't rendered anything for a while. Having to go back to DS3A for biggish scenes as DS4.5.1.6 won't play nice on my system. Just did a fresh OS install, found a corrupted RAM module but still DS4.5 doesn't want to know. Small simple scenes are ok...sometimes. :)

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Not bad these days cosmo thanks for asking. How's things with you?

Been having some serious computer related issues recently. But I am slowly getting back in to things. Haven't rendered anything for a while. Having to go back to DS3A for biggish scenes as DS4.5.1.6 won't play nice on my system. Just did a fresh OS install, found a corrupted RAM module but still DS4.5 doesn't want to know. Small simple scenes are ok...sometimes. :)

everything fine so far :) soon I have some freetime :)

well I allways do little scenes :) and get used to ds4.5 and have to say the more I work with it the more I like it :) just because it is 64bit :)

edited December 1969

the hippy chick :)

the_hippy_chick_2012_wn.jpg
    900 x 1700 - 196K
    edited December 1969

Dixie and one of her cars :)

DX_and_the_beetle_2.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 312K
    edited November 2012

first shoot of a new bad guy...a man you do not want to have in your neighborhood :)

in the next renders he got hair :)

the_maniac_butcher.jpg
    1100 x 1700 - 317K
    edited December 1969

an updated version of my Character Dixie Minx :) she got a little face and body lift, she was shopping and got some rings + some texture fixing by me on the JeanZ for V4, the dirt is old but the belt and the buckle texture is new :) hope you like it, let me know :)

Dixie_Minx_update.jpg
    900 x 1600 - 166K
    edited December 2012

just for the records:

I have enough of this shit with lost deltas in DS4.5 so I go back to DS3 and next time a Poser version is offered I will spend some money and buy it and probably leave DS

I don`t work with genesis, I don`t need genesis and if the software do not work with the figure I use and the characters I have created then I will kick the software not my characters.

Sorry Daz but I have no fun any more, was a good time but no longer so it seems

edited December 2012

Dixie is DEAD

killed by a unknown disease called DUF

maybe I can reawke her like she was

edited December 1969

Sorry to hear this, Cosmo, what exactly has happened?

edited December 1969

well, she is not really dead, but at this time I am a bit frustrated about ds4.5 because...read this thread, there is the story:

BIG ERROR on Deltas Morphs++ in DS4.5

I have contacted the technical support team but until now there seems to be no solution for this problem.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I think your wrong, but we each think different things are wrong. I think the Third Party morphs just are not added to the figure properly. DS3 does not care as much as DS4.5. I have seen some nice figures transferred from V4 to Genesis with GenX.

I'm not trying to make you mad but many people need help to use GenX the right why. I'll never try. I'll just make new characters from the genesis only stuff. I still like Dixie and Really hope you get it done one day.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I think your wrong, but we each think different things are wrong. I think the Third Party morphs just are not added to the figure properly. DS3 does not care as much as DS4.5. I have seen some nice figures transferred from V4 to Genesis with GenX.

I'm not trying to make you mad but many people need help to use GenX the right why. I'll never try. I'll just make new characters from the genesis only stuff. I still like Dixie and Really hope you get it done one day.

the wwg2 has no morphs (except morphs for genitals), you have to inject the v4 base morphs. morphs++ and elite and then it is a v4 but with "real" genitals.

So the error also happens with just injecting the standard v4 morphs (base,morphs++ and elite)

you can create one figure save it as a scene and it works

you can create a second figure save it as another scene and it works#

but then the first scene doesn`t work anymore (until you inject the v4 morphs new and save the file but then the second file doesn`t work anymore until...)

when you load a scene that doesn`t work you get a notice that deltas are missing and pathes of files can`t be found and you get the notice of the pathnames and now, if you open your explore and have a look at the pathes that can`t be found, the exact pathes of the files are there. the files have exactly the same pathes ds4.5 is looking for but can not find.

so tell me what that error causes?

someone from the technical support teams has written that it probably can be how ds4.5 saves files (the duf formate)

and I think that, too I think a duf formate has two parts of informations, one genrell and one specific for values and images and I think the generell part is the problem because also the figure that doesn`t work because of the missing deltas have the correct values and after injecting the morphs new the figure looks like allways without doing anything else.

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Well, there must be something else.

I've also a character done and saved as a (DUF-)Scene, did several modifications at it and saved every new version as a new (DUF-)Scene and all of these as Scene saved characters still work.

When I am back at home I'll give it a try with a new character, to see if I can track it down here - maybee finding out where the exact problem is.

(As you may know I am only working with DS4.5 and saving everything as DUF - until now I haven't had any problems with it.)

edited December 1969

I haven't a clue about half of that stuff, I actually thought you'd misspelled "DUFF" :cheese:

I thought you were complaining the software was faulty and that the "DISEASE CALLED DUF " was a wisecrack. But anyway, I sympathise with you losing stuff due to program error. I feel exactly the same way about Genesis, it won't force me to use DS. DS is missing vital things for figure work, that being Dynamic Hair and Dynamic Cloth where we can actually "Clothify" our own clothes, and even basics like a Walk Designer - all three are missing.

Even though Genesis is a great piece of work, DAZ already had the best selling figure on the planet when they released it, and it totally bewilders me why they put money into Genesis (another figure) instead of catching up to Poser in areas where Poser is king. I mean even something as old as the Walk Designer in Poser is indication of how important such features are in "Figure-orientated" programs.

I supported DS where I could, but I only bought the muscle morphs and base morphs as a thank you for giving me DS Pro. There's nothing at all that makes me want to actually use the program. It's still far too limited in the areas a "figure" program really ought not to be. If DAZ want to compete with Poser, I hope someday they'll realise this.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear Dixie isn't dead, it's pretty obvious to anyone that you're passionate about it and you really put the time in. When you get her working again, I've found that link I told you about way back in the thread. A website that has clothes from various decades and is ideal for reference use.

edited December 1969

pumeco said:
    I haven't a clue about half of that stuff, I actually thought you'd misspelled "DUFF" :cheese:

I thought you were complaining the software was faulty and that the "DISEASE CALLED DUF " was a wisecrack. But anyway, I sympathise with you losing stuff due to program error. I feel exactly the same way about Genesis, it won't force me to use DS. DS is missing vital things for figure work, that being Dynamic Hair and Dynamic Cloth where we can actually "Clothify" our own clothes, and even basics like a Walk Designer - all three are missing.

Even though Genesis is a great piece of work, DAZ already had the best selling figure on the planet when they released it, and it totally bewilders me why they put money into Genesis (another figure) instead of catching up to Poser in areas where Poser is king. I mean even something as old as the Walk Designer in Poser is indication of how important such features are in "Figure-orientated" programs.

I supported DS where I could, but I only bought the muscle morphs and base morphs as a thank you for giving me DS Pro. There's nothing at all that makes me want to actually use the program. It's still far too limited in the areas a "figure" program really ought not to be. If DAZ want to compete with Poser, I hope someday they'll realise this.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear Dixie isn't dead, it's pretty obvious to anyone that you're passionate about it and you really put the time in. When you get her working again, I've found that link I told you about way back in the thread. A website that has clothes from various decades and is ideal for reference use.

Most of that what you have written I would sign. They should have put more brain into new software features than into a new figure. V4.2 was AND ALREADY IS one really good figure.

- collision detection
    - gravity
    - more invention on light
    - other primitve figures with more options of creating probs for example
    - a magnet for meshareas means if you inject a ring as a piercing for the nose for example you allways have to fix it due to the expression, so a meshpoint or texture area magnet something like that, that would be great

and much more, that would be much better than a new figure.

edited December 1969

sedor said:
    Well, there must be something else.

I've also a character done and saved as a (DUF-)Scene, did several modifications at it and saved every new version as a new (DUF-)Scene and all of these as Scene saved characters still work.

When I am back at home I'll give it a try with a new character, to see if I can track it down here - maybee finding out where the exact problem is.

(As you may know I am only working with DS4.5 and saving everything as DUF - until now I haven't had any problems with it.)

what are you using, genesis or v4.2 and if v4.2 the original or a figure like wwg2?