The Complaint Thread - The Final Countdown

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

No moon here tonight, or visible stars in the sky. There is an eclipse on Wednesday during the day, further north around Cairns they will get two sunrises. But right now is inky dark and quiet and warm in our backyard. I'm siting outside trying to spot a couple of owls that have been hanging around. They have big baleful amber eyes, they are called Powerful Owls and look it, stone predators. Does the auto complete on yr phone drive you crazy? Mine does heh :)

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    No moon here tonight, or visible stars in the sky. There is an eclipse on Wednesday during the day, further north around Cairns they will get two sunrises. But right now is inky dark and quiet and warm in our backyard. I'm siting outside trying to spot a couple of owls that have been hanging around. They have big baleful amber eyes, they are called Powerful Owls and look it, stone predators. Does the auto complete on yr phone drive you crazy? Mine does heh :)

What time is the eclipse ?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited November 2012

Why do lots of sci fi space shows and movies have military or trained armed men.

Maybe sci-fi writers envision a future that is completely militarized ???

My b/f has just informed me that over the past year, I've become a little bit mean....lol

Is that right? Have I gotten mean?

????
    Depends. 'Ave you been playing zee 'ow you say "hard to get"?

wallpapers_pepe-le-pew_04_1024.jpg
    800 x 600 - 98K
    Post edited by TJohn on
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    ps1borg said:

What time is the eclipse ?

From 0600 I think, Cairns time, GMT+10. Total eclipse around 6:30. Ah 0639 this website is saying:

http://www.eclipsecairns.com/

edited December 1969

Yeah I +10 I am half between melbs and Sydney :) ill be lookin forward to it I not seen one before. (I do know not too look directly of course)

edited December 1969

I wonder why doesn't any space ships in Sci fi have seat belts.

I am trying to decide what I want to drink.

If they had seat belts on the Enterprise, then everyone couldn't run to the left and back to the right while the cameraman tilts the camera. ;-)
    edited December 1969

Futurama space ship has seatbelts and Star Wars ships have seatbelts too

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited November 2012

Considering how often the control panels explode or go up in flames, I wouldn't wear a seat belt either. The main thing is to make sure you aren't wearing a red shirt.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

Red shirt in first five minutes of episode = dead meat. :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

But Scotty seems to be an exception.

Or is he like that late night cartoon where one kid keeps dieing every episode. I never seen that show which is why I cannot remember anything about it. I just heard of the meme.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited December 1969

ok then, I shall SPAM this thread too

C'mon you lot get off your asses (donkeys, mules, burros etc) and do a STUPID ANIMATION
    using lipsync
    too hard??
    ;-P NOT!!!!!! %-P
    goto this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/11328/
    I AM TRYING SPOON FEEDING
    oped wide, the little aeroplane is flying in the hangar
    ask me ANY QUESTIONS none are stupid
    not trying is.

and that means you too Miss Bad Wolf, you do not have to spend a cent, you have enough in your runtime already and time to do it.
    I want to see some animated renders people, get your Daz people talking!!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Goood Moornin

making cheesilicious rice casserole. torn on the broccoli. don't really wants it, but otherwise it's just a bowl of carbs.

finished running the exe installers. next todos is the zips and convert promos to 200px pngs.

iz in the 60'sFahrenheits , thinking of opening the windows and wearing a big sweater.

hot coffee and sara lee cheesecake for breakfast :)
    cheese and crackers for or-derbs later.
    cheeses were in the fridge from the outage week, but looks to be safe to eat.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Why do lots of sci fi space shows and movies have military or trained armed men.

My b/f has just informed me that over the past year, I've become a little bit mean....lol

????

lol luvs Pepe, the eternal optimist

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

owl mail delivery?

hoot hoot

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Complaint. Work is boring. I am sitting alone in a dark carpark guarding 6 cars at the uni! No people. No hot chicks. No drunks. No walkers. Even the cats aren't around. Me so bored and wish to create something. I could build a raft out of sticks. But there is no water here an little light :(

a few strands of christmas lights might cheer the place up

edited December 1969

Wud be nice! ATM all there is a few street lights and many blown lights. There are lots of rabbits and hairs and sometimes you see the local fox but she not been seen today. Man Sunday night can be a drag.

edited December 1969

the morning after, ohmegosh. just looked at my visagc balance. half of it was supposed to pay my website bill, doh, i spent it.

will Cookie and Peaches be happy without Chip and Pickles?

no one's started a new for luv of Nursoda render thread yet. or a cat girl render thread. i guess redfern didn't stay around?

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Remember to pin a poppy on your lapel today
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH6drNzNu7c

I haven't seen anyone selling poppies in years. I used to always buy one for me and one for each of my kids.

edited December 1969

rice casserole needs another half hour in the oven. hungreee

sigh, those dinoraul trees are outside of my budget.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

But Scotty seems to be an exception.

Or is he like that late night cartoon where one kid keeps dieing every episode. I never seen that show which is why I cannot remember anything about it. I just heard of the meme.
    I should have said "New" red shirt. :lol:

edited December 1969

M F M said:
    ps1borg said:

Totally taking the day off here :)

is this the Prometheus you mention sometimes?

http://www.amazon.com/Prometheus-Noomi-Rapace/dp/B005LAIHXQ

Oh cool, it's out - I'll have to go get it next weekend - ty for the heads up ^_^.

it looks interesting. :)

edited December 1969

what do you think of the Heroes tv show? is there any substance to the story line?

edited December 1969

what do you think of the Heroes tv show? is there any substance to the story line?

I like Peter. No one would ever guess the other guy I like. Started out as a bad guy but so sexy. GabrielGray/Sylar. Zach Qunito is so hot.

edited December 1969

Did you ask if there were any sexy men in Heroes?

When it was first on, I was confused about the ads. Once I found out a bit more I decided to watch it and loved it. I already said the the top two male characters I like (their looks of)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Rendering animations takes WAY to long. This has been a complaint....

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited November 2012

M F M said:
    Hiya Jas (^_^)n... got anything cooking? (in the render oven :P). I got distracted by Szark's render thread... then over to dA and Pitoxlon's pictures... then back here to discuss seatbelts vs harnesses -- so much for productivity on a warm Sunday afternoon ~_~.

EDIT: Heheh... cross-posted X)... nini! (^_^)/

Not currently, actually....but I have one cookin' in my head that gives me giggles...lol
    And productivity is overrated...I wouldn't sweat it! LOL Good to catch you! :)

Kyoto Kid said:
    tjohn said:
    Non-complaint:

YAY!! I'm in, I'm in!!!! :) :) :)

I've not been able to get in all day!
    Hooray for Jas!

Hooray!!!! :) LOL... Hiya tjohn! :) Who else made it in?

...present.

Hiya KK! :)

????

LOL.... no.... I wasn't resisting his charms...
    I was actually complaining about someone we know who i think is just stupid.

OK... let me explain my definition of stupid before someone gets offended... :)
    First, what stupid is NOT: Stupid is not being unable to find the right answer(everyone fails to figure things out sometimes)... nor is it Stupid to get the answer wrong. (everyone is wrong once in awhile) Stupid is not a person who struggles to find the answer (everyone struggles with things that are challenging or new to them)

Stupid is the person who doesn't even try to think at all. My definition of stupid: Actions that would require one to think but no thinking was exercised. Yes, I admit to being stupid from time to time, myself....but I find I have very little patience for it in anyone else...lol

Example and complaint: Today... I went to the drugstore just down the street... to buy 6-packs of cola that were on sale. My b/f and I walked down because it was close by and it is kind of a nice day. OK... we get in there... grabbed 4 cases of cola (these are 6packs of very large 710mL bottles, shrinked wrapped with no carrying handle), take it to the counter, get everything tallied and I ask the teller, "Can I have the soda put in bags, please? We are carrying them home."

Her reply: "Will 2 in one bag be too much?"

OK..Stupid.

That's just stupid. She obviously didn't even think about what I had just said to her.

OK... back to the original story... about why I was called mean...lol

Anyway.... I was bitching about someone we know being just stupid (similar to the teller, there) and my b/f said to me, "You're getting a little bit mean lately..."

I said, "mean?"

He said, "Yeah, a little bit... just lately, like this last year... a little bit...."

So... it got me thinking and wondering if it was true! ...LOL That's all...

btw.... PePe is adorable!! I love PePe!! :)

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited November 2012

...I would say assertive rather than mean.

-----

...sometimes though more "convincing" measures are required.

The other week I went "John Cleese" on my Digital print manager because I had enough of being left to flounder around with literally no training in whatever (read what few) procedures the department has while being in a position of "important" responsibility. Basically I told him was brought in mainly to clean up and streamline the accounting/billing process, but then began to have them dump other duties on me (in addition to still having to manage the company's primary client's account as I have been doing for years, and somehow accomplish everything in an 8 hr workday).

Well enough became enough as I was under the an extreme deadline to close this client's monthly billing (while being deathly ill to boot) as the company was gearing up for the annual inventory audit. Of course this means I got tonnes of interruptions, including one from the DP manager who with his wonderful knack of "bad timing", wanted to sit and have discussion about matters at the worst possible time. That is when I went into a rant that Mr. Cleese would have been proud of. I knew two things could come out of it, I could either be sacked or maybe, just maybe, I might get my point across about what I have been dealing with.

He finally admitted to me that he and the department dropped the ball on properly training me and left me alone for the rest of the day.

Apparently I am not the only person in the company who is displeased with how the department is being handled for last Wednesday my primary boss sent me home early when she saw just how bad of shape I was in. Well that afternoon after I left, there was a rush custom print job for the client I mange that needed to be set up. When I returned the next day there was an email from the CSR (who handles the sales responsibility for this client) addressed to the department manager which expressed extreme displeasure in the fact that nobody else in the department was crosstrained to handle my responsibilities should I be sick or on vacation.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited November 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...I would say assertive rather than mean.

A truly honest response!! (That's one of the reasons why I wuv ya, KK! :) )Thank you for not just reassuring me that I'm sweet as syrup...lol!

-----

...sometimes though more "convincing" measures are required.

The other week I went "John Cleese" on my Digital print manager because I had enough of being left to flounder around with literally no training in whatever (read what few) procedures the department has while being in a position of "important" responsibility. Basically I told him was brought in mainly to clean up and streamline the accounting/billing process, but then began to have them dump other duties on me (in addition to still having to manage the company's primary client's account as I have been doing for years, and somehow accomplish everything in an 8 hr workday).

Well enough became enough as I was under the an extreme deadline to close this client's monthly billing (while being deathly ill to boot) as the company was gearing up for the annual inventory audit. Of course this means I got tonnes of interruptions, including one from the DP manager who with his wonderful knack of "bad timing", wanted to sit and have discussion about matters at the worst possible time. That is when I went into a rant that Mr. Cleese would have been proud of. I knew two things could come out of it, I could either be sacked or maybe, just maybe, I might get my point across about what I have been dealing with.

He finally admitted to me that he and the department dropped the ball on properly training me and left me alone for the rest of the day.

Apparently I am not the only person in the company who is displeased with how the department is being handled for last Wednesday my primary boss sent me home early when she saw just how bad of shape I was in. Well that afternoon after I left, there was a rush custom print job for the client I mange that needed to be set up. When I returned the next day there was an email from the CSR (who handles the sales responsibility for this client) addressed to the department manager which expressed extreme displeasure in the fact that nobody else in the department was crosstrained to handle my responsibilities should I be sick or on vacation.

And.... YAY!! for small victories! :) (Sorry for the rough week, though) Hopefully they'll get some help in there for you really soon.

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
    edited December 1969

Morning. Windy. Humid. Grey day. Busy. Bleh. And why does this cab feel like it has square tyres? Haz only complaints today so far :)

edited December 1969

@Jaz not mean no way sweetie !

This discussion has been closed.