Breast Large VS Breast Size

DarkElfDarkElf Posts: 289
edited November 2012 in The Commons

Hello.

Is there anyone out there that could explain the difference between the Breast Large and the Breast Size morphs for V4? I have played with these dials in Poser for YEARS and have never seen a difference. They SEEM to do the same thing.
If there IS a difference I would love to know what it is because it just might help me when it comes to fitting clothing properly to V4's boobs. ; )

Thanks for any help.

Post edited by DarkElf on

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

I know one difference. One is for Size and one is for Large :P

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

I see a difference

V4-Breasts.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 139K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

for clarity, yoo could rename it the kowabunga dial? teehee

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

All that matters is that you get the look you after lmao

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,548
    edited December 1969

Breast size can also go in reverse ... So you can change the breasts to be smaller.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

and don't forget to hook up the doll....

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited December 1969

Breast size can also go in reverse ... So you can change the breasts to be smaller.

...but with the V4 Morphs++, only so far (I think around -.2 to -.3) before the mesh begins to collapse and distort. For really petite breasts without distortion, one needs either one of Thorne/Sarsa's characters or the Steph4 NPMs.
  • DarkElfDarkElf Posts: 289
    edited November 2012

OK. For those of you who are seriously try to help ... thank you.

I guess what I am really asking is: In what way do these two differ? Yes, I know you can go in reverse with one of them and yes, one makes them bigger than the other, but, in what way do the two differ when trying to get conforming clothing to fit V4's breasts?
    Example: Say you're trying to get an article of lingerie to fit V4's boobs more snugly without any poke-through or large air gaps between her and the lingerie.
    If I use the "large" morph to make the cups bigger, that helps fix poke-through on the sides of the breasts but now the front of the cup protrudes WAY out, leaving an air-gap. The same seems to happen when adjusting the "size" morph.

I see a subtle difference in the breast shape in the image LycanthropeX uploaded above, but mainly in size of the breasts. The shape (thickness, width, height) basically all look the same. Just the distance between the left and right breast appears different. So, these morphs do not seem to help when using them in an article of clothing to get it to fit V4's bust more snugly without poke-through.

Oh, BTW, I have tried magnets MANY times with very minimal results. Perhaps I am not using them correctly. If anyone can suggest a good place to get a tutorial on using magnets, I would be MOST appreciative.

Post edited by DarkElf on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563
    edited December 1969

Since your question is based on getting clothing to fit correctly around the breasts, here is what i do.

Best way to get clothes to fit in DS4.5, is create the shape "you" want, then load all the clothing you want and then select V4, go to EDIT > FIGURE > transfer active morphs and in most cases your clothes fit perfectly. If you get a little pokethru, just apply a smoothing modifier to the clothing with V4 as the collision object and it usually fixes it right up.

In poser, what i do is create the figure shape i want, then using the free script from Dimension3D, I create a FBM and save it as a figure. Then I use Morphing clothes and load the saved figure with the FBM and add it to any clothing i want and I get a perfect fit nearly every time.
    This way you don't have to try so hard to get clothes to fit and can worry about more important things in your scenes, like lighting and such.

• rf2016rf2016 Posts: 186
    edited August 2013

In poser, what i do is create the figure shape i want, then using the free script from Dimension3D, I create a FBM and save it as a figure. Then I use Morphing clothes and load the saved figure with the FBM and add it to any clothing i want and I get a perfect fit nearly every time.
    This way you don't have to try so hard to get clothes to fit and can worry about more important things in your scenes, like lighting and such.

That sounds interesting. Please What's the name of D3D phyton script that you use?

Post edited by rf2016 on
  • CMacksCMacks Posts: 202
    edited December 1969

Since your question is based on getting clothing to fit correctly around the breasts, here is what i do.

Best way to get clothes to fit in DS4.5, is create the shape "you" want, then load all the clothing you want and then select V4, go to EDIT > FIGURE > transfer active morphs and in most cases your clothes fit perfectly. If you get a little pokethru, just apply a smoothing modifier to the clothing with V4 as the collision object and it usually fixes it right up.

Why is it that transfer active morphs sometimes works great (with V4) and sometimes doesn't seem to do anything?