Using Ksenia for v4 with Genesis

KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I installed the V4 and M4 shapes for Genesis, now I have installed Ksenia for V4. So load genesis dial up V4 then try to load the files for \Ksenia, but I get an error message that studio can't find the files. What am I doing wrong

kharma

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

V4 and M4 morphs will not work on Genesis, it is a different mesh. You will need GenX to transfer them.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

I did get the mats to work tho, and yes the files it couldn't find seemed to be morphs. I haven't purchased the GenX yet. I just moved the sliders and created my own face and body. Now how do I save my settings so I could reapply them later and get the same character I created?

Kharma

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

I prefer to save my creations as Scene Subsets.

• PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 450
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    I did get the mats to work tho, and yes the files it couldn't find seemed to be morphs. I haven't purchased the GenX yet. I just moved the sliders and created my own face and body. Now how do I save my settings so I could reapply them later and get the same character I created?

Kharma

With your character selected go to Edit - Save as - Character preset.

edited November 2012

Ok so I did save the character I made but I have another questi0n...If you can apply the V4 mats for Ksenia to Genesis and just use the morphs for Genesis to create a new figure what is the purpose of purchasing GenX to get the V4 morphs? I can already use the Genesis morphs, is thee another advantage I am missing? And also I don't have Michael 4 yet, do I need to purchase him if I have the M4 shapes for Genesis?

Kharma

Post edited by Kharma on
  • Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

If you can recreate the character with using Genesis morphs, you are probably better off doing that. However, many of the morphs are not necessarily re-creatable using Genesis morphs. Also, some people don't have the skill or perhaps the interest in morphing a character themselves.

edited November 2012

I know the character I created doesn't look exactly the same as Ksenia but she looked pretty cute and it was fun learning to make a character and using the multitude of morphs that were there. But I guess if I want the exact character I would have to load the GenX? How does the GenX work...is there a tutorial showing how to import the morphs for V4 ? Also is that with all characters that the mats will work on Genesis but not morphs?

Kharma

Post edited by Kharma on