Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

Welcome, Jaina :cheese:

Your background should be helpful because this stuff wasn't even around when I wasn't in High School nor College, which was in the last century :lol:

Having fun is the way to do it; I played around with the software and assets for ages before introducing myself ;-P

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Welcome. We do have a New Users Help Forum, so any probelms you find, any questions you want to ask, pop in there and ask away, we are only too happy to help where we can.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Welcome Jaina

Lots to learn, but plenty of help in the New Users Forum.

See you soon :)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

Welcome to the forums Jaina

• jaina.clan.solojaina.clan.solo Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I was looking through some of the WIP contest threads last night, definitely looking forward to getting myself to the point where I'm ready to try some of those out.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

When you need help with something visit us folks in the New Users Forum. All help all the time.

• Jade ChengJade Cheng Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

WELCOME!!! :lol:

I'm Jade Cheng (aka the jadeprincess) and have used Daz for a while... but never bothered to come here until I had some problems. Read my posts and help me out... im quite a noob at this.

Being 16 and still in high school does not mean that I can't compete with the adults here. I learn QUICK!

Just wondering, but where's the official DAZ Studio instruction manual? :down:

• edited December 1969

welcome -- i am always late lol

edited December 1969

Hmm.. Welcome, been off line watching football but I will look for your help threads and do my best.

But really Welcome and have fun, I do.

edited December 1969

Welcome to the forums Jade and Chrislenn. Be sure to check out the New Users forums.

• hellepodhellepod Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hey guys, Im Helle (Helen) and im only just starting out with Daz and happy to make new friends and tips/advice :coolsmile:

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Welcome to you latest addiction Helen. :-)

edited December 1969

Welcome Helen, enjoy the madness.

• hellepodhellepod Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks guys! :cheese:

• IlenaIlena Posts: 280
    edited December 1969

Welcome to all new comers. And hello Helen. How are you doing with the program?

• edited December 1969

Hello everyone i have been using daz for a month or so and am finally getting the basics down.... although i could have done it faster if life didn't get in the way

edited December 1969

Welcome to the DAZ forums, and welcome to your latest addiction, as it WILL become an addiciton. ;-)

• jessica.swingsonjessica.swingson Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the Daz forum. Years ago I was heavily into graphic design using programs like Vue Infinite, Bryce and Poser but then I had kids and became a stay at home Mom and that sorta took over any free time I had. Now my twin girls are in school full-time and I'd like to get back into it. I'm just not entirely sure where to start. I found this forum while searching for Bryce again. Boy have things sure changed...lol.

I would like to create characters and then build environments around them. I plan to do a ton of reading and a lot of experimenting. I just wanted to say hi to all you folks. :-)

Jessica

edited December 1969

HI, and welcome. Thrice welcome if you are going to use Bryce again. The latest version, which you can curretntly purchase for 100% discount here http://www.daz3d.com/shop/software/bryce has some really cool new features, and we have a thriving Bryce community here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/38/ with members who are very helpful.

We also have the New Users Forum, where you can find help on all sorts of things http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/97/

edited December 1969

Welcome to the DAZ forums Jessica, and welcome back to 3D graphics. :-)

• sralosangelessralosangeles Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Please forgive me if this is posted somewhere, but there is so much in here to navigate. I guess this would be one way to introduce myself! I'm trying to create an image for my online book cover, but can't figure out how to get the software to work. So confusing. Is there a way to give someone specs (paid for, of course) to put together the artwork? If not, I'll just trudge along and see if I can eventually figure this out. Thanks - Susan

edited December 1969

Actually your best bet is to toddle along to the New Users Help Forum, where there are people waiting to help you get to grips with the software.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/97/

Much more fun to do it yourself than to pay the sort of money you would have to pay for a commisioned book cover artwork

Another idea is to pop over the the Art Studio, and run a contest, with prizes, so you could get more than one option, and see the sort of work others produce. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/2/

edited December 1969

Welcome to the DAZ forums Susan. Be sure and post your book cover once you get it done, as I'm sure we'd all like to see it. ;-)

edited December 1969

Welcome Susan. Take a deep breath and relax. Not a one of us got this when we started. This is a nice friendly place and we will all help you learn as you go. We will help you get it all working if you can't. We will gladly join a contest and do covers if that is what you decide to do. By We I'm talking about the other users here who all want to see you enjoy 3D Art as much as we do.

See you in the Forums. Have fun, I do.

• scott.rafferty11scott.rafferty11 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi there,

My names Scott, I recently found out about Bryce through a blog I read online. that has been about a month now and I haven't stopped using it.

It is so simple to use yet it can provide great depth and feel to a scene. I just open the software and let my imagination take over ( although it can sometimes be a bit too weird lol).

Anyway I shall be on this forum from time to time and will be posting some of my images and I will take in any criticism.

Thanks and I hope to be speaking to you all very soon!
    :-)

edited December 1969

Welcome to the forums Scott. If you have any questions please feel free to go to the New User's forum and ask away. You may also want to visit the Bryce forum to get your app specific questions answered.

edited December 1969

Yes please do come and visit us in the Bryce forum, we are mostly all very friendly, and love to welcome and help New Users

Bryce Forum

• GeroblueJimGeroblueJim Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

Hello. My name is Jim, or Gerobluejim. I'm going to try and get back here and learn Bryce and DAZ 3D.

I have upgraded my video card slightly to 512 meg. I'll be installing a GeForce 210 1 gig card this weekend. Maybe next year I'll build a better computer with a bigger PSU in it so it can support a better video card. The 220 watt power supply in this one probably doesn't do these new video cards justice.

As for music, I've been on youtube looking and listening to Night Flight, 1960s and 1940s music. Along with several Anime amvs: Ghost in the Shell, Black Lagoon, and Bleach. I think I prefer parts of Bleach. Been playing lots of Everquest.

And so far I like the new forums.

edit: I should probably put what I want to eventually learn to do. Castles and starships, villages, and associated items and people. Eventually. Of course, I have to learn how to use the software first.

Post edited by GeroblueJim on
  • Korvis BlackKorvis Black Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Howdy all!

I'm Steve from Ottawa, Canada. Been using D|S first as a tool to help a client who sent me some totally ugly 3D models that they wanted to have 3D printed, but once I accomplished my task for my client, my employer suggested that I explore my artistic side. As I told my boss, I am not an artist. A few months ago, someone at the Royal Canadian Mint saw my website and asked me to come in for a job competition. I didn't get the job - they were looking for ZBrush artists - but this has spurred me on to develop whatever talent I may have.

I am into just about any type of subject matter - fantasy and science fiction, Steampunk, historical, contemporary, horror, Anime - just about anything can be appealing. I wish I could find other D|S users in Ottawa, as there is a local geek/artist group called Artengine, and I am sure we could form a subgroup of this fledgling movement.

You can check out my site at www . 3DArtwork . ca (without spaces of course).

Now I just gotta get me a faster 'puter - the i7 875K is just a bit slow on the rendering!

• mortensondanmortensondan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hey there, my name is Dan. I am an artist of very limited experience, foolishly posting on an expert board... I have just heard of DAZ, and have just downloaded the free Beta. Looking at content, though, I'm flummoxed by the abbreviated info presented in the "people" product names, and I wonder if anyone can help me with that (like: where to go for that info).

Is Genesis just a body product, or an entire plug-in, or something else entirely? Does it jive with Poser, as well as DAZ 3D? etc...

Any directions will be welcome. Thanks!