Daz 4 to Bryce

STKyddSTKydd Posts: 59
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Everytime i try to use the bridge between Daz 4 and Bryce 7.1, Daz 4 crashes, also when i save the model as an object file and import into Bryce the eyelashes basicaly turn into big black circles around the eyes, any sugestions ?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

The eyelashes, you need to find the mesh for the eye lashes, and the apply the lash transparency in the DTE.using the picture editor and blend transparency.

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited December 1969

Confirmed bug with the D|S to Bryce bridge (Mac and PC:
    https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=46854

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,833
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    The eyelashes, you need to find the mesh for the eye lashes, and the apply the lash transparency in the DTE.using the picture editor and blend transparency.

Thanks for the tips. I have finally succeded to render Genesis character in the Bryce,
    that does not look strange due to lack of lashes and eyes transparency not properly transferred
    via .obj from Daz Studio 4 Pro.
    AidenMix42sc02pic04x800.jpg
    571 x 800 - 158K
    edited June 2012

Bryce veterans knows how to fix transparency in Bryce for the characters transferred
    via .obj from Daz Studio, but for the rest of us...
    Below is a quick how to fix eyelashes transparency in the Bryce.
    1. Find in the transferred meshes the eyelashes (on mine transfer it was the second mesh)
    and click on M to edit their material.

LashesMesh.jpg
    473 x 710 - 231K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 1969

Click on the Texture Source Editor in the right upper corner.

LashesMat.jpg
    631 x 502 - 138K
    edited June 2012

And finally click on the 'copy' on the left upper rectangle with lashes image in it and then
    click on the 'paste' in the upper middle rectangle image (paste into selected alpha image).
    Accept the changes and render.

LashesAlpha.jpg
    622 x 469 - 167K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • STKyddSTKydd Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

Thanks everyone, the tips worked great, now my models do not look like they got beat up =)

edited December 1969

Without the transparency fix changes the render looks like the one below.

AidenMix42sc01pic02x800.jpg
    571 x 800 - 120K
    edited June 2012

I have tried to improve shadows by using True Ambience in the 'Render Options',
    but the render time was over 60 times longer than without it.
    Are there any other methods to improve a quality of the render without so much increasing
    of the rendering time?
    The render and its 'Render Options' are below.

AidenMix42sc02pic06RenderSettings.jpg
    662 x 348 - 93K
    AidenMix42sc02pic06x800.jpg
    571 x 800 - 185K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,119
    edited June 2012

@Artini - you may also want to check that Blend Transparency in the Material Options is ticked (see picture). This is usually the case if you have picture textures but seldom if you use procedurals. If it is not checked, transparency may not give you the result you expect.

TA renders are notoriously very long winded and produce noise also with the highest setting. You can check if it is worth the wait by rendering with a low rays per pixel setting - 4 or 9. The noise will be very prominent but you can judge how the light looks.

There is no true alternative to TA but using a light dome or IBL will often give you very pleasing results. If the Bryce sun is used as main light source, you can disable shadow casting for IBL and speed up the render considerably.

MatOpt.jpg
    635 x 504 - 71K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited June 2012

Thanks a lot for these great tips, Horo. I will try them soon.
    Right now I am rendering another scene with the 'True Ambience' checked in the render options.
    I was also surprised how well the Aiden materials for Michael 5 were transferred to the Bryce.

Post edited by Artini on
  • STKyddSTKydd Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

Thanks for step by step Artini, images help a lot, Thanks Horo

edited December 1969

You're welcome, dragonsbain. And great, that you started this thread. It has helped me a lot.
    I have stacked with the problem of the lack of transparency with Daz Studio exported characters
    for quite a long time, so I am happy that it is easy to fix it.

edited December 1969

Here is another render of Michael 5 with Aiden materials wearing a Supersuit.

AidenMix43sc01pic08x800.jpg
    571 x 800 - 206K