using d-formers for pokethrough issues

waningmoonwaningmoon Posts: 30
edited December 1969 in New Users

hello,

are there any detailed tutorials or videos that i can be pointed to in using d-formers to fix poekthrough issues?

i have kind of fell back into rendering again, so i'm not current on rendering beyond the old install of 2.3.3.163 at the moment. i will likely be updating soon, but kind of want to get my "chops" back with basic rendering with 3Delight first.

thanks in advance,
waningmoon

PS: not so much a "new" user as one reborn.

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969
  • waningmoonwaningmoon Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

i had already collected that in my search on the subject, but it just glosses over the details. thanks anyhow.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I saw this same question on Dreamlight and I was waiting until you answered robert so I will ask here.

What information exactly are you after? That video link I supplied I watched to see if it gave the info on how to use the D-form tool so I am at a loss to what you want to know.

Why still Daz Studio 2?

Daz Studio 4.5 has so much more functionality to deal with poke through that I don't need any other plug-ins or products to fix poke through. Autofit, Transfer Active Morphs (similair to Morph Follower in DS3) and Collision Modifier and the Pro version is Free. Great word that, Free. :)

• waningmoonwaningmoon Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

i would be looking for specifics on "pulling" a clothing mesh clean from the figure mesh, or the inverse, say pushing some hosiery back through the surface of a shoe.

daz studio 2 for now, as it is an old install, i got it to work. i am running myself a "refresher" course of techniques that i have forgotten since i was last actively rendering. i would also gain more understanding using d-formers for custom body shaping in the future. i understand that studio 4.5 has many improvements, however i would prefer to get back up to speed with the classic interface before wrestling with a new gui.

it was my understanding that some things broke between various major versions of studio. so the plan is to load old scenes, that i want to "step up" through ds 2, then 3, then finally end up in 4.5.

regards,
    waningmoon