Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?

Comments

• edited December 1969

Just started using 3d studio a couple days ago and came up with this render of the Dark Phoenix. It is a work in progress, I will probably change to lighting and put a texture on the skin. I used the Victoria 4 model for the body, the A3 Mitsu hair, a sash that came with the program when I down loaded it and some boots I found for free on the internet. I pasted the phoenix logo on her chest in Photoshop and scaled and warped it to fit. For her costume I changed her skin color. If any one has any advice or tutorials on how to make clothes I would appreciate it. Thanks.

pheonix_2.png
    716 x 614 - 144K
  • JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited December 1969

GO NINJA! GO NINJA! GO!

That other hand is just begging for a piece of pizza.

dschucks.jpg
    800 x 615 - 134K
    mikey_web.jpg
    615 x 800 - 157K
    edited December 1969

without all the dreamy blur fx

mike.jpg
    615 x 800 - 253K
  • nekollxnekollx Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

I'm partial to the version in the new show where it has a blade built in, it just adds somethingto mikey having a useful weapon

http://www.screwattack.com/news/28-reasons-we-love-new-tmnt-cartoon/images/2939211

But other then that Really Amazing

Did Somebody Order Pizza
    http://www10.sharecg.com/search/index.php?q=pizza&button;.x=0&button;.y=0

Post edited by nekollx on
  • lface8lface8 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

I tried watching the new show, it was pretty bad. As far as the nunchucks with the blades go, eh. Not a fan of that either. In the right hands, anything can be a useful weapon, especially nunchucks. Just look at the way Bruce Lee used them.

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

I like the new show is has a little bit of the same flavor of the 80's one, its funny. And the animation is great

edited December 1969

to each their own, for example i prefer RawArt's TurtleDude head but Joe's body is A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y perfect

edited December 1969

Joes head was modeled after the work of a specific artist. I can't remember the name at the moment.

edited December 1969

I know that, i read this entire thread, It's just not a style I like, all the wrinkles just clash with the muh smother/younger style of the rest of the body. Again personal preference.

• blutobluto Posts: 828
    edited November 2012

Your version of the Beast is cool. Which hair did you use?

i used daz jason hair for m3 dialed it up to wolverine and saved it as a prop
    beast.jpg
    823 x 506 - 29K
    Post edited by bluto on
  • ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

Some latest work of mine...

if you are unfamiliar with any picture please ask and i will let you know... :)

hope you like them...

3d_vampirella___lenticullar_by_isikol-d5i27xo.jpg
    698 x 900 - 261K
    camelot_3000_by_isikol-d5k6d5f.jpg
    510 x 900 - 221K
    crysis_4___promo_image__by_isikol-d5ivw4y.jpg
    652 x 900 - 307K
    wonderwoman_beats_superman_by_isikol-d5kd1hb.jpg
    630 x 900 - 247K
    phantom.jpg
    726 x 900 - 214K
  • equinoxx5equinoxx5 Posts: 126
    edited November 2012

Love the Camelot 3000 "Ultra Collectors' Edition" cover! I think that was my first exposure to Brian Bolland, back in the day.

Post edited by equinoxx5 on
    edited December 1969

Isikol That is one of the best Phantoms Art works I have seen

Awesome

A Million times better than the last movie they put out

edited December 1969

is that a reimagine of Wondie vs Supes from the Hades arc of Justice League?

edited December 1969

leo, his sword and a visual style render.

toonleo.jpg
    615 x 800 - 178K
    katananosub.jpg
    615 x 800 - 68K
    leopostweb.jpg
    615 x 800 - 54K
    edited December 1969

Cowabunga!

edited November 2012

all together

alltogethernowweb.jpg
    615 x 615 - 395K
    alltogethernow.jpg
    615 x 800 - 286K
    Post edited by JoeQuick on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited November 2012

Joequick said:
    all together

Totally rad, Dude!
    Loved this "making of" series of posts!
    Post edited by TJohn on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Love the work Joe. How do you finish? I see the render and then the more color artsy finished piece below it. Very nice. Photoshop?

Nice renders there Isikol!

edited November 2012

RAMWolff said:
    Love the work Joe. How do you finish? I see the render and then the more color artsy finished piece below it. Very nice. Photoshop?

It's just a sequence of filterforge filters. I used one called dreamy which added a dreamy blur around all the lightest ares, i used one called vibrance which made everything a little bit more vibrant, i used a photo one that added a slight grain to it and adjusted the colors some, then i used an "hdri" one with exaggerates the color differences. to do the background I just magic wanded it and used a filterforge filter called sketchypaint.

I was trying to give it a 90's trapper-keeper kind of pizazz.

Post edited by JoeQuick on
  • edited December 1969

Jean Grey in the green Phoenix suit. The suit is a skin texture.

jg2.png
    618 x 800 - 176K
    edited December 1969

Holy balls Joe

Awesome!

edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    RAMWolff said:

It's just a sequence of filterforge filters. I used one called dreamy which added a dreamy blur around all the lightest ares, i used one called vibrance which made everything a little bit more vibrant, i used a photo one that added a slight grain to it and adjusted the colors some, then i used an "hdri" one with exaggerates the color differences. to do the background I just magic wanded it and used a filterforge filter called sketchypaint.

Was this a full package of filters you bought? It's been a coons age since I have used Filter forges filters. Your renders always look so good!

edited December 1969

cjspos00 said:

Nice work on the 2nd skin! Phoenix before the Dark transition was right up there with Storm as my fav Marvel heroines!

edited December 1969

So i have to ask, can we make requests for props or links to items that could be repurposed to make our own ideal scenes? I have a Idea for render but some parts I have no idea where to get usable props for.

edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    RAMWolff said:

Oh My GOD... this program (Filter Forge) has come a LONG LONG way. I'll be purchasing when they get the site back up and running. Found Dreamy and Vibrance but the HDRI, Grain and Sketchypaint was not there. Thanks for the heads up on this Joe. This is yummy!

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Yeah... I would like to see this reenacted with these figures...

WARNING: Cartoon violence and dark humor

College Humor: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

cjspos00 said:

Wonderful work, cjspos00!

A very awesome Phoenix!

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    all together

SWEEEEEET!
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited December 1969

...I wonder if FF is in the process of being upgraded. Used to be available through Rendo but don't see it there anymore either.

This discussion has been closed.