Genesis skin shader help

nickalamannickalaman Posts: 196
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi,

Wondering if there is a script or a way I can apply a value for glossiness and shininess to a figure after I've applied my skin mat. I can of corse apply each node manually but that takes too much time, espcially if i change my mind and would like to try different values.

Working with 8.5 pro.

Thanks,

Nick

Comments

• Akulla3DAkulla3D Posts: 131
    edited November 2012

Hi,

Wondering if there is a script or a way I can apply a value for glossiness and shininess to a figure after I've applied my skin mat. I can of corse apply each node manually but that takes too much time, espcially if i change my mind and would like to try different values.

Working with 8.5 pro.

Thanks,

Nick

There is no script as far as I know. One good way to do it is to select Consolidate Duplicate Shaders, once you do this then there are only 4 shader domains (V4). This is a little less time consuming, I do this all the time and it adds only about 5 minutes to my process.

Post edited by Akulla3D on
  • nickalamannickalaman Posts: 196
    edited December 1969

Thanks,

Didn't know about the consilidate.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

akulla3D said:
    [ One good way to do it is to select Consolidate Duplicate Shaders, once you do this then there are only 4 shader domains (V4). This is a little less time consuming, I do this all the time and it adds only about 5 minutes to my process.
    I have tried to find this function in DS4.5.1.6 and for the life of me cannot find it. Can you please let me know where I can find this.
  • CarltonMartinCarltonMartin Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    akulla3D said:
    [ One good way to do it is to select Consolidate Duplicate Shaders, once you do this then there are only 4 shader domains (V4). This is a little less time consuming, I do this all the time and it adds only about 5 minutes to my process.
    I have tried to find this function in DS4.5.1.6 and for the life of me cannot find it. Can you please let me know where I can find this.

This is the Carrara forum, and "consolidate shaders" is a Carrara function.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Now don't I look an idiot which is no change...sorry about that. That's what you get for not being able to sleep for 48 hours and counting. I use Carrara and didn't know it exisited so at least it will help me. :)