Beautiful Bends V4 - Updated - [COMMERCIAL]

wowiewowie Posts: 2,029
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello,

This is just to let everyone know that Beautiful Bends V4 (http://www.daz3d.com/shop/beautiful-bends-v4) have been updated. The new files should have 1.2 in the end (ie. 14478_BeautifulBendsV4Ps_1.2_dpc.exe and 14478_BeautifulBendsV4DS_1.2_ds.exe for PC files).

Some of the changes include:
- New corrections for hands and fingers movement.
- New corrections for thigh, shoulder and forearm twists.
- Reworked shoulder corrections. The updated version should work better in Poser now.
- Reworked most of the joint corrections and added some new JCMs to smooth the mesh.
- Reorganized magnets and morph dials for clarity.
- Renamed magnets for better compatibility with Poser magnetize scripts.
- Removed thigh and shoulder compatibility fix, since it was no longer needed.
- Removed the fit poses because it was causing some confusion with users. The reset to default pose is still included and moved to the Pose folder..
- Added 13 additional body poses.
- Added Magnetize to BBV4 scripts. You have to use both the Magnetize to V4 and Magnetize to BBV4 scripts to magnetize conforming clothing.
- Updated MATs. The update now include Elite Human Surface Shader presets with and without subsurface scattering.

Some additional notes:
- If you have V4.2 Muscle Morphs installed, loading the Beautiful Bends V4.cr2 will display some circular ERC errors. This is a problem with the V4.2 Muscle Morphs and not Beautiful Bends.
- This will overwrite the older .CR2. If you still want to use the old one, just renamed it to something different.
- With some poses, there still be some pokethrough. Please read the accompanying readme file to deal with pokethrough issues.
- Due to differences between DS and Poser, collar twist (x rotate) are still problematic in Poser.

Thank you all.

Comments

• nakamuram002nakamuram002 Posts: 769
    edited December 1969

JCMs!! What an unpleasant surprise. That defeats the beauty of the magnets. Now the JCMs have to be copied into tight fitting clothing.

• wowiewowie Posts: 2,029
    edited December 1969

JCMs!! What an unpleasant surprise. That defeats the beauty of the magnets. Now the JCMs have to be copied into tight fitting clothing.

That will depend on the clothing and the mesh topology, but in most cases you don't have to transfer the JCMs. Most of the JCMs are there just to refine the mesh a bit. Most of the reshaping is still done via magnets.

edited December 1969

What about all of the correction morphs that I see? Are they really necessary? I'm talking about tight fitting clothing like stockings and body suits.

edited December 1969

The helper morphs are necessary to work around the limitations of the euler system. They're just dials with values and no deltas.

As I said earlier, the additional JCMs are there to fix topology layout problems (like vertices that don't align with others). The only area that needed extensive cleanup is the groin/crotch area and the thumb.

edited December 1969

wowie said:
    The helper morphs are necessary to work around the limitations of the euler system. They're just dials with values and no deltas.

As I said earlier, the additional JCMs are there to fix topology layout problems (like vertices that don't align with others). The only area that needed extensive cleanup is the groin/crotch area and the thumb.

Looking at your .CR2 with Morph Manager -- In the left shin, there are 11 helper morphs. 10 of them have 1778 deltas. Only FixLKneeBend has 0 deltas.

edited November 2012

For the shin body parts, some JCM morphs were needed to fix topology problems with the foot bent (forward/backward) and then rotated or moved side to side. For shin/knee movement, there's actually very little changes (just look at how big the deltas are).

I don't have Hongyu's clothing, but I do have some stockings. This is with Boudoir Whispers. As you can see, at default settings (the last image) there's clearly some pokethrough left. The clothing comes with some adjustment morphs, but they don't cover some polys (second image). By adjusting the FBM Bulk morph to 0.1 (10%), there's no pokethrough left (first image).

Render_2_1.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 82K
    Render_3_1.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 80K
    Render_4_1.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 80K
    Post edited by wowie on
    edited December 1969

This is with Little Dragon's Stocking.

Even at default settings (using the same pose), there's no visible pokethroughs. My point being, every clothing will likely be different since the mesh layout are different.

Render_1_1.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 50K
    edited December 1969

Here's a look at he inner side.

Render_6_1.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 67K
    Render_7_1.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 65K
    Render_8_1.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 65K
    edited November 2012

Here's a look at the mesh, with (second image) and without (first image) the JCMs (I manually set the knee controlled JCMs to zero). JCM for other joints work similarly.

Mesh_noJCM_1.jpg
    807 x 1039 - 184K
    Mesh_JCM_1.jpg
    807 x 1039 - 184K
    Post edited by wowie on
    edited December 1969

Are your examples from Poser or DAZ Studio? I think the former is more prone to poke-thru. I am using Poser Pro 2012. I will try to come up with some examples.

edited November 2012

Those are viewport grabs from DS3

edit.
    I snagged Poser9 Trial version (9.0.1.20627) and loaded BBV4 and the original V4 Bodysuit into the scene. After conforming the body suit, I ran both DAZ Magnetize script and my own Magnetize to BBV4 script.

You can see the renders below. To minimize pokethrough, I just select the bodysuit parts (left shin and left thigh), changed the FBM Bulk parameters to 0.1 (10%) and then re-render. Both the thighs and shin were bent 90 degrees. Everything else were set to 0 (zero).

I then bend the shin some more (140) and did the same thing (render with and then without the FBM paramter change).

140Bulk10%.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 35K
    140.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 35K
    90Bulk10%.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 37K
    90.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 37K
    Post edited by wowie on
    edited December 1969

I have solved most of the problems I encountered in BB v1.1. I had to strip my stocking .CR2 of all morphs, then use Morphing Clothes to copy the V4 Morphs++ morphs that I needed, plus the BB jcms and correction morphs. I notice that there is some incompatibility between some of the V4 Morphs++ morphs and BB.

In BB v1.2, I am having problems with poke-thru when bending the knees. I am working on them.

edited December 1969

I see what the problem is -- When you inject the V4 Base Morphs, you also inject the DAZ JCMs. I have modified the DAZ .pz2 files, so that they only inject the Expression Morphs. That solved my poke-thru problem.

My files are at: http://www.sharecg.com/v/65764/browse/11/Poser/Inject-V4-Base-morphs-without-the-JCMs.

Unzip and put "INJ Base V4BB.pz2" in your V4 Morphs directory (usually ...\Runtime\Libraries\Pose\DAZ's Victoria 4\Morph Injections). Put "InjDeltas.V4BaseAllBB.pz2" in ...\Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4\Deltas.

edited December 1969

That's good too know.

edited December 1969

I am having problems uploading to ShareCG, so I will post the files here as text.

INJ Base V4BB.pz2---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    {
    version
    {
    number 4.01
    }
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:InjDeltas.V4BaseAllBB.pz2"
    }

InjDeltas.V4BaseAllBB.pz2-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    {
    version
    {
    number 4.01
    }
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.CTRLTongueSide-Side.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.PHMBrowInnerUp-Down.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.PHMBrowOuterUp-Down.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.PHMBrowSqueeze.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.PHMBrowUp-Down.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.PHMCheeksBalloon.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.PHMCheeksBalloonPucker.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.PHMCheeksCrease.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.PHMCheeksEyeFlex.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.PHMCheeksFlex.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.PHMEyeCorneaBulge.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.PHMEyeIrisAlign.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.PHMEyeIrisBulge.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.PHMEyeIrisConvexity.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.PHMEyeIrisSize.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.PHMEyePupilDialate.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.PHMEyePupilSlit.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.PHMEyesOpen-Close.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.PHMHeadHairBun.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.PHMHeadHairShort.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.PHMJawIn-Out.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.PHMJawSide-Side.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.PHMMouthCornerUp-Down.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.PHMMouthOpenWide.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.PHMMouthSide-Side.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.PHMMouthSmile-Frown.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.PHMMouthSmileOpen.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.PHMMouthSneer-Pout.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.PHMNoseWrinkle.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.PHMNostrilsFlare.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.VSM_AA.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.VSM_EH.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.VSM_ER.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.VSM_F.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.VSM_IH.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.VSM_IY.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.VSM_K.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.VSM_L.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.VSM_M.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.VSM_OW.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.VSM_S.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.VSM_SH.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.VSM_T.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.VSM_TH.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.VSM_UW.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Base:InjDeltas.VSM_W.pz2"

}

• Zig ZagZig Zag Posts: 96
    edited November 2013

Sorry for reactivating this old thread but I just bought this product yesterday. It works well but would it be possible to make the Beautiful Bends figure compatible with PowerLoader?

I spent quite some time yesterday applying Beautiful Bends to the Briana character, which uses V4 Muscle Morphs and Morphs++. Because Powerloader doesn't work, one needs to apply the INJ files manually to the character or even apply each morph individually because it seems that Morphs++ doesn't have an INJ file :-(.

If Beautiful Bends were compatible with PowerLoader it would save lot of time as soon as one wants to morphs to V4.

Thanks

Post edited by Zig Zag on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for buying the product.

As I recall, there is an INJ/REM file for all of morphs that came with Morphs++ (or any other morph packages for V4). It's been a long time, but they should be in 'Libraries\Pose\DAZ's Victoria 4\'. I did try making a Powerloader script for the cr2, but never did get them to work (I was still using DS3 back then).

Btw, Beautiful Bends for Genesis 2 Female is out. Users who have purchased Beautiful Bends V4 prior to the launch of BB for G2F are entitled to an additional 50 % discount (plus another 30% intro discount).

edited December 1969

Hi wowie,

The thing is, there is a INJ file for Muscle Morphs but not for Morphs++. As a fix I'll try to write an INJ file for Morphs++ myself...

edited December 1969

Hmmm, maybe there's something wrong with your Morphs++ installer.

I just installed V4 base and Morphs++ through DIM (with DS 4.6 default runtime structure).
    The INJ/REM for injecting all morphs in the Morphs++ package should be here - C:\Users\'Username'\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\Libraries\Pose\DAZ's Victoria 4\Morph Injections (as is the INJ/REM for the base morphs).

edited December 1969

Hi,

So I bought Beautiful Bends for V4 and I now have a BeautifulBendsV4 character available. The thing is I want to use that character with figures that need the Morphs++ package. But Beautiful Bends doesn't work with PowerLoader and Morphs++ doesn't include a INJ / REM files. And as there are lots of morphs in the Morphs++ package applying them by hand is very tedious.

So what I want to do is create INJ / REM files for Morph++ and as someone mentioned Injection Pose Builder I went ahead and bought it too. I browsed the forums some more and it seems that I need to create a cr2 files with the morphs applied.

So in DAZ I chose File-> Export as, then cr2, but then I don't have a clue what I need to enter in the Export as CR2 options dialog. Furthermore, the documentation in Injection Pose Builder isn't very clear either.

Can anybody explain to me how to do this so I can connect the dots?

Thanks

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

There should be Inj All and Rem All poses for morphs sets in Poser Format>library used>Pose>DAZ's Victoria 4>Morph Injections

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

Merged the new thread with the old - this is why it's a bad idea to start a new thread on an existing topic, it leads to unneeded covering of old ground. I just downloaded Morphs++ and the INJ All pose is there, so it should be available to you.

edited December 1969

Richard,

Thanks, I found the INJ/REM files. I definitely have difficulties navigating the Poser content library :-/ And sorry for starting a new thread...