Weird invisible thread allarm !!

SalvatoreSalvatore Posts: 147
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Weird stuff, I've been posting a few messages in "The Return of the Son of the Complaint Thread" in the commons, for instance a few minutes ago, but strangely enough, instead of seeing the thread tittle on the first page, it's invisible to me...

It has been like this for few days, and my hacking search abilities made me find it again, crazy stuff.
Has someone else had the same experience ?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2012

Threads don't reorder themselves when anyone posts to them, they stay in the same order as they were posted. so you see new threads on the front page, not new posts unfortunately. It's not invisible, just hidng shyly back a page or two.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • SalvatoreSalvatore Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

Hey,,,, thanks chohole, page 15 in this case, ok, another mystery solved !!:coolsmile:

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,686
    edited December 1969

Is this being worked on? So that the threads will be ordered by last post??

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It is on the list of issues, I don't know where it falls in priority.

edited December 1969

Hmmm.

My priorities would be,,,

1-Better smileys
    2-When skipping a line when writing, to keep that skip when posted.
    3-A search function I can find (if one exists).
    4-This OT thingy mentioned.
    5-A digi mind-reader which instantly gives what I want with a forum d/a converter.

To be continued,,,,

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Salvatore said:
    Hmmm.

My priorities would be,,,

1-Better smileys
    2-When skipping a line when writing, to keep that skip when posted.
    4-This OT thingy mentioned.
    5-A digi mind-reader which instantly gives what I want with a forum d/a converter.

To be continued,,,,

YOU FORGOT THE MILLENNIUM COW!!!

You should be ashamed ...

• edited June 2012

Salvatore said:

Um, you wouldn't happen to mean the search box at the top of the page that says 'search the forum' in it, would you? I'm guessing not, since you mention having used the search to find that thread you were looking for... If you use the search (or click on 'View New Posts') the link to the Advanced Search shows up in the breadcrumbs.

Post edited by thinmick_3ecd3939f1 on
    edited December 1969

@ ThinMick,
    How DARE you suggest that I would ever look at the top-right of the page,, uhhm, thanks ! :lol:

@ Sockratease,
    **Humbly bows head in shame being aware of neglecting prime essentials**
    Like these, but better !!
    http://www.lynescreations.com/lynesfree2.htm

Dammit DAZ, and I also want a millenium Mouse !!!

• edited December 1969

:red: ... ... :lol:

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

I'd be grateful for a button to get back to the *list* of threads in the Commons (or whatever other forum) rather than having to backtrack all the way back through every page of a thread I've read in order to bet back to where I started.

The links at the bottom pointing to the previous thread in the whole list and the next one are NOT HELPFUL.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,352
    edited December 1969

Yeah that is an annoyance and one of the things we've brought to DAZ's attention.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

To separate paragraphs
    I'd just put a period on a line between them
    Like this. At least it's a fairly simple
    Workaround until they fix this.

edited December 1969

To separate paragraphs
    I'd just put a period on a line between them
    Like this. At least it's a fairly simple
    Workaround until they fix this.

Also works if you put two blank lines between the paragraphs instead of 1.

Eventually it will be automatic, but I tend to have to keep going back to edit it. When I bother.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,352
    edited December 1969

That's how we are doing it. Just get use to hitting enter twice.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

*WAVES* to Salvatore :P

edited December 1969

Hey hello TheWheelMan, JOdel and Frank0314 (and everybody els of coarse), thanks for the hacky tips !

These bugs bring out the best creativity out of of us, DAZ should inject a different variety of them weekly to stimulate us artists for best results (looks outside), sigh,,, there is just to much paradise everywhere,,, (must visit the complaint thread pronto,,).

**Sends a hug to rammy cause he's one of these guys who do not faint by the idea**

(Waves finger in a knowingly manner)
    One should always hug daily, a lot,, and remember that rationality is a handy tool, but when used constantly it's just a subset of insanity.
    Checks the skipped line hack thingy,,,
    Yep, it works !
    And how about that digi mind reader thingy I mentioned... ?? :coolsmile:

• willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    I'd be grateful for a button to get back to the *list* of threads in the Commons (or whatever other forum) rather than having to backtrack all the way back through every page of a thread I've read in order to bet back to where I started.

The links at the bottom pointing to the previous thread in the whole list and the next one are NOT HELPFUL.

Top left of the page is a stacked list from top of the forum to the thread -

Home/Forum Home/General/The Commons/Thread

Clicking on The Commons (or whatever) takes you back to the thread list.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Awww, Hugs back to Salvatore. Hugs are good! :P

edited June 2012

JOdel said:

Oh, you mean the Community heading. *sigh* It's like retraining youself to leave two empty lines between paragraphs to get one.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    JOdel said:

Oh, you mean the Community heading. *sigh* It's like retraining youself to leave two empty lines between paragraphs to get one.

No, not the Community heading, the breadcrumbs on the line below it.

edited December 1969

A distinction without a difference. It still takes one back to the first page of the forum. But then so did the link in the old store.

What's needed is a link back to the page that particular thread is listed on. Until the forums start bumping the recent posts to the head of the line I don't see any other way apart from painstaking back-buttoning.

• Cyn ArtCyn Art Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    That's how we are doing it. Just get use to hitting enter twice.

That's what I've been doing . . . but not a good habit to get into. LoL It's starting to confuse my regular typing & when I'm in other forums. :P