Still Getting DLL Errors in DSON

GregoriusGregorius Posts: 397

I've been racking my brain, but I think I've tried virtually everything I can without digging deeper into program files than I feel comfortable going. I had a few thoughts, like trying to update my Python core, but I'm afraid that the few ideas I have left might create other problems. I know next to nothing about the internal workings of Poser and DS.

Even after re-installing 64-bit DSON (to C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012) after the recent update and making sure my C++ was up to date, I’m still getting this error. The funny thing is, I’m trying to run 64-bit DSON in 64-bit PP12 on a 64-bit Windows 7 machine with Visual C++ 2010 (along with several other builds dating back to 2005). It’s 64-bit all the way, so it shouldn’t even be LOOKING for a Win32 program! Plus, the message is printed not once but twice in the Python console window that appears when I load PP12, which is especially odd.

I'm suspicious that this might be related to another oddity which by itself hasn't been much of a problem, since I don't actually use DS very often. Even though I'm running a 64-bit machine, 64-bit DS4 has never worked on my computer. I always get this when I try to start it up: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application." Even after I just installed the update (version 4.5), the same thing happened. The 32-bit version, however, works fine.

It's almost as if some parts of my computer are deluded into believing it's a 32-bit system or something!

I am eager to use Genesis, so I would really appreciate some serious tech support at this point. It's starting to drive me mad, LOL!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Any chance I can get you to open this as a bug at http://bugs.daz3d.com please?
    We do really want to be able to help figure this one out.

Once you do that can you please post a link here?

Thanks

Gregorius said:
    I've been racking my brain, but I think I've tried virtually everything I can without digging deeper into program files than I feel comfortable going. I had a few thoughts, like trying to update my Python core, but I'm afraid that the few ideas I have left might create other problems. I know next to nothing about the internal workings of Poser and DS.

Even after re-installing 64-bit DSON (to C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012) after the recent update and making sure my C++ was up to date, I’m still getting this error. The funny thing is, I’m trying to run 64-bit DSON in 64-bit PP12 on a 64-bit Windows 7 machine with Visual C++ 2010 (along with several other builds dating back to 2005). It’s 64-bit all the way, so it shouldn’t even be LOOKING for a Win32 program! Plus, the message is printed not once but twice in the Python console window that appears when I load PP12, which is especially odd.

I'm suspicious that this might be related to another oddity which by itself hasn't been much of a problem, since I don't actually use DS very often. Even though I'm running a 64-bit machine, 64-bit DS4 has never worked on my computer. I always get this when I try to start it up: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application." Even after I just installed the update (version 4.5), the same thing happened. The 32-bit version, however, works fine.

It's almost as if some parts of my computer are deluded into believing it's a 32-bit system or something!

I am eager to use Genesis, so I would really appreciate some serious tech support at this point. It's starting to drive me mad, LOL!

Thanks in advance!

• GregoriusGregorius Posts: 397
    edited December 1969
  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969
  • AThorwaldAThorwald Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

I have Poser 9 and installed the DSON importer and other content before udating Poser w/ SR 3.1. I made the mistake of letting poser reset the preferences during this update. After the update upon opening poser i get the following in the same macros window:

An errror occurred importing addon dson :
    ERROR: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

ERROR: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

I uninstalled the DSON importer and reinstalled it along with the other two content packages but am still recieving this same error message.

• AThorwaldAThorwald Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

I've run the uninstaller again and this is the new message i'm recieving:

ERROR: No module named dzdsonimporter

Is there a way anyone knows that I can either get DSON to install correctly again or remove everything including the script that keeps telling poser to look for parts of a program that I had uninstalled.
    Thanks

• edited November 2012

AThorwald said:
    I've run the uninstaller again and this is the new message i'm recieving:

Is there a way anyone knows that I can either get DSON to install correctly again or remove everything including the script that keeps telling poser to look for parts of a program that I had uninstalled.
    Thanks

Thing that bugs me is why are we asked to install a 32 bit program into what is obviously a 64 bit application?

Edit: nevermind...

Post edited by inspired_art_86a3f09735 on