Ballet For Genesis

RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
edited November 2012 in Product Suggestions

I was thinking, since the Winter Holidays are coming up and now is the marketing time for the season, what better time to pitch the idea for an official ballet set for Genesis? I know we already have a few ballet performance costumes out such as Kids 4 Ballet, Degas Ballerina, and even Pretty in Pink for the Gen 4 boys! But as we all know, Genesis doesn't do well with backward compatibility footwear and it's a tedious struggle to mesh smooth dance slippers to every complex pose (which are also skewed when applied to Genesis).

So, if there could be a proper set of dance apparel (leotard and tutu (for females), shirts/tops (for males), tights, performance textures, etc) or at the very least a pair of properly compatible slippers and poses, that would be great. I'm sure no dancer myself, but I often do scenes with a friend who is. She really likes Genesis, but hates it when we have to Autofit stuff. ;)

Post edited by RCDeschene on

Comments

• madisonx_c5746f56a5madisonx_c5746f56a5 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

I would also like to see this. I have some ballet outfits for V4, but I would love to see something new for Genesis.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551
    edited December 1969

I'd love a nutcracker set.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,804
    edited December 1969

If you're going with the winter theme, I'd like a good pair of figure skates for Genesis. Or even an OK pair; just something where the blade doesn't crumple into a mess the way the skates do with autofit. Happens with both the V4 and A3 skates, although at least the A3 boot survives, more or less.

For that matter, depending on how well Performer for V4 autofits (I only have experience with All That Jazz, which does not autofit well because all the feathers get plucked clean by smoothing, understandably enough), it might be possible to make a texture for it that works for a ballet costume. The skirt's more or less the right shape.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
    edited December 1969

vwrangler said:
    If you're going with the winter theme, I'd like a good pair of figure skates for Genesis. Or even an OK pair; just something where the blade doesn't crumple into a mess the way the skates do with autofit. Happens with both the V4 and A3 skates, although at least the A3 boot survives, more or less.

For that matter, depending on how well Performer for V4 autofits (I only have experience with All That Jazz, which does not autofit well because all the feathers get plucked clean by smoothing, understandably enough), it might be possible to make a texture for it that works for a ballet costume. The skirt's more or less the right shape.

I actually have the Aiko on Ice outfit, lovely little set. But yes! Absolutely does autofit kill it. You should have have been with me and my dancer friend when we were looking at it the other week (yeah, I kind of made her a fan of Aiko :)). I kid you not, the second we both saw those grotesque mesh warps on those skates, I heard her poor soul die a bit as her head kindly met the table the laptop was on! :lol:

But seriously, her and I are BEGGING for a nice pair of Genesis foot-friendly dance shoes!

• Ariella CandelariaAriella Candelaria Posts: 17
    edited December 1969

With the Winter Holidays coming up fast :-) I too would love to see Ballet and figure skating for Genesis. :)I am officially a published artist(for our family publishing) :red:and want to make some Nutcracker and Swan lake scenes for the family. :cheese:Please get us some Ballet and Figure Skating stuff! :lol:

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,622
    edited December 2012

I've got a ladies' ballet set in progress with leotard, shoes, ribbons, some skirt options and a hair decoration. I can't guarantee it will be into the store fast enough, but I will do my best. ;)

In addendum to which - it looks like I'll need to include a foot arch morph. A ballerina's foot actually deforms in ways more extreme than base Genesis can. :-D Apparently the human foot is astonishingly flexible.

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

I've got a ladies' ballet set in progress with leotard, shoes, ribbons, some skirt options and a hair decoration. I can't guarantee it will be into the store fast enough, but I will do my best. ;)

In addendum to which - it looks like I'll need to include a foot arch morph. A ballerina's foot actually deforms in ways more extreme than base Genesis can. :-D Apparently the human foot is astonishingly flexible.

Especially when trained from an early age!

Add me to the list of interested people...

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

I have a free ballet outfit on ShareCG if your interested. Male and female outfit plus ballet shoes.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/65707/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Ballet-Outfit-Part-1

http://www.sharecg.com/v/65708/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Ballet-Outfit-Part-2

edited December 1969

My goddness... ._.

This is simply excellent! Not only does wilmap have an amazing ballet set already out for free at shareCG, but SickleYield is making a foot morph that won't give me grief! :-)

Say Sickle, how many performance textures this ballerina set have? I'm already in love with the ones in wilmap's, I can only imagine what your's will have!

edited December 1969

My goddness... ._.

This is simply excellent! Not only does wilmap have an amazing ballet set already out for free at shareCG, but SickleYield is making a foot morph that won't give me grief! :-)

Say Sickle, how many performance textures this ballerina set have? I'm already in love with the ones in wilmap's, I can only imagine what your's will have!

Mine is in a different style from Wilmap's, so there will be benefit to having them both.;)

I'm doing the textures for it today. It's called Sugar Plums, and ballet gear is usually pastel, so probably blue, pink, violet and white. It has two headpieces (a headband and a pouf) and three tutus, so the prima donna can be distinguished from the rest of the company. The leg ribbons also can be made shorter with the mat zone for the same effect.

edited December 1969

I'm doing the textures for it today. It's called Sugar Plums, and ballet gear is usually pastel, so probably blue, pink, violet and white. It has two headpieces (a headband and a pouf) and three tutus, so the prima donna can be distinguished from the rest of the company. The leg ribbons also can be made shorter with the mat zone for the same effect.

Any chance of some renders Sickle?

I'm quite excited about this...

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

Not yet but soon. I'm not showing pics 'til I get the FBMs on the Leotard at least done on account of breasts. ;)

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Can't compete with Sickleyields Outfit. I'm not as clever as her. Mine is just plain and simple I'm afraid.

edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    Can't compete with Sickleyields Outfit. I'm not as clever as her. Mine is just plain and simple I'm afraid.

People can use them both, and I'm sure many will.

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

Not yet but soon. I'm not showing pics 'til I get the FBMs on the Leotard at least done on account of breasts. ;)

Cool...

edited December 1969
    edited December 2012

Nice! Thanks for the links! :)

Oh, and wilmap, the dance set is great! But I noticed that your dancer OBJs give off duplicate IDs. That's no problem where I have a Script that fixes that. However, for some reason when I apply the slippers unto Genesis, I have to slightly touch the Scale dial to get them to conform properly. Is there a way I can fix that?

Post edited by RCDeschene on