Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?

Comments

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,006
    edited December 1969

My version of Superman...

David

One of the cooler non-trad suits I've seen.
  • GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,543
    edited December 1969

Found this earlier but thought I might mention it here. Nice 3D comic book stuff of the Goon. I have always liked the comic book, even if I don't like zombies much ... Go figure. Anyway ... http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/624061548/the-goon-movie-lets-kickstart-this-sucker

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

My version of Superman...

David

Wow... freakin'; awesome. Don't suppose you have him out there for free download, do you?

Hey, quit laughin'! I can dream, can't I?

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,040
    edited December 1969

The character I would have to package up. The suit belongs to someone else.

David

edited December 1969

Where does the suit come from? It is awesome.

I love the character as well. He's great.

edited December 1969

Here's the suit:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=66278

I'll have to go back and look where I got the cape...

David

edited December 1969

And the cape came from Space Dweller for M4

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/space-dweller-for-m4

David

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

equinoxx5 said:
    A bit more nostalgia for my youth...
    (Made possible in no small measure by Joequick, Cagedrei, Ravenhair, the3dwizard, Poserworld, Vadlor, Dyald, Neftis, goldtassel. Architecture by Predatron.)

"Circa '67"
    Holy Dutch angles, Batman!

...that is great. They really do look like the original television characters.

Love the camera angle and lighting, really gives it the feel of the old series.

...Atomic Batteries to power...
    ...turbines to speed.

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited December 1969

Donatello, the Bo staff was my quick evening project tonight.

bo2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 182K
    bo1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 76K
    don.jpg
    800 x 615 - 239K
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    equinoxx5 said:
    (Made possible in no small measure by Joequick, Cagedrei, Ravenhair, the3dwizard, Poserworld, Vadlor, Dyald, Neftis, goldtassel. Architecture by Predatron.)

"Circa '67"

...that is great. They really do look like the original television characters.

Love the camera angle and lighting, really gives it the feel of the old series.

...Atomic Batteries to power...
    ...turbines to speed.

Even the Adam West gesticulation pose is accurate.

edited December 1969

Joequick said:

WOW!

Can't wait to see the whole crew. You doing Splinter, Casey Jones and April too?

• AngryDragonRiderAngryDragonRider Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    Joequick said:
    Joequick said:

The cape was never rigged and the shoulder morph was never tested (so it might bend hideously). I'd imagine that as the months dragged out between releases of issues of Children's Crusade, I just lost interest.

Shoulder morphs are so freakin' awesome! Much better than what I tried and failed to execute. I also had some bending issue with my morph, so I was considering using displacemnt maps instead of morphs ... but I'd be happy to test yours out if you wanted someone to beta-test. As for the cape - equally awesome, but in all honesty I don't get why someone with Wiccan's powers would be wearing a tattered scarf-thingy. The cape my version of Wiccan is wearing is from the Witchhunter M4 set, and I think it captures the essence without making him look like a war-torn refugee from the magical future (like Hope Summers, who also wears a silly scarf-thingy).

You post your sharecg freebies to the Poser category, does that mean you're a Poser user by default? Do you use studio much?

Actually, I'm using Studio exclusively. I post them to the Poser category since my understanding is that Studio users know they can use the same texture maps that Poser users can, but that Poser users may not bother looking at something that is in the DAZ category.

On that note, here are a few recent uploads to my ShareCG page. There are many more but for some reason ShareCG won't let me upload at the moment.

Ok. If you're still interested, my morphs look funny when the arms bend down as well. This can be fixed with JCMs. I can make the JCM morph easily, but to be honest, I don't want to set it up to work. (mainly because I've never made an injection pose that also injects jcms before). So I can make the corrective morphs and send you an inject pose which ads the shoulder shape as well as rshldrdown and lshldrdown jcms, and you'll have to be responsible for setting them up to work automatically (or just dialing them in by hand for a manual adjustment).

here's the how to for setting them up to apply automatically for when we get that far.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/assembling/tutorials/creating_joint_controlled_morphs/start

Is anyone else having trouble sending PM's? I sent one in regards to this post twice, neither time did it show up in my sent folder. Anywho - yes Joe I am still interested and I'd love to tackle the chalenge of INJ poses with JCM's included. Sounds like fun.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,006
    edited December 1969

PMs working fine. But yes no record shows up under "Sent".

edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    Joequick said:
    Joequick said:

The cape was never rigged and the shoulder morph was never tested (so it might bend hideously). I'd imagine that as the months dragged out between releases of issues of Children's Crusade, I just lost interest.

Shoulder morphs are so freakin' awesome! Much better than what I tried and failed to execute. I also had some bending issue with my morph, so I was considering using displacemnt maps instead of morphs ... but I'd be happy to test yours out if you wanted someone to beta-test. As for the cape - equally awesome, but in all honesty I don't get why someone with Wiccan's powers would be wearing a tattered scarf-thingy. The cape my version of Wiccan is wearing is from the Witchhunter M4 set, and I think it captures the essence without making him look like a war-torn refugee from the magical future (like Hope Summers, who also wears a silly scarf-thingy).

You post your sharecg freebies to the Poser category, does that mean you're a Poser user by default? Do you use studio much?

Actually, I'm using Studio exclusively. I post them to the Poser category since my understanding is that Studio users know they can use the same texture maps that Poser users can, but that Poser users may not bother looking at something that is in the DAZ category.

On that note, here are a few recent uploads to my ShareCG page. There are many more but for some reason ShareCG won't let me upload at the moment.

Ok. If you're still interested, my morphs look funny when the arms bend down as well. This can be fixed with JCMs. I can make the JCM morph easily, but to be honest, I don't want to set it up to work. (mainly because I've never made an injection pose that also injects jcms before). So I can make the corrective morphs and send you an inject pose which ads the shoulder shape as well as rshldrdown and lshldrdown jcms, and you'll have to be responsible for setting them up to work automatically (or just dialing them in by hand for a manual adjustment).

here's the how to for setting them up to apply automatically for when we get that far.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/assembling/tutorials/creating_joint_controlled_morphs/start

Is anyone else having trouble sending PM's? I sent one in regards to this post twice, neither time did it show up in my sent folder. Anywho - yes Joe I am still interested and I'd love to tackle the chalenge of INJ poses with JCM's included. Sounds like fun.

I got your message 2012-11-05 10:26 AM, once i've made the jcms i'll send the morphs your way and you can set about figuring out how to make them apply in the proper doses.

• dlfurmandlfurman Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

equinoxx5 said:

"Circa '67"

Now this brought a smile to my aging face (Saw the '66 film IN THE THEATRE. GAK! I'm old!)
    Kudos!!
    Great image!

edited December 1969

I wonder whose post will push this thread over the 50 mark?

edited December 1969

Hmmm I wonder...

edited November 2012

Could be anyone...

:)

HAH! VICTORY!

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:

Joe, these look great! Are they all part of a commercial product you have planned, something you're doing for fun, or something else entirely?

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 791
    edited December 1969

AngryDragonRider,

I love the the X-men textures. Where can I find the belts?

Thanks.

edited December 1969

AngryDragonRider,

I love the the X-men textures. Where can I find the belts?

Thanks.

For the girls, I used the belt from Domino for V4 set found here http://www.daz3d.com/shop/domino-for-v4/

For the guys it varies...Bishop is wearing the belt from joequick's Golden Age set found here, http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/golden-age-heroes-for-dazs-m4/92595 but I honestly can't remember everyone else's. In my saved file the belt is simply labeled "belt " and I don't remember which set I kit bashed for that look.

edited December 1969

SmallFry said:
    Joequick said:

Joe, these look great! Are they all part of a commercial product you have planned, something you're doing for fun, or something else entirely?

I'm going to put them out as a freebie package around x-mas. I need to make the numchucks and the katanas and then package it all up.

edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    SmallFry said:
    Joequick said:

I'm going to put them out as a freebie package around x-mas. I need to make the numchucks and the katanas and then package it all up.

Is it Genesis or M4?

• ServantServant Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    SmallFry said:
    Joequick said:

Woo-hoo! TMNT renders! Can't wait! An advanced thank you from me, Joe! Now, about some Battletoads... hahaha! j/k :D

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

That is awesome Joe, Best X-Mas freebie ever

• nekollxnekollx Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    RAMWolff said:
    OMG... HALEY Jordan! lol

LOL, actually, her real name is Keira Knight. ;)

I was kinda joking around... as in Hal Jordan wakes up one day and is a woman! :P

*LOL* I know you were. I laughed when I read that. Ironicly, I actually have a GL texture for the G-Suit I did myself of Hal's costume. I have him all ready to go for rendering. But with a certain turn of the dials, he CAN become a woman! *LOL* (I do so love Genesis!)

I just might do that. :coolsmile:

Or a Gorilla, or a fish, or a Gorilla-fish-cat-woman?!?

Dear lord what have we unleashed!

• blutobluto Posts: 827
    edited December 1969

first class

first_class.jpg
    823 x 506 - 40K
  • blutobluto Posts: 827
    edited December 1969

yup

Render_2_(16).jpg
    823 x 506 - 46K
    edited December 1969

Your version of the Beast is cool. Which hair did you use?

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

I believe it is from April's vanity

This discussion has been closed.