Genesis Product Recomendation: Medieval / Non-Modern Shift or Chemise

madisonx_c5746f56a5madisonx_c5746f56a5 Posts: 224
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm looking for some good non-modern undergarments, specifically some kind of long, loose shift or chemise. I have looked at every site I can think of, but I haven't seen anything really close. The Century Nightgown http://www.daz3d.com/shop/century-nightgown is probably the closest thing, but I am looking for something closer to the attached image.

Any ideas about a product that might work for Genesis?

Thanks!

Comments

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252
    edited December 1969

Would certainly be welcome, but I suspect if anyone builds one it will be dynamic.

Of course the real hitch is getting it to layer underneath anything else without poke-through.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

This is a good question. There is this piece (see pic), which was used for Daz' halloween sale, and it would be a great product and it fits your need. But no one was ever able to identify what exacly it is. maybe someone knows what outfit the girl/ghost is wearing.

There is also this, which is a medieval female peasant dress, which isn't perfect, but might be okay for part of the costume.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/medieval-female-peasant-clothing-for-genesis

plat-club-halloween-banner.jpg
    600 x 142 - 19K
  • madisonx_c5746f56a5madisonx_c5746f56a5 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the information and ideas. I have most of the Peasant / Medieval clothing Daz offers for Genesis, and there is some great stuff. I'm looking for something more like what is in that Daz photo, I think. Odd that we can't get a simple ID on what item it is.

edited November 2012

It is possible to use Optitex dynamic clothing on Genesis. I don't know how well it takes to fitting things to a specific figure it wasn't built for, but things like the Century nightgown have shown up on even Nursoda figures.

And the freebie site has a lot of stuff.

I'll admit I have still not made any attempt to deal with dynamics in Studio. But then it's only been available to me since 4.0 came out.

Post edited by JOdel on
    edited December 1969

There was a discussion on that picture when it was used. I think it is a dynamic clothing item... The sleeves... .But I love the way the muslin looks. Hopefully it is an upcoming release. =-) I'd love a male version-shirt.

edited December 1969

Could that be one of Coco's items? Or does he do only Poser dynamic?

edited December 1969

Has anyone asked someone at Daz directly about it?

edited December 1969

No, I don't think so. At least I never did.

• Lord MajesticLord Majestic Posts: 51
    edited December 1969

I think the outfit above might be carib98's Nightgown No9 from rendo's freestuff. If not that nightgown is very close to the one the girl/ghost is wearing.

edited December 1969

I think you've pegged it. That sure looks like the same one to me. Poser dynamic? It's for V3, and I don't think DAZ made their deal with Optitex until after V4 was standard.

Oh well, the DSON crowd may be happy.

edited December 1969

Interesting - I'll have a look at that.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I think it may be that one...

I extracted the OBJ from the PP2 and then after a little fitting in Blender (the arm bend is very different and the chest needed to be 'flattened'), I rigged it to Genesis...the basic shape of the OBJ already has some folds and wrinkles modeled in, plus the slight distortion in the upper sleeve area (in the promo pic) matched (until I upped the smoothing another notch).

chemise.png
    800 x 1000 - 744K
    edited December 1969

Interesting. The prop's page says not available for commercial use on the download page. I don't bother with props that can't be used commercially, but perhaps it is different in the readme.

But cool render there MJC1016

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

The product can be used for non-commercial and commercial renders. Do not redistribute in part or whole without the author's written permission.

Direct from the readme...

I've found that many (not all) the 'noncommercial' are either because they are 'branded' (comic/movie/TV series) items or really are 'renders are fine, don't sell/redistribute original item', with some of the rest being 'renders are fine, but give me credit' type things. I spend a lot of time ignoring the 'blurb' on the download page but reading all the ReadMe files. If the ReadMe says, "No" and it isn't a 'branded' item, it goes into a 'last resort' category and doesn't get installed. (I have a bunch of ReadMe files for my sister-in-law to translate next time she's around...much better Japanese to English than Google...)