GEN X Error message help...."Duplicate Formulas found. Make sure content is installed correctly" DS4

visiblemanvisibleman Posts: 178
edited November 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

It says duplicate id's found while reading the file.

What do I do?

Just downloaded DS4.5 , I opened up a model I made, I tried to save model as a duf and then reopen it and I get these messages and the model itself is a big BLOB!

WHAT DO I DO?

Post edited by visibleman on

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited November 2012

Are these two different questions? I will treat it as such

If the first can be fixed in two ways, the first and best it to update your Genesis content. Not the default content but your purchased propducts here is a list of the updated items Updated Genesis Products List & Thing To Be Aware Of The second method is running a script DAZ Studio 4.5 - Fix Duplicate IDs script

The second question: Have you tried reopening the BLOB again?

Post edited by Szark on
  • visiblemanvisibleman Posts: 178
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Are these two different questions? I will treat it as such

If the first can be fixed in two ways, the first and best it to update your Genesis content. Not the default content but your purchased propducts here is a list of the updated items Updated Genesis Products List & Thing To Be Aware Of The second method is running a script DAZ Studio 4.5 - Fix Duplicate IDs script

The second question: Have you tried reopening the BLOB again?

COOL!

Thanks for responding.

I will try the Script. I haven't done this before.

I put the script into Daz Cont/Scripts/Scripts Development kit and open Daz Studio and a window popped up that says "Library files to fix.

Now where do I go, what do I do?

Was I suppose to do that?...LOL!

edited November 2012

Oh god now your asking. :)

I have never used this either as I updated all my content so I have only had this error once.

Richard is our script Guru and if he has any sense he will be in bed now, unlike me. :) He is in the same time zone as me. :)

It's simple to use - I'd make it a custom action, or open it with File>Merge, while viewing the folder with the content in the Content Library pane - that way the file selector will open in the right place. Select one or more files in the folder, click Accept, and it will do its thing. Don't go looking for files in the \data folder - the script expects to be given user files, usually in \People\Genesis\some folder, and will then find the data files from there. The script creates a .bak file for each file it edits - one in the library folder, one in the \daat folder, so that you can go back if it fails. If you do a lot of conversions and they are working you might want to use the OS search to find and remove the .bak files.

So my thinking is Go to the Content Library Pane, (not Smart Content) select the problem content go the File > Merge browse to where the script is stored on your hard drive and click accept.

Sorry I can't help further.

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Oh god now your asking. :)

I have never used this either as I updated all my content so I have only had this error once.

Richard is our script Guru and if he has any sense he will be in bed now, unlike me. :) He is in the same time zone as me. :)

It's simple to use - I'd make it a custom action, or open it with File>Merge, while viewing the folder with the content in the Content Library pane - that way the file selector will open in the right place. Select one or more files in the folder, click Accept, and it will do its thing. Don't go looking for files in the \data folder - the script expects to be given user files, usually in \People\Genesis\some folder, and will then find the data files from there. The script creates a .bak file for each file it edits - one in the library folder, one in the \daat folder, so that you can go back if it fails. If you do a lot of conversions and they are working you might want to use the OS search to find and remove the .bak files.

So my thinking is Go to the Content Library Pane, (not Smart Content) select the problem content go the File > Merge browse to where the script is stored on your hard drive and click accept.

Sorry I can't help further.

OK. Did I put the script file in the right location?

edited December 1969

You can put the script where you like really, it make no difference where it is stored but how it is used. :) I have all my scripts in a seperate content folder on a USB Hard Drive. So in a word YES. :) :coolcheese:

If you wait until tommorow sometime Richard will be able to help futher if you have problems still.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    You can put the script where you like really, it make no difference where it is stored but how it is used. :) I have all my scripts in a seperate content folder on a USB Hard Drive. So in a word YES. :) :coolcheese:

If you wait until tommorow sometime Richard will be able to help futher if you have problems still.

OK.
    Thank you for helping me.
    I did what you said up to that point.

I just need to know where to go when the window opens and says. ..."Library Files to Fix"

edited December 1969

Sorry had to go and get some sleep. I have PMed Richard asking if he could help out here.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

If you are looking at the folder that contains the items that give the Duplicate IDs warning in the Content Library, under DAZ Studio Formats, then when you start the script from File>Merge the file selection dialogue will show that folder - just click on the file that you need to fix (or on several files - hold down ctrl(Win)/cmd(Mac) to add or remove files after clicking on the first) and click the Open button. That's it, the script should process the files (and the hidden files in the Data folder) to fix the problem.