Known Forum Issues Curently Being Worked On and Old Forum Link

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

I just got an email notice, clicked on the link, and got this (see image) error.

Dana

forum_error.jpg
    735 x 130 - 12K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yeah, they do happen sometimes, that is not a problem, just a post has been moved somewhere else. It could have been moved for a variety of reasons. very few have actually been removed, most are moved to threads where they are more relevant.

edited December 1969

But it didn't say the post doesn't exist, it said the thread doesn't exist. By the way, it was this thread.

Dana

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited June 2012

Seems to me there should be an option to auto redirect the user, clicking the auto notification link, from the moved thread to the current active thread. THIS IS NEW software, it's NOT being held together with chicken wire and bubble gum (correct?) so perhaps the web master (if there is such a person, seems not) that can look into this. This has happened to me 3 times so far!

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    But it didn't say the post doesn't exist, it said the thread doesn't exist. By the way, it was this thread.

Dana

Whole threads can be merged in the new forum. This wasn't possible in the previous forum.
  • griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Whole threads can be merged in the new forum. This wasn't possible in the previous forum.

But... this thread wasn't moved or merged, and Dana wasn't the only one who got that. I just looked at my email, clicked on the notice I had and got that error. I had to double check what topic it was and come by hand.

Since I don't see the post that it was referring to, I am assuming that the post was moved or deleted, but to say that the whole THREAD no longer exists is like... way wrong, don't you think?

edited December 1969

Yes, and this point is another one that has now been flagged up.

• MJ_VivianightMJ_Vivianight Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Re what Vaskania mentioned about the newest member section on the Forum Homepage. If you look, some of those names are showing up two and three times at once. Some right after the other and another with different new members between them. So, yes, possibly some sort of glitch to have that occur.

Cheers

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

There is a bug report on this issue, so they are aware of it.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Yes, and this point is another one that has now been flagged up.

Drat, can't embed YT! videos any more...

I think maybe you'll get better results if you do the "flagging up" like this. ;-)
    edited December 1969

Hmm, you could be right. :)

• FWIWFWIW Posts: 320
    edited December 1969

Why am I not authorized to make a new post? I can only reply. When I just tried to make a thread I got a log in page unauthorized to preform this blah blah blah error. All I wanted was some help :(

edited December 1969

Winterflame, go to your account page, log out, then log in again, then go to the forum and try again. It's flaky, I know. But when I was having problems with my log in, that's what I did and it worked for me.

The other possibility is the post count. Some boards don't let you create a topic until you've gotten to a certain level. But then again...I made a topic when I was still a new user with not very many posts, so I guess that's not it. :shut:

Dana

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

Why am I not authorized to make a new post? I can only reply. When I just tried to make a thread I got a log in page unauthorized to preform this blah blah blah error. All I wanted was some help :(

It is a known common issue. We run into it at least once a day.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Yeah, they do happen sometimes, that is not a problem, just a post has been moved somewhere else. It could have been moved for a variety of reasons. very few have actually been removed, most are moved to threads where they are more relevant.

...is there a way to find out where a specific post has been moved to? Received an ebot for a response to this thread but the link kicks back the "thread does not exist" error. Based on the time stamp, it should have been between mine and GigaBeat's posts on page 22.
  • mininessiemininessie Posts: 324
    edited December 1969

i know for the moment is not available...but i think avatars are necesary....is hard to read the forums without them..because they help to identify the poster so much faster...and who is answering ...thanks for read this! :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

We agree, but there's still stuff that's far more urgent in need of fixing first.

• mininessiemininessie Posts: 324
    edited December 1969

thanks for the reply!!!

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,992
    edited December 1969

I would imagine that it would seem a good idea at this point.
    There is probably a flood of problems that are showing up at the support desk and there are probably a large number of them that could be simply answered by the community IF WE COULD ACTUALLY FIND THEM.

I know the forums are low priority BUT... They are the welcome wagon and they help fix small problems and answer simple questions... IF WE CAN FIND THEM.

You do not want to lose new customers who feel abandoned, or that this is a half baked amateurish site... if the forums can answer the questions... then WHY risk losing a NEW customer?

Really... one of the first things I do when I think of buying new software is check out what kind of a community there is, most have forums of some sort. If I see a simple question treated poorly or ignored or that the average post is several months old, I kinda think there is not much support, interest or use for the software...

If I was brand new here and just seeing this hot steaming mess for the first time... I would PROBABLY write this place off... really, I'm not trying to be mean or overreactive or even funny... I'm just starting to get concerned thats all. Seriously you look fat in these pants and your badger is rotted (reference to another post)...

Just in case you are a newbie reading this... DAZ is much better than this. This place is not normally the way it is now. The community is friendly and very willing to help... when we can find you.

I'm jus sayin'.... ya' know...

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

/agreed

I'm glad I came in when I did (around Feb). I had a chance to see what everything was like before the changeover, so I'm sticking around hoping everything returns to it's former glory.

I'm wondering if the forum sorting issue might also be causing vendors to lose out as well. With the store being borked and products disappearing randomly, and then the threads not getting noticed properly, half the time a product may go unnoticed completely which results in a loss of revenue completely.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

I would imagine that it would seem a good idea at this point.
    There is probably a flood of problems that are showing up at the support desk and there are probably a large number of them that could be simply answered by the community IF WE COULD ACTUALLY FIND THEM.

I know the forums are low priority BUT... They are the welcome wagon and they help fix small problems and answer simple questions... IF WE CAN FIND THEM.

You do not want to lose new customers who feel abandoned, or that this is a half baked amateurish site... if the forums can answer the questions... then WHY risk losing a NEW customer?

Really... one of the first things I do when I think of buying new software is check out what kind of a community there is, most have forums of some sort. If I see a simple question treated poorly or ignored or that the average post is several months old, I kinda think there is not much support, interest or use for the software...

If I was brand new here and just seeing this hot steaming mess for the first time... I would PROBABLY write this place off... really, I'm not trying to be mean or overreactive or even funny... I'm just starting to get concerned thats all. Seriously you look fat in these pants and your badger is rotted (reference to another post)...

Just in case you are a newbie reading this... DAZ is much better than this. This place is not normally the way it is now. The community is friendly and very willing to help... when we can find you.

Agreeing with this! I realize that DAZ sees the forum problems as a lower-priority issue, but that discounts how the community supports the store and helps DAZ and the PAs make money.
  • adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Merging into the existing topic for Forum issues.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

We all know it's flaky, but it works in a half-baked way.

Eg., if you want to buy something, and clicks 'Add to cart' it'll seemingly not respond correctly. But that's not true, the item you've added are in the cart. The 'trick' is to go to 'My Account' and open the cart there as it'll probably have the right amount of stuff in it. That's the fastest way to get things I've discovered (got Breaking Waves and Killzones this way). The price also came out correct, and it seems the old CC info that I deleted, stay deleted.

So, there's light in the end of the tunnel. :)

Ohh, yeah, speaking of tunnels.....

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/184/P60/#17177

(No, that's not the DAZ webteam getting swamped, btw!)

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,992
    edited June 2012

QUOTE: "Merging into the existing topic for Forum issues."

Okay... Great... So now what MIGHT have been an important point is now merged into a thread along with 3 week old complaints about not being able to post images and that we need more smiley emoticons...

Nothing personal, but that sort comes across as "Yeah we know... NEXT!" I can get that at the DMV- anytime.

The merge thread feature is nice... BUT... overused it might be just short of "We know there are problems, quite frankly who cares... we'll get to it when we do..."
    Sort works like the "Suggestions Box" mounted on a paper shredder, yeah?

Not for nothing, I understand reducing clutter but who is going to look through this thread that is already 24 pages long and lost GOD KNOWS WHERE in the forums, which was the point of my post in the first place?

Megh.

Post edited by McGyver on
    edited June 2012

You have been merged into the thread that is the official thread on forum Issues. It is the thread that is being monitored and new issues noted and passed on.

It is sticky, at the top of the Commons.

By merging threads which bring up forum issues we make it possible for the issues to be monitored,

Post edited by Chohole on
  • de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited June 2012

When merging posts, I would like to request that the Admin or Mod specify which post was merged.
    A post that merely says "Merging into the existing topic for Forum issues", is just confusing.

Thanks.

Post edited by de3an on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Usually there will be multiple posts, possibly (though rarely) a large number of them. It isn't going to be practical to flag them I'm afraid.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited December 1969

5 days and I have not received a response on my ticket to get a serial number for GenX? Anyone else have this issue? Anyone get a serial number recently? Any known fixes? Trying to be patient...

• Strange VoyagerStrange Voyager Posts: 389
    edited December 1969

I never did receive any sort of acknowledgement from anyone other than Aundrea that I had submitted a problem.. Never did get to pay for my order, and my May PC voucher went away with the new store.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

I never did receive any sort of acknowledgement from anyone other than Aundrea that I had submitted a problem.. Never did get to pay for my order, and my May PC voucher went away with the new store.

The May PC voucher was converted to Store Credit, which does not expire.