going to install 4.5,what about my old stuff?

FabeFabe Posts: 212

OK I'm going to install 4.5 but I would like to how whats going to happen to all my current content. Am I going to lose all of it requiring me to reinstall it all or will it still be there after 4.5 is up and running?

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Depends on where it is and how it's currently mapped to DS.

If it's under Program Files (like it would be for XP, if you are using Windows), then, while not quite 'getting rid' of it (it will still be there, physically), it just may not show up. Same with if it's all in a Poser Runtime setup. If you are using 4.0, it will uninstall (you may have to it manually) all the 'included' content, but not the user added stuff. You will need to install the Genesis Essentials package to get that back.

• FabeFabe Posts: 212
    edited December 1969

Well I think I got most of my content in my documents/daz folder but I think there is some of stuff in the program files as well. guess I'll just have to install and then look though a see what needs to be reinstalled/

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Don't forget to get the script to update your .dsf clothes, hair, etc. so DS4.5 can use them. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/740/

If you get the "duplicate IDs" error, this should fix it.

edited December 1969

Fabe_ca said:
    Well I think I got most of my content in my documents/daz folder but I think there is some of stuff in the program files as well. guess I'll just have to install and then look though a see what needs to be reinstalled/

You could simply cut/paste the content to the documents folder and be done with it...

• FabeFabe Posts: 212
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Fabe_ca said:

You could simply cut/paste the content to the documents folder and be done with it...

Well it looks like I don't have any content in my current;y installed daz 4 Program folder but I do have plenty in my old daz 3 program folder. I guessing I should move the stuff over to the 4.5 documents folder after i install it.

edited December 1969

If it's a 3 setup, it may be quicker/easier to map to it in 4.5...especially if it's a large amount of data.