Daz Studio 4 install Metadeta question

edited December 1969 in The Commons

I read that installing Genesis content you have to install to Daz/My Library folder whereas before I always installed stuff to /content, but is that also where we install the MetaData stuff? What about Genesis clothes? Or should we be installing any and all new Daz content to My Library instead of /content?

Comments

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,901
    edited December 1969

There seems to be a lot of confusion on this. You can basically install your content to anywhere you like, as long as that path is listed under DAZ Studio and Poser Formats in the Content Directory Manager. The default is My Library.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,818
    edited December 1969

And 4.5 at least will find morph sets that are in a different folder from the base - though you have to work hard to get them there, and I wouldn't advise trying it.

• edited December 1969

So only Genesis morphs need to be in My Library, but genesis clothes and metadeta can be in a regular content folder?

edited December 1969

Yes. You would need to specify the content folder path in Content Directory manager.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Genesis morphs need to be installed to the same place you chose to install content when installing DS4.x. The default is My Library, but if you chose a different location, then you need to use that location for Genesis morphs.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,818
    edited December 1969

So only Genesis morphs need to be in My Library, but genesis clothes and metadeta can be in a regular content folder?

Nothing has to be in "My Library", as the good doc said that's just the default path. Tjough it's true some freebies, and even commercial products, include a My Library folder which is a bit of a fiddle.

• edited May 2012

This is very confusing. One of you said install anywhere another said install in content and now theres My Library as a maybe... I guess I'll just start installing a couple things then I can come back here and ask again for help afterwards :/

Daz 3 was much easier >.>

By the way this thread doesnt show up for me in the commons, I can see it as new post in the multiple forum selection when its the top thread, but when I come to the commons its not there so I have to link to it from the email notice of new post...

Post edited by thatbumzzz_788e56ddf1 on
    edited May 2012

There is a bug in that "Threads newly posted to will not pop back to the top of the list. All Threads remain stationary regardless of new posts to them." They are apparently trying to fix it.

Actually, DAZ3 uses the same principle. It uses Content, whereas DS4 uses My Library.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • DarlaSDarlaS Posts: 50
    edited June 2012

Hello,

I'm not sure if this where I should post this but it was the closest tread I could find on the subject at hand.

I understand that add-ons for Genesis and V5 have to be installed in the same place and all but when I try to install them there it gives me an error message.

The ones I'm trying to install are Genesis Morphs, Gabi for V5, and Tori for V5. They all give me the same error message.

I'm not computer illiterate (at least in my opinion) but I think my comptuer is program illiterate.

Nevermind.......I got it.

Post edited by DarlaS on
    edited December 1969

DarlaS said:
    Hello,

I'm not sure if this where I should post this but it was the closest tread I could find on the subject at hand.

I understand that add-ons for Genesis and V5 have to be installed in the same place and all but when I try to install them there it gives me an error message.

The ones I'm trying to install are Genesis Morphs, Gabi for V5, and Tori for V5. They all give me the same error message.

I'm not computer illiterate (at least in my opinion) but I think my comptuer is program illiterate.

It should be installed in the same directory as Genesis, which is usually My Library.

• DarlaSDarlaS Posts: 50
    edited June 2012

DarlaS said:
    Hello,

It should be installed in the same directory as Genesis, which is usually My Library.

Thanks and I got it to work after I posted.

EDIT: That normally happens to me. When I complain about it and then go back to it, it all works out.

Post edited by DarlaS on