Any one know what cat was used in the new "The Living Room Collection" freebee?

talihawktalihawk Posts: 86
edited December 1969 in New Users

Any one know what cat was used in the new "The Living Room Collection" freebee?

Thanks!

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The Promo's were done by DS so I would say the Mil Cat with one of the add on textures.

• talihawktalihawk Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

It looks like it's actually fuzzy too but the 'realistic fur' item says it's only for carrera?

edited December 1969

Fur shader, Daz has those as well. And very good artist to get the results that you see. A Fur shader comes with the Supersuit Fantasy set.

Remember DS has all the content at is finger tips, and people who know how to use all of it to it's very best.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Pendraia did some really cute fur shaders for the Mil Cat a while back as well. Here's the page on her site.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited November 2012

Post edited by mjc1016 on
    edited December 1969

Pendraia did some really cute fur shaders for the Mil Cat a while back as well. Here's the page on her site.

And the third one down looks like it may be the winner...

Too bad I loathe Siamese cats (every one I've ever met was the most annoying a cat could be), the one she has there looks great.

edited November 2012

mjc1016 said:

And the third one down looks like it may be the winner...

Too bad I loathe Siamese cats (every one I've ever met was the most annoying a cat could be), the one she has there looks great.I so wish I had known about those a year ago. I could have reverse engineered them to do one of my characters with. Thanks for the Link.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the link SickleYield.

edited December 1969

You're welcome!

Pen has been very generous about letting her shaders be picked at for learning purposes. The way that she got the fur directional on the cat sets has been of most use to me personally.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

You're welcome!

Pen has been very generous about letting her shaders be picked at for learning purposes. The way that she got the fur directional on the cat sets has been of most use to me personally.

thanks Sickle...the network was developed with a lot of help from Syndaryl and Yacomo. Glad to hear that it's been useful to someone! : )

I've been lucky enough to get help from others(you included)...so it's nice to know that something I've done has been useful for someone.

Hugs

Pen

edited December 1969

Hugs back! :)

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited November 2012

Thank you so much for the shaders Pendraia and the link, SickleYield :cheese: I'm going to do a render with a cat and I grabbed the Millennium Cat when it was on sale during the PC anniversary =^.^=

Post edited by 3dLux on
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much for the shaders Pendraia and the link, SickleYield :cheese: I'm going to do a render with a cat and I grabbed the Millennium Cat when it was on sale during the PC anniversary =^.^=
    glad you like them...make sure your read the info with them as it will help you to get a good result.
  • talihawktalihawk Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

will these shaders only work on the full version of the millennium cat? or will it work on the LE model too?

edited December 1969

talihawk said:
    will these shaders only work on the full version of the millennium cat? or will it work on the LE model too?
    You will need to own the texture set that these shaders are based on. The file doesn't contain the texture maps only the network from shadermixer.

IIRC the LE is mapped the same as the full version...it just doesn't contain the morphs. I can't swear to it though as it's been a long while since I've looked at the LE version and the shaders were not tested against it. That said I can't see why it wouldn't work if you own the texture files. It does contain the displacement map though...

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

I tried the shaders.... However, wasn/t able to get them to look like the picture. I couldn't find a dial to dial the hair down, so kitty looked like cousin It! lol.

edited December 1969

Min/Max values on the Displacement control the length of the hair. I believe it loads at a max value of 1.0 or 2,0 (which will be cm) if I recall...drop it down to 0.5 or so. Also, shading rates of 0.1 (Advanced Render options) or lower are needed for best results (high render times). SubD also helps 'refine' the fur...

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Min/Max values on the Displacement control the length of the hair. I believe it loads at a max value of 1.0 or 2,0 (which will be cm) if I recall...drop it down to 0.5 or so. Also, shading rates of 0.1 (Advanced Render options) or lower are needed for best results (high render times). SubD also helps 'refine' the fur...
    thanks mjc... Iirc at time of release it was more about getting the network out for people to play with. I'm surprised it came out too long but there have been a lot of changes to shader mixer since it was released including it coming out of beta. I'm actually surprised it still works at all iirc some of the bricks used have changed at least their names if nothing else.
    edited December 1969

It and the FuzzyWuzzy/Chenile shaders all come in at 1 or 2 for the max settings, but they all work.