Aiko 5?

RPGMaker247RPGMaker247 Posts: 146
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Is DAZ planning on making an Aiko 5? Or has the Aiko series/character line finished with Aiko 4?

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited November 2012

Daz_Kevin recently stated that no product lines are discontinued. He also said they do not guarantee each character will come out each generation.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:
    Aiko is not "discontinued" We have no information beyond this to share at this time, but NO DAZ FIGURE LINES have been discontinued.

Hiro 5 is what became of the male counter part to Hitomi. He was designed with Hitomi in mind aesthetically.
    Really? But why? What happened that made DAZ discontinue Aiko? I am a bit upset to see this, but now I'm just more curious and confused.

Also, does this mean David is officially out of the deal for good as well?

Nothing it ruled out. That is not a promise we will make every figure for every generation, but none are discontinued.

Does that mean Luke and Laura are still a candidate? (This will just give me some peace of mind lol)

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8512/P90

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    edited December 1969

I wonder if users ever use the sliders to alter the default body shapes since we always get requests for certain figures like Aiko 5 and such. With the existing morphs, plus all the gen 4 options that GenX gives you, I really see endless possibilities for figure creation with genesis, which makes me wonder if users only use what is point and click and don't go beyond that.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

What's really in a name?

Hitomi is your girl for a while, considering she is to Aiko asTakashi is to Hiro 5 (in terms of improvements over the last generation). Maybe she can be put on sale.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited December 1969

...With the existing morphs, plus all the gen 4 options that GenX gives you,...

Not everyone has a large catalog of gen4 characters, GenX, or the desire to collect these. Also, conversions rarely work as well as native.

edited November 2012

which makes me wonder if users only use what is point and click and don't go beyond that.

With all the nude Jasmins I see on DA I would say there are a lot of people that don't tweak characters at all. Well they dial in some boobs.

One of the product types my company sells is custom artwork. But 70% of people who are drawn to the custom art category tend to buy the presets we have displayed. So only 30% of people take the time to put a custom frame on or change the colors of the image.

There are a percentage of DS/Poser users that are drawn to being able to render the characters that are sold, while some of us like to add them to our genepool/toolkit.

edited December 1969

Gedd said:

Not everyone has a large catalog of gen4 characters, GenX, or the desire to collect these. Also, conversions rarely work as well as native.

Even without GenX there are plenty of options to make great characters with Genesis. While heads were harder to manipulate with Gen4 IMO, they are much easier now. Especially if we are talking looking for an new Aiko like character (which stock hitomi is not).

You just need to get either A3/A4 shape for genesis, dietryings 182 V4 morphs for genesis and your choice of one or two more resources and you can do a lot. You don't need a ton to be able to create a ton.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:

i totally disagree on the later, I have 10 of my fav custom V4 FBMs (including GND4 and Alice) loaded on genesis along with my most used V4 morphs and all the genesis morphs and I have yet to encounter a problem with using any combo of any of them with genesis or in fitting clothes, Creating characters is half the fun for me.

it was merely an observation since people are always asking for specific figures and I found it odd considering what can be achieved with genesis already. i thought creativity was a prerequisite for being artistic, LOL.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:

i totally disagree on the later, I have 10 of my fav custom V4 FBMs (including GND4 and Alice) loaded on genesis along with my most used V4 morphs and all the genesis morphs and I have yet to encounter a problem with using any combo of any of them with genesis or in fitting clothes, Creating characters is half the fun for me.

it was merely an observation since people are always asking for specific figures and I found it odd considering what can be achieved with genesis already. i thought creativity was a prerequisite for being artistic, LOL.

You have to remember, Poser and DS users are majority hobbyists. Just because many of us are geeky enough to go beyond that doesn't change that fact. That's why you find so many NVIATWAS renders on DA. Most are just playing and not really striving for creativity, or aren't imaginative enough to realize how uncreative they really are.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

Well they dial in some boobs.

So that's where I've been going wrong! I mostly dial the boobs down!

edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    Also, conversions rarely work as well as native.

I disagree. I mostly use stock figures, but a lot I tweak, such as using an A4 or G4 figure with the A4 or G4 dialled right down to create a realistic figure, or going at it from scratch and potentially with a skin from one figure used on another - I recently custom dialled a V3 figure, used an L3 skin, and then brought both over to Genesis using Gen-X and TC2.

And let's not forget, most commercial figures use dialled bodies, which is precisely the process we're using.

edited December 1969

nude Jasmins

Now that's just disturbing!

edited November 2012

DWG said:
    nude Jasmins

Yeah one render is stuck in my head actually. She's a solid base to tweak into something else but her stock head and stock hair don't work for me in fashion I've seen.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Daz_Kevin recently stated that no product lines are discontinued. He also said they do not guarantee each character will come out each generation.

Not that I'm still complaining, I don't see why they wouldn't. Especially now where Genesis is supposed to be the wide open gate for anything and everything one can throw into the genepool.

But yeah, Imposer12. For now it appears as though Hitomi is filling in for Aiko this round. Though, then again, that doesn't necessarily say Aiko WON'T be marketed in other ways either. The way how I see Hitomi in regards to Aiko is the same way how I see Stephanie in regards to Victoria, just an extra aspect of the same genre.

You know, when you look at it that way, we might as well should just start calling her "Hitomi 5" (even though she isn't a DAZ Original). Because of this, I am seriously in the process of listing all of Hitomi's major content into a hypothetical Iconic "Pro Bundle". ;)

edited December 1969

DWG said:
    nude Jasmins

Yeah one render is stuck in my head actually. She's a solid base to tweak into something else but her stock head and stock hair don't work for me in fashion I've seen.

Are there any of Jason? ;)

edited November 2012

Are there any of Jason? ;)

LOL usually two Jasmins. One with Nata hair, other with princess hair. *sigh* It's tough being an admin on DA...you see a lot of stuff.

EDIT: Thinking about that people would say the same about my stuff too. But oh well ;)

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Browsing DA can lead to the need for serious therapy.:ohh:

edited December 1969

I did therapy once. Realized it wasn't for me. Therapist aren't that smart, so it's hard for them to convince you to do stuff that doesn't make sense. Or second, you can trick them into thinking you are normal! It's not hard. just dress properly and talk normally.

on a side note I've learned to not look at stuff you don't like. Sometimes you get caught off guard, but really don't focus on stuff that isn't right for you. If you think dA is bad stay off Tumblr. OMG that place needs real filters bad...

edited December 1969

I did therapy once. Realized it wasn't for me. Therapist aren't that smart, so it's hard for them to convince you to do stuff that doesn't make sense. Or second, you can trick them into thinking you are normal! It's not hard. just dress properly and talk normally.

on a side note I've learned to not look at stuff you don't like. Sometimes you get caught off guard, but really don't focus on stuff that isn't right for you. If you think dA is bad stay off Tumblr. OMG that place needs real filters bad...
    Better yet, if you think dA is bad, stay CLEAN away from 4 CHAN!