Genesis Super Suit Fantasy pack , how many parts/installers for pc or mac ?

nocturnalstormnocturnalstorm Posts: 25
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi

I have just purchased the Genesis Super Suit - Fantasy Pack,
when I got to my download page it shows double ... 2 of each installer ...what I would like to know is , how many installers/parts should their be ?

Thanks for the help

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,135
    edited December 1969

Mine works with just the single DL for PC:
    14527_Supersuit_fantasy_pack_1.0_ds.exe
    (I never bother to DL Metadata, as this is incljuded in the main installer anyway.)
    This may not be the right version number - I expect the latest installer will be 1.1 or higher (I haven't redownloaded recentlyas I'm still on DS4.0 and it works OK for me there)

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Please let me know what version number you have. If it's 1.1 or even 1.2, that means it's been updated like it should have.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775
    edited December 1969

I am thinking of getting the Super Suit now that it's on sale (been drooling over the Pro Bundle since it was first released). Does anybody know if it works right when imported into Poser? From what I can tell it uses a lot of specialized material presets and Studio handles those differently. I don't mind tinkering a bit in the Materials Room if I must, but not if it's gonna be a hair-pulling, migraine-inducing, cats-dogs-horses-and-neighbors-scared-out-of-their-britches-by-all-the-cussin' & howlin' experience.

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

I'll let someone else answer the Poser side of your question since I have no idea. But I will give you fair warning. There are TWO suits that come with the Supersuit. The main suit, which is seen in the promos, and a Basic Suit.

The Basic Suit's UV's are skrewed up, which makes it impossible to do textures. Please go here and add your voice so Daz will fix a problem that should have been months ago instead of letting a product be partially broken.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8677/

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
    edited December 1969

I'll let someone else answer the Poser side of your question since I have no idea. But I will give you fair warning. There are TWO suits that come with the Supersuit. The main suit, which is seen in the promos, and a Basic Suit.

The Basic Suit's UV's are skrewed up, which makes it impossible to do textures. Please go here and add your voice so Daz will fix a problem that should have been months ago instead of letting a product be partially broken.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8677/

I just got the basic Supersuit package today and as you say there are two suits in it. The Basic Suit seems to work with the shaders, while you have to jump through hoops to get the shaders to work with the Supersuit. As I have only been playing with it for one day, there are most likely several things I do not yet know about the product, so I cannot say anything with certainty at this time. Undoubtedly though, it is quite a complex product. I will be spending a lot of time familiarizing myself with the suit.
    I did notice that certain files take a good bit more time to load into the scene. And If you try clicking your mouse in any way during this process, you get the DAZ Studio 4.5 (Not Responding) message. It is best just to allow the load time to complete itself before continuing to compose a scene.
    I don't think it wise to try exporting the Genesis character with the Supersuit to Bryce via the Bridge at this time. The reason I say this is because in my experience smaller sized files will cause a crash during this process, and I am loath to see how bad this size of file would be.
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

I don't have any problems with the shaders and the supersuit. The easiest way I find is to use the surface selection tool to select the surfaces you want in the viewport, this also selects the suit and then apply the shader.
    The Supersuit preset can take a while to load as there are alot of surfaces for the shaders to be applied to.

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
    edited December 1969

As an artist that likes using multiple applications to work on a piece, I was wondering what you would do to get the Genesis figure along with the Supersuit imported into Bryce. I understand that shaping, material, and texture settings would be best done in DAZ Studio; but with the size of the materials and textures files being so large, would it not be better to export as a .obj with these included in the file? I understand that animations would not be able to go this route, but I do not use Bryce very often for animating.
    Another way to go might be to export the prepared figure with the suit, sans suit materials and textures, but with the figure's materials and textures applied. I'm still not sure if the bridge could handle this, because the suit has a lot of shaping and material zones. Not sure about the Basic Suit, but from what I have seen in the content library, it does too. So if you are trying to move all three, (Genesis, Supersuit, and Basic Suit), to Bryce, I think the Bridge would more than likely cause a crash.
    What are your thoughts concerning this?

• jaunke_29fff27795jaunke_29fff27795 Posts: 144
    edited November 2012

Please let me know what version number you have. If it's 1.1 or even 1.2, that means it's been updated like it should have.

14527_SupersuitFantasyPack_1.1, recent download. Last week or so. :cheese:.

Edit: Just 1 installer on PC.

Grtz Jean-Claude

Post edited by jaunke_29fff27795 on