Problem installing Genesis starter essentials in Poser

SmileyWitchFaerieSmileyWitchFaerie Posts: 77
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello,
I finally decided to try out DSON with Poser 9 and that installed fine, but I'm having a problem getting the Genesis Essentials content to show up in my Poser library. I'm installing it to an external where my DS4 is installed with a working library. I did the installs just as the documentation says to do it and still it doesn't show up. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you :)

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

You installed the CF (companion File) installer to the folder you have selected as an external library - the folder that holds the folder named "Runtime"?

• SmileyWitchFaerieSmileyWitchFaerie Posts: 77
    edited November 2012

Yes, I installed it to my DS 4.5 Library. When I called DAZ 2 weeks ago for issues with DS 4.5 install Craig explained that the library couldn't be in the same place as DS 4.5 So he had me make a separate folder on the external to install content to while he was still on the phone with me.

Post edited by SmileyWitchFaerie on
    edited December 1969

Could you post a screenshot of the Poser library panel, showing the library that should have your DS items available?

edited December 1969

Hi Richard sorry for taking so long, and thank you for replying. I'm having a bit of a problem adding the screen cap :(

DS_Content_Poser_9.jpg
    768 x 730 - 69K
    edited December 1969

And DS Content is the folder you've been pointing the installers to? What folders does it contain, according to the OS rather than Poser?

edited November 2012

My DS library is installed in P:\ DS Conent. and this is the list of the folders in there, which do show up in DS itself.
    Thanks again :)

aniBlocks
    Animals
    Camera Presets
    data
    DAZ Studio Tutorials
    Light Presets
    People
    Props
    ReadMe's
    Runtime
    Scenes
    Scripts
    Shader Presets
    Edit to add:
    Reinstalled poser and ds along with ds's content folders in another drive. Don't know why it wouldn't work with my original DS content though. Go figure :/

Post edited by SmileyWitchFaerie on