Where did Genesis Go?

I just installed 4.5 ( whatever decimal, the last one! ), and it edited my old 3.1. Found that very odd seeing they are 'supposed' to be separate entities. I was able to fix that one and get 3 back like I had it. Took two days, but I did it.

After the new install from 4.1 to 4.5, the base Genesis figure went MIA! I looked in every file/folder, it wasn't there! So I went through the process again, and added D|S 4.5 to my cart, so I could get the base Genesis files again. Downloaded and installed the Genesis Basic Essentials again, and still Genesis does not come up in any of folders. I know it's there as I van load V5. You can't load her without Genesis. But, Genesis on its own is not loadable anywhere from my folders and files. So, where or where did my Genesis go?

This is getting more and more frustrating as the software does not actually advance, it kicks you in the face and laughs. The new content management is horrid! As people can see by all the complaints here. You have to add the "POSER" files for new content to show up? What is going on with that?

Man! I wish I could just ask a question without the anger, but thats just not possible anymore. I am not new to the software, yet I may just be new to other software soon if a fully stable version of D|S isn't written.

Now that I have vented..........

So where did my base Genesis go? Why did it vanish? Why doesn't my old "Migrated" content show up in my files? There are just too many questions!

I'm not happy being a lab rat you can test on. It's not fair to me or any users.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,822
    edited December 1969

The content has been split from the application - you need to install the Genesis Starter Essentials, which should be in your downloads.

• edited December 1969

I did that. Twice!
    Why was it split?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I did that. Twice!
    Why was it split?

Where did you install the Genesis Starter Essentials into. Was it the default My Library folder? Does it show up in the Content Library under DAZ Studio Formats > My Library > People?

Splitting the content from the main installer was a good idea IMO, it means that people who don't want the content can have a much smaller download.

Also you don't say what OS you are using, and whether DS 4.5 it is 32 bit or 64 bit version. Where sdid you insatll the main installer into?

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

once the data is installed do the following:
    Go to the Smart Content Tab > Options Menu (picture 1) > Select Content DB maintenance...

Reset Database > Accept

Now go back to the Select Content DB Maintenance... > Re-Import Metadata... > Accept

See if that will show your content again.

See images below, they may be out of order but you should be able to follow it.

Pict_3.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 192K
    Pict_2.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 192K
    Pict_1.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 185K
  • edited December 1969

Yes is was installed in the right location.

Windows 7, 64 Bit, but I am using the 32 Bit version of Studio.

I did all the Content Management and MeteData resets, didn't work. Uninstalled and reinstalled, reloaded everything, and that seems to clear this one up.

Though, now more them half of my old migrated content appears to be missing. Folders are there, but they are empty.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Migrated content will take many Migrations before it all transfers. I'm still finding missing items after (trust me) many migrations.