Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?

Comments

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Suzuran said:
    Yeah that is M5 Hero alright but more importantly is that amazing texture and how well you got the armor to convert

As for the armor, I converted it like:
    1) Load Genesis and M4
    2) Resize and change the pose in the parts of M4 as close as default Genesis.
    3) Load the armor, make each parts fit to M4 (so it almost looks like Genesis is wearing the armor)
    4) Export the parts (separatedly) as obj file.
    5) New scene and load Genesis
    6) Import the part of armor
    7) Asset > Transfer Utility > Source: Genesis, Scene Item: the part of Armor

It's a little better than using TU on the default armor, I think. the armor can't keep the morph in this way. But Coalition Rapier did not have many morphs. :)
    Hope my English is enough to understand. ^-^;

That's Perfect Thank Youu!

• SuzuranSuzuran Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Suzuran said:
    Yeah that is M5 Hero alright but more importantly is that amazing texture and how well you got the armor to convert

As for the armor, I converted it like:
    1) Load Genesis and M4
    2) Resize and change the pose in the parts of M4 as close as default Genesis.
    3) Load the armor, make each parts fit to M4 (so it almost looks like Genesis is wearing the armor)
    4) Export the parts (separatedly) as obj file.
    5) New scene and load Genesis
    6) Import the part of armor
    7) Asset > Transfer Utility > Source: Genesis, Scene Item: the part of Armor

It's a little better than using TU on the default armor, I think. the armor can't keep the morph in this way. But Coalition Rapier did not have many morphs. :)
    Hope my English is enough to understand. ^-^;

That's Perfect Thank Youu!

You're welcome. Hope you'll get good results. :)

• ChimneyphishChimneyphish Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Gambit...'nuff said.

Gambit_web.jpg
    612 x 792 - 255K
  • mephoriamephoria Posts: 120
    edited December 1969

Did this one for the $1 items (Aiden and Dinette Set), but it fits in here as well....

Title: Secret Lair
    Render: DS4.5P

Secret_Lair_(small).jpg
    600 x 450 - 61K
  • ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    edited December 1969

My contributions...

Render_7.jpg
    520 x 600 - 94K
    hulkgladiator6.jpg
    520 x 600 - 108K
    um641.jpg
    600 x 518 - 97K
    um642b.jpg
    600 x 459 - 163K
  • LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Cool image Cagnazzo82, he looks oddly familiar though... ;-P

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hmm... American Crusader may look familer but I for one find the suit to be Awsome. That is some great work.

• flashbackflashback Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Awesome suit Cagnazzo, but I must say I love the character (who does not look like Michael Fox!)
    ;-)

• ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

some promo images i made for the suit....

PROMO_2_CLEAN_VERSION.jpg
    615 x 800 - 278K
    DAZ_HERO_PROMO.jpg
    615 x 800 - 243K
    all.jpg
    800 x 615 - 449K
    edited December 1969

Here's a new original superhero I created by the name of American Crusader :)

He's a late 21st century superhero with a giant vibranium shield but he mostly uses firearms to fight, with his physical strength being reserved as a last resort.

Full Version: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7242/7292533504_4dac4dbd85_o.jpg

Ooh. Great work! I guess the tattered part of the suit is using opacity? It made him sexier. :D The details in the background looks awesome, too.

By the way, thank you very much for the tips and link to the Superman suit in the former forum. It helped me so much. :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited May 2012

So, posting the image of my player character in our long-running Marvel campaign. Original character; mutant; has powers of flight, invisibility and cyberpathy; the core idea is a grey-hat hacker and reality-maintainer. She is good friends with Forge and some other tech people.

Oh boy. She looks pissed off. Wonder why?

Ah. Of course. Magic, and its related by-products, like demons. Also known as "total bull****" in her lingo, as she dislikes magic for its unpredictability and concepts that are alien to her highly technological nature; she regards it as "cheat codes to reality". Despite this, she's also friends with some magic-flingers... but hostiles get their asses kicked with extra vehemence and order not to come back ever again.

Items used:
    Skin: Niara (with customizations that aren't visible at the moment)
    Addition Hairstyle
    Supersuit (with custom material zones; Dzfire's raytraced gunmetal, Supersuit's carbon fiber mesh, rubber mesh, hexagonal dark mesh; custom insignia & chestplate diffuse map)
    Power Glaive from Scifi Melee Weapons (with a custom shaft out of cylinder primitive; blue steel shader from Supersuit)
    Nybras
    Dystopia Cityblocks 2x2 01-10 (resized 12000%)
    Skydome from Dystopia Blocks
    Aiden's lights

Lakshya-cityscape-vs-demon2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 404K
    Lakshya-cityscape-closeup2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 283K
    Post edited by Skiriki on
  • BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 791
    edited December 1969

This is my first image post in the forums. The scene was rendered in Carrara 8.5 without post processing. Spider-man textures and mask on M4 are from Joe Quick. Mary Jane is V4 with Lana Elite texture and tons of custom morph dials. Tin Pan Alley by Stonemason.

Couple_in_TinPanAlley.png
    800 x 600 - 791K
    edited December 1969

Yes, actually. I made a quick opacity map with some rip brushes. And the Superman Suit is one of my all-time favorites. I've never actually tested the full suit's fit on Genesis, but I might try it out now that Daz 4.5 allows for such amazing fits with bodysuits :)

Oh, and btw, great renders Izi. The guy with the yellow metallic suit almost reminds me of Shocker. It might be fun making a variation of him battling Spiderman.

Thank you for the tip!
    Is Transfer Utility in D|S 4.5RC such better than 4.0? I'm interested in it but DAZ said that installing 4.5 will uninstall 4.0...

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
    edited December 1969

Here's my attempt, on my old computer (hence the very basic render and not much detail). No postwork, as you can no doubt tell.

plague_2.jpg
    798 x 560 - 34K
    plague_pic_1.jpg
    755 x 690 - 37K
  • PGandaraPGandara Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

hello, im very happy of the thread continues here :) and maybe someone can help me to find a Hawkeye quiver, freebie or not, (better if is a freebie ;) )

• crikettcrikett Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

Haven't had too much time to play around with Poser and all of late... but yesterday decided to take a shot at something inspired by Giant Size #1... in the end I never liked the original team composited in behind the broken page, so I just went with the "new" team (can't really see all the detail in either of these, but here they are nonetheless):

GenesisF2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 347K
    GenesisF.jpg
    800 x 833 - 277K
    edited December 1969

This is my first image post in the forums. The scene was rendered in Carrara 8.5 without post processing. Spider-man textures and mask on M4 are from Joe Quick. Mary Jane is V4 with Lana Elite texture and tons of custom morph dials. Tin Pan Alley by Stonemason.

Looks great, there aren't enough spidey renders on these new forums yet.

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 791
    edited June 2012

Thanks Loaar,

Spider-man is my favorite.

Here's another one. M4 Spider-man texture and mask from Joe Quick and Sturkwurks (I think). The Silver Surfer is just M4 with a chrome texture and Ice Boy's NoEars morph. Background is Urban Sprawl2 from Stonemason. His stuff is incredible.

I added a quick Iron Man render that I did. Iron Man from Zikeo with my own textures.

Hope you like them.

Iron_Man_Silhouette.png
    600 x 800 - 354K
    photo.PNG
    800 x 600 - 618K
    Post edited by BrianP21361 on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Loaar,

Spider-man is my favorite.

Here's another one. M4 Spider-man texture and mask from Joe Quick and Sturkwurks (I think). The Silver Surfer is just M4 with a chrome texture and Ice Boy's NoEars morph. Background is Urban Sprawl2 from Stonemason. His stuff is incredible.

I added a quick Iron Man render that I did. Iron Man from Zikeo with my own textures.

Hope you like them.

Very cool take on the spidey pic, and the Iron Man one is amazing. Would love to see that in an action themed render.

• PGandaraPGandara Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

my last render: The Avengers

avengers_resize.jpg
    800 x 559 - 250K
    edited December 1969

A little more playing around to mess with some post work technique for torn clothing... partial success I think:

LastManF.jpg
    800 x 700 - 357K
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

I've been learning to use D|S4 and decided to start out by making Supes. Here's 3 shots of the same pose and background from different angles.

superman_side_forum.jpg
    800 x 600 - 170K
    superman_rear_forum.jpg
    800 x 600 - 154K
    superman_fron_forumt.jpg
    800 x 600 - 167K
    edited June 2012

I know the boots need work but I can't add a trans map and diffuse map to the top of the Super Boots without a good texture template: same problem with the Supersuit, so I used the G-suit. The Super Cape came with a good texture map so no problem there. Pulled my hair out until I found out the Super Boots don't like to be smoothed. I'm having the same problem with the back of the Super Belt that's already been reported but it doesn't show here. These are 3Delight renders with some filter work in PS in post. Hope my next D|S project doesn't take so long. :)

Post edited by TJohn on
  • JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited December 1969

Kilowog again, same morph and suit as on page one, just did him up using traditional shaders as opposed to the visual style ones.

WogDS.jpg
    500 x 650 - 261K
  • Eric WaltersEric Walters Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

Looking good![

quote author="spiderpity" date="1338949573"]my last render: The Avengers

edited December 1969

Decided to finish up something I started awhile back: a different take on issue #140...

XM140F.jpg
    800 x 600 - 237K
    edited December 1969

Freak 4 as the Modern Thor, used supersuit shaders on the outfit, Hal's hammer.

modernthor3.jpg
    500 x 650 - 179K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

That's very nice!

edited June 2012

I was going through my render folder and thought I'd post the two other Thors I'd done over the years before this one: Apollo Maximus Modern Thor and an M4 Chris Samnee Thor the Mighty Avenger inspired design. Apollo is from 2010, and Samnee Thor is from this time around last year?

Render-8.jpg
    375 x 600 - 84K
    Render-11.jpg
    800 x 600 - 134K
    marvels1000x600.jpg
    600 x 375 - 155K
    joequick201003191850241.jpg
    500 x 800 - 141K
    Post edited by JoeQuick on
    edited December 1969

Howard the Duck was an Avenger? Great comic book, crappy movie (Howard the Duck, that is). Cool pics, BTW!

This discussion has been closed.