Star Trek Builders Unite 2 "Renderings on the Edge of Forever"

Comments

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

I mean something like the males wearing,since we did see female Klingons in armor, too. "Matter of Honor" being a good example.

Then you're talking the standard Klingon uniform- which hasn't changed since the TOS movies introduced them.

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 698
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    I mean something like the males wearing,since we did see female Klingons in armor, too. "Matter of Honor" being a good example.

Then you're talking the standard Klingon uniform- which hasn't changed since the TOS movies introduced them.

Alright, but is there one for V4?

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited November 2012

mdbruffy said:

That I don't know. But now that we've cleared that up, do you want the standard or do you want the Duras Sisters?

Edit: These shots are from Generations. But they were in several episodes, too.

generationshd1331.jpg
    1920 x 806 - 150K
    generationshd1150.jpg
    1920 x 806 - 200K
    generationshd1105.jpg
    1920 x 806 - 149K
    Post edited by mdbruffy on
  • PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited November 2012

First page is done.

**** UPDATE ****

A kind sir by the name of Thalek pointed out some grammer mistakes.

Coup", not "coo", although that's how it sounds.

"Invalid", not "invilid".

And possibly "Deanna Troi" (original spelling) instead of "Dianna Troi".

As I told him in a PM, releaseing page at a time graphic novels are not my thing, even now something on the release have been changed with the starting of page 3. Minor changes but still changes. plus making fixes as I go like these grammer things are a heck of a lot easier.

I just wanted to give everyone a taste of what to expect.

To Thalek, thank you for pointing out these mistakes.

-Paul

page-2-final-daz.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 556K
    Post edited by PDSmith on
  • jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

A fake Star Trek novel cover in the style of the 80's Pocket Book covers.

qq1a_copy.jpg
    521 x 800 - 119K
  • TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 698
    edited December 1969

just normal female Klingon ones.

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited November 2012

just normal female Klingon ones.

I've gone back and looked at this thread and your asking of clothing for klingon women.

Well for amour your have the Duras...nuff said, that looks to be the standard for TNG era women

for normal everyday clothing this may be one of the few: Worf's wife and mother of his 'rugrat' Kehleyr. She wore both armour and everyday clothing as you'll see from the link.

Has there been clothing made for v4 and free that look like the klingon armour? Not that I can see. I would recommend pretty much any period style armour, re-texture it and call it good.

We...the 3D community are a forgiving bunch...we can guess pretty much what is implied....ie my Picard, Troi and Crusher...they are far from exact...again...we know what is implied...and accept.

Now for a suggestion...From the looks of things if you take some of the more everyday clothing from here or over at Rendo and add leather texture via the free DAZ Shaders at sharecg. You should be in business for common citizen clothing.

here is a link for clothing suggestions.
    http://www.sherylfranklin.com/trekwomen_kehleyr.html

If you are using genesis and have the a3 plugin...this outfit may work
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/21775/

-Paul

Post edited by PDSmith on
  • ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

Poser's Wardrobe Wizard might also be helpful in taking the A3 clothing and transferring it to V4.

Looks like tunics and leggings would suit many Klingon women. Hard to go wrong with leather textures, perhaps of contrasting colors.

• jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited November 2012

Klingon females don't mess with them. They bad for your health

KLINGON_AND_lEATHER.jpg
    863 x 975 - 151K
    Post edited by jaguarry3 on
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,184
    edited December 1969

Thalek said:
    The image turned out great Paul, I am glad that the fix worked for you and it should work well for all the other Wertz morphs you have, and don't worry that burning feeling like your skin is on fire, it will fade with time as you get used to using Poser! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Is this fix something a Poser user need worry about, or is it a Daz Studio issue? Either way, though, I think it would benefit the community to know what the fix is.

I'm glad that you were able to help Paul; that render looks damned good.

A Poser user won't have the issues that Paul was having in DS, the Wertz morphs load right up for us. What I did was have Paul load op M4 in Poser install the morph from the Geometries folder then save the whole figure as a cr2 file. He was then able to copy and paste the cr2 from poser to DS4.5 and use it that way. I tried several times to create an instal morph for him and failed so I had to resort to walking him through that method. Unless you have a copy of Poser (any version should work) I am not sure how else to do it. If someone else has a better way please share as I would b interested as well in how to do it.

• jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    First page is done.

This is looking good Paul cann't wait for more
    edited December 1969

Thalek said:
    The image turned out great Paul, I am glad that the fix worked for you and it should work well for all the other Wertz morphs you have, and don't worry that burning feeling like your skin is on fire, it will fade with time as you get used to using Poser! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Is this fix something a Poser user need worry about, or is it a Daz Studio issue? Either way, though, I think it would benefit the community to know what the fix is.

I'm glad that you were able to help Paul; that render looks damned good.

A Poser user won't have the issues that Paul was having in DS, the Wertz morphs load right up for us. What I did was have Paul load op M4 in Poser install the morph from the Geometries folder then save the whole figure as a cr2 file. He was then able to copy and paste the cr2 from poser to DS4.5 and use it that way. I tried several times to create an instal morph for him and failed so I had to resort to walking him through that method. Unless you have a copy of Poser (any version should work) I am not sure how else to do it. If someone else has a better way please share as I would b interested as well in how to do it.

I confess that I don't know how to do intall morph poses, either. Seems to me that there's some Poser software out there to do the job, but I don't know how well it works or what it costs.

• edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

Thanks, but I am looking for TNG?
    You won't find anything in NG episodes. BUT, can anyone remember the name of the DS9 episode that brought back Kang, Kor and Koloth? They wore the closest thing to civilian wear you're likely to find.

The episode of DS9 with Kang, Kor, and Koloth is called "Blood Oath". Just watched it a few days ago.

• crownlioncrownlion Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

i like what you got so far PDSmith

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,036
    edited December 1969

Link to the DS9 episode...

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Blood_Oath_(episode)

David

edited December 1969

been trying to smooth out a model converted from 3d google. using ds3, adjusting the angle helps but not enough. anyone have any suggestion without bieng to technical. (cool spy or research ship)

uss ghost Marian87: 3dgoogle

still thinks looks cool but cant do really close up of model looks really boxy when you do

uss_ghost.jpg
    800 x 800 - 412K
    edited December 1969

just another one ive been working on

USS Leonov

also done by Marian87

USS_Leonov.jpg
    800 x 800 - 319K
  • blutobluto Posts: 823
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

i think you will find that there is not yet a battle armor for v4 but im working on it

female_uniform.jpg
    823 x 506 - 14K
    edited December 1969

its not quite ready yet but it show some promice . and it dosent look padded like the a3 klingon tunic does
    i plan to releace it with the m4 version . as soon as i can work out a few bugs . i will prolly have patience look at it to makesure its rigged properly , like she did with the cardy battle vest

female_uniform2.jpg
    823 x 506 - 17K
    edited December 1969

heres a preview of the m4 battle tunic

male_uniform.jpg
    823 x 506 - 17K
    edited December 1969

Looking pretty good there, Bluto!

edited November 2012

the cardy battle vest converted for v4 . hey mylochka would you like to make some under suit textures for the v4 body suit ?

v4_cardy_battle_vest.jpg
    823 x 506 - 14K
    Post edited by bluto on
  • MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

The Transporter XV

just playing around a bit :P

TheTransporterXV-sml.jpg
    1170 x 1500 - 204K
  • edited December 1969

COOL! More Klingons!

Here's an update on Bob the Klingon.

BobKlingon.jpg
    722 x 768 - 258K
  • edited December 1969

Hey! Speaking of Klingons, does anyone know if there are any TNG/DS9 Klingon communicators out there. Below are pics of the two diffent types used on the series.

klingon_communicator_pin_1.jpg
    545 x 600 - 75K
    klingonwuap.jpg
    450 x 311 - 49K
  • jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

Knock Knock

vdfvdvfdvvfvfvfvfbfgbfgbgfbgbbgbgbbgbg_copy.jpg
    523 x 800 - 107K
  • MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

Nebula Class