Bryce 7 Pro 50 Metals The Treppenhalle Set (Not a commercial but could be)

LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Well the other day I bought this latest fine offering by the Bryce Masters David Brinnen and Horo Wernli and I just wanted to say how impressed I am even though I've yet to play with them or even install them for that matter. So you might be wondering, "How could he be impressed if he hasn't even installed them?" Well that's a fair question and I'll do my best to address it. First of all I've bought most of David's products and a great many of Horo's and lots of their combined offerings and without exception each one has done exactly what they were supposed to do and exceeded my expectations. You can't really get much better then that though so how can I be praising this product when in the past I didn't praise the others with the same gusto? Another fair question and the answer for the first question also answers this one. Because David and Horo have gone above and beyond to provide their customers with more then they have to by including and making mandatory for all future products, the inclusion of The Bryce Content FAQ which addresses the common problems and questions people ask here in the forums repeatedly about the content they sell. In addition the product includes video tutorials that not only show you how to use the product but how to fine tune it and also how to remix the material settings to make new materials beyond what's included in the product.

Over the years I've collected most of the Bryce Content offerings at Daz and one things that has always been kind of disappointing is that most of the content just gives you scenes, materials, skies, lighting, etc. and that's it. Nothing on how to use it, how to take it beyond the form it's sold in, or on anything for that matter. Truth is many of the products tell you nothing about the product or how to best use it. Just who made it and what files it installs. Some don't even tell you that much. It's so refreshing to see product vendors that are more interested in going above and beyond for their customers rather then trying to figure out how they can give you the minimum to justify the price tag.

What really impresses me is the simple premise this product is built on that makes so much sense and yet nobody else has done which is to make materials that are based on the actual light in which the materials exist in the real world. It's this kind of attention to detail that I believe has allowed David and Horo to achieve such amazing realism in what they do and by extension allows their customers to also achieve.

Well done David and Horo.

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited December 1969

Over the years I've collected most of the Bryce Content offerings at Daz and one things that has always been kind of disappointing is that most of the content just gives you scenes, materials, skies, lighting, etc. and that's it. Nothing on how to use it, how to take it beyond the form it's sold in, or on anything for that matter. Truth is many of the products tell you nothing about the product or how to best use it. Just who made it and what files it installs. Some don't even tell you that much. It's so refreshing to see product vendors that are more interested in going above and beyond for their customers rather then trying to figure out how they can give you the minimum to justify the price tag..

Thank you for your very kind words. What you describe in the quoted paragraph above is exactly the reason why we go to such length. I've had enough of those "look how clever i am" sort of stuff. I hated every bit of it and I have no reason to believe others don't. And then, Bryce got to be taken serious, and this can only happen if we all show what great renders can be done with it.
  • LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Over the years I've collected most of the Bryce Content offerings at Daz and one things that has always been kind of disappointing is that most of the content just gives you scenes, materials, skies, lighting, etc. and that's it. Nothing on how to use it, how to take it beyond the form it's sold in, or on anything for that matter. Truth is many of the products tell you nothing about the product or how to best use it. Just who made it and what files it installs. Some don't even tell you that much. It's so refreshing to see product vendors that are more interested in going above and beyond for their customers rather then trying to figure out how they can give you the minimum to justify the price tag..

Thank you for your very kind words. What you describe in the quoted paragraph above is exactly the reason why we go to such length. I've had enough of those "look how clever i am" sort of stuff. I hated every bit of it and I have no reason to believe others don't. And then, Bryce got to be taken serious, and this can only happen if we all show what great renders can be done with it.

Well you're welcome but the best thanks you can give is to just simply keep up the excellent work. :)

edited December 1969

We'll keep on trying hard. By the way, I have a new container with Bryce relevant docs on my website. I'm building it up, perhaps there is already something of help to you available.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    We'll keep on trying hard. By the way, I have a new container with Bryce relevant docs on my website. I'm building it up, perhaps there is already something of help to you available.

Yeah I've seen you referencing that in some of the other threads and do plan on checking it out, right now though, unless you have a document on how to cope with life while your spouse is in the hospital recovering from a broken hip, then I doubt there is much that would be of use to me right now. As it stands with my wife being there and all the additional responsibilities that places on my shoulders I barely have time to visit the forums let alone do anything in Bryce I might need help with.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Horo said:

Yeah I've seen you referencing that in some of the other threads and do plan on checking it out, right now though, unless you have a document on how to cope with life while your spouse is in the hospital recovering from a broken hip, then I doubt there is much that would be of use to me right now. As it stands with my wife being there and all the additional responsibilities that places on my shoulders I barely have time to visit the forums let alone do anything in Bryce I might need help with.

Thank you for your kind words Mark! I'm sorry to hear about your wife and her broken hip. I was only thinking yesterday that it had been a while since you had visited the forums... now I know why. Well, not much I can say really, only that I hope she gets well soon as maybe and that you will be able to rejoin us here again when you get the chance.

edited December 1969

Horo said:

Thank you for your kind words Mark! I'm sorry to hear about your wife and her broken hip. I was only thinking yesterday that it had been a while since you had visited the forums... now I know why. Well, not much I can say really, only that I hope she gets well soon as maybe and that you will be able to rejoin us here again when you get the chance.

Thanks David, she is getting better but it's still a long road to return to normal. Technically she's not in the hospital but rather in a rehab but the rehab is in the hospital so the building she is in is still the hospital but for accounting purposes it is not considered the hospital. Anyway at present the current projection is she'll be out by Halloween but looking realistically at where she is at now (mobility wise) and where she needs to be before they'll release her, I think it'll be closer to Thanksgiving before she gets out.

Anyway while she is there I not only have all my usual responsibilities, taking out the trash, mowing the lawn, running errands, etc. but I also have all of her usual responsibilities such as cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. Then on top of that I also spend time each and every day with her participating in the Physical therapy with her and picking up dirty laundry and bringing back clean laundry as well as any other things she might need. Even before this I had precious little time to devote to my 3D hobby and so obviously now I have virtually no time other then to at least visit the forums when I can and try to stay somewhat involved by offering input to people's questions here.

Unfortunately with the holiday season looming on the horizon it's only going to get worse and I'm projecting that it's unlikely I'll be able to do much more then occassionally visit the forums until 2013.

edited December 1969

@Mark - it is good to hear she is getting better and is in the rehab already. I friend of mine fell out of the window from the first floor, backwards, behind first, onto the pavement. He broke his hip several times and had to stay at the hospital for quite a long while. But that's over ten years back and he moves around as before. Oh yes, household chores and the day job - don't tell me. We're here to manage. I do hope your spouse will be well soon and relieves you at least in part of your mundane but nevertheless important chores.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @Mark - it is good to hear she is getting better and is in the rehab already. I friend of mine fell out of the window from the first floor, backwards, behind first, onto the pavement. He broke his hip several times and had to stay at the hospital for quite a long while. But that's over ten years back and he moves around as before. Oh yes, household chores and the day job - don't tell me. We're here to manage. I do hope your spouse will be well soon and relieves you at least in part of your mundane but nevertheless important chores.

Thanks Horo and yes she is getting better day by day. She actually broke her upper leg just below the hip. If she broke the hip itself her recovery would likely be much slower. Unfortunately it'll likely be a few months after she is home before life will return to anything resembling before the fall.

• SwadeSwade Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

Well the other day I bought this latest fine offering by the Bryce Masters David Brinnen and Horo Wernli and I just wanted to say how impressed I am even though I've yet to play with them or even install them for that matter. So you might be wondering, "How could he be impressed if he hasn't even installed them?" Well that's a fair question and I'll do my best to address it. First of all I've bought most of David's products and a great many of Horo's and lots of their combined offerings and without exception each one has done exactly what they were supposed to do and exceeded my expectations. You can't really get much better then that though so how can I be praising this product when in the past I didn't praise the others with the same gusto? Another fair question and the answer for the first question also answers this one. Because David and Horo have gone above and beyond to provide their customers with more then they have to by including and making mandatory for all future products, the inclusion of The Bryce Content FAQ which addresses the common problems and questions people ask here in the forums repeatedly about the content they sell. In addition the product includes video tutorials that not only show you how to use the product but how to fine tune it and also how to remix the material settings to make new materials beyond what's included in the product.

Over the years I've collected most of the Bryce Content offerings at Daz and one things that has always been kind of disappointing is that most of the content just gives you scenes, materials, skies, lighting, etc. and that's it. Nothing on how to use it, how to take it beyond the form it's sold in, or on anything for that matter. Truth is many of the products tell you nothing about the product or how to best use it. Just who made it and what files it installs. Some don't even tell you that much. It's so refreshing to see product vendors that are more interested in going above and beyond for their customers rather then trying to figure out how they can give you the minimum to justify the price tag.

What really impresses me is the simple premise this product is built on that makes so much sense and yet nobody else has done which is to make materials that are based on the actual light in which the materials exist in the real world. It's this kind of attention to detail that I believe has allowed David and Horo to achieve such amazing realism in what they do and by extension allows their customers to also achieve.

Well done David and Horo.

Well said.... this is exactly what I have come to find with David's and Horo's products... which is why I bought the following products.

Bryce 7 Pro Ground Texture Tiles and Matching Terrain
    Bryce Pro DTE Examples - Metal
    Bryce 7 Pro True 3D Rendering

I have purchased and used Bryce 7 Pro Ground Texture Tiles and Matching Terrain and am quite impressed and purchased the other 2 and will learn how to use them proficiently with they help they provide with their products...... I also have a few more of their products in my wishlist for future purchase....

Not to mention the video tutorials they have provided to us all done in the spare time that they find.

My hat is off to David Brinnen and to Horo for the extra mile they go to help every Brycer be a successful Brycer. :) :) :)

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Thank you Swade, and Mark, of course. It is good to know that our efforts are appreciated by you. The process of providing tutorials has sort of evolved with the products, due to answering questions from people who'd got early stuff, it became apparent that just providing the content itself (while mandatory) was not really enough to get most people to the point where they would be in a position to use the content in the way we had envisioned when we made it. So we try to guess what people don't know and provide suitable guidance - and if you know it already, well, you don't have to look at the tutorials. And now, thanks to youtube, any blanks that anyone wants filling in can be added to the ever growing list. http://www.youtube.com/user/davidbrinnen/videos?flow=grid&view=0

So feel free to make suggestions for tutorials.

Cheers,

David.