What ever happened to the Creeper?

wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I used to LOVE that guy... but I can't find him in the store...

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited December 1969

Probably vaulted, though I'm not sure it wasn't in the old free archive in which case it's gone with the rest of that, we don't know if it's coming back.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,683
    edited December 1969

I think he was in the old free archive. There were lots of cool items in it.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited June 2012

He was. I have a lot of stuff from that archive (I ransacked it before the site switch), but I'm not sure if I can hand it out? I didn't save any other info (now I'm wishing I had saved the promo shots from this stuff), so I'm not sure who even made it. I'll install it and see.

/edit
    Holy crap that must've been one old installer as when I selected to view the readme (first time using that option ever lol) it took me to some studio.com/daz site. :gulp:

ReadMe says it was by Daz themselves, so maybe if I had permission from someone I can shoot it over to you.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Holy crap that must've been one old installer as when I selected to view the readme (first time using that option ever lol) it took me to some studio.com/daz site. :gulp:

Does the path to the folder you installed to contain spaces in the folder names?

You would need permission in advance to give the installers to another, I'm afraid.

edited June 2012

Vaskania said:

Does the path to the folder you installed to contain spaces in the folder names?

You would need permission in advance to give the installers to another, I'm afraid.

Yea it does. I installed it to F:\Daz Studio\Daz Temp initially before moving it to my main runtime. I just went to the folder manually for the ReadMe.. no biggie. :cheese: I never use the View ReadMe option anyways except that once.

How does one go about getting permission for a file that was created by Daz? Since it was not in the store as a sale item that was vaulted, I'd not be giving out any paid items for free.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    I used to LOVE that guy... but I can't find him in the store...

Best drool props I've ever seen.

edited December 1969

Free or not, it'ss till copyright. You would need to ask support, though it's more likely - if they do anything - that they'll put it up again on the new site.

edited December 1969

Free or not, it'ss till copyright.

I knew this, which is why I asked how to get permission, but since you mentioned support, I'll wait to see if a) they re-add it back themselves, or b) the site bugs get ironed out and things slow down.