Status of those having issues with Platinum Club Renewals

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

How do you see what group you belong to?

Dana

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    How do you see what group you belong to?

Dana

Not sure if this is what you mean but if you're in the forums, click on 'Your Public Profile' at the top of the page and that should tell you. (pic attached) :-)

dazMember.jpg
    309 x 132 - 10K
  • LillianaLilliana Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

The issue I was having was not related to the site upgrade and the current issue is not a bug, it's a failure to set the permissions correctly.

Frank0314 said:
    Even if you don't think it warrants a bug report. Please look through the list and see if anyone else has reported it. If so you can add a note to it saying "I can confirm this, Its doing it ..." Every little bit of information can help the web team narrow down the exact problem.
  • LillianaLilliana Posts: 99
    edited June 2012

Edit:

Actually...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/123/

3. Some Forum Members may not be able to see special forums such as Platinum Club (Members Only etc) If you are one of these people, please contact me in the forums via PM so I can add you to the list to have your forum permissions fixed.

There is a bit if miscommunication going on...

Post edited by Lilliana on
  • RosemaryrRosemaryr Posts: 94
    edited June 2012

Last week (after getting tired of dealing with the overall state of things here), I canceled my PC membership, and it seems to have updated that status properly in the Account area, but...

I had an *annual* membership which was good until *next* month. Paid for.
    Do I get a refund for the lost month, as my account shows that the cancellation takes effect today?
    Is this something I need to open a ticket for, or is it all part of the general mess that is going on, and I should wait for the web-slingers to straighten things out?

Post edited by Rosemaryr on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Rosemaryr can you file a bug report on this please, and I will flag it up as well, to someone at Daz3D.

• RosemaryrRosemaryr Posts: 94
    edited December 1969

Thank you, chohole.

Opened ticket number #102185
    Got logged out in the process just after submission, so I'm not sure if it 'took' properly.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

The getting logged out mid process of things is getting annoying. Happens to me at least 5-6 times a day.

• LynnInDenverLynnInDenver Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

I got mine reset... after I'd already fixed it via another method.

I'll be honest. I'm out of patience. So I cancelled both PC subscriptions that I wound up with.

Yes, the coupon is only late by 4 days, and yes, they did finally get the renewal fixed... but I'd rather re-up at this point once they get everything sorted out.

• LEI1LEI1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

jferio said:
    I got mine reset... after I'd already fixed it via another method.

I'll be honest. I'm out of patience. So I cancelled both PC subscriptions that I wound up with.

Yes, the coupon is only late by 4 days, and yes, they did finally get the renewal fixed... but I'd rather re-up at this point once they get everything sorted out.

late by 4 days …. and counting :sigh:

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Lilliana said:
    Edit:

Actually...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/123/

3. Some Forum Members may not be able to see special forums such as Platinum Club (Members Only etc) If you are one of these people, please contact me in the forums via PM so I can add you to the list to have your forum permissions fixed.

There is a bit if miscommunication going on...

When that was posted, I was actually seeing the Member's only forum... Now I'm not.

• edited December 1969

My membership automatically renewed via Paypal today and I have access to the Members Only forum.

However, My Account Dashboard and/or subscriptions still don't show me as a PC member.

Is this supposed to have been fixed over the weekend or are they still working on it? Just need to know if it's been fixed so that I can put in a support ticket.

Thanks. :)

• GinaMarieGinaMarie Posts: 151
    edited December 1969

I can't access the PC member forum any more, and my PC membership did not
    auto renew for this month.

• JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited December 1969

I am one of those having the problem... But mine is I can see the member's forum i can now see PC prices but it tells my my membership's has expired it did not auto renew on the first so I have submitted a ticket.... CS has been really good about answering Tech was a little slow and gave me a false time on when they would have the issue resolved but they finally resolved it today after about 3 weeks but it seems to be getting there hopefully...

• GrandmaPaulaGrandmaPaula Posts: 71
    edited December 1969

Well Daz got my monthly renewal on the 1st (they got paid automatically), but here it is the 5th and still no monthly voucher (or store credit as it is called now)

• Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

What is the ticket turnaround time atm? Does anyone know? I put a ticket in 6 days ago. I was being billed for 2 platinum club memberships, while having purchased an annual subscription. This had been going on for some time before I noticed what was happening. Anyway, I cancelled the memberships via paypal, and now I don't have any plat memberships :( Therefor I don’t get any 1.99 products, discounts, vouchers, or the forum.

• edited June 2012

I guess DAZ are pretty snowed under at the moment, so I wouldn't hold your breath. I'm sure all the tickets will be answered... eventually

But in the meantime my advice would be to stay calm, and don't lose your sense of humour (so how long is 'DAZ eventually' compared to 'DAZ soon' then...)

;)

(Edited to add that I'm one of the lucky one's who's already got my money's worth out of this years membership, having renewed my annual membership during the 2011 PC anniversary bash (the best time to join, without doubt!). If I'd joined more recently I'd be rather annoyed too...)

Post edited by NoneOfYourBusiness on
    edited December 1969

I guess DAZ are pretty snowed under at the moment, so I wouldn't hold your breath. I'm sure all the tickets will be answered... eventually

But in the meantime my advice would be to stay calm, and don't lose your sense of humour (so how long is 'DAZ eventually' compared to 'DAZ soon' then...)

;)

I think we will find that out anon

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited December 1969

I knew about the seven stages of grief.
    But I must admit I didn't know about the 7 stages of DAZ until now.

Shock = What happened!?
    Denial =No, they didn't choose to go with Magento. They wouldn't!
    Bargaining=Let me throw money at you, please! No?? How about now?
    Guilt=I'm sorry I went to Renderosity and enjoyed it.
    Anger="#$"&#"$&$#### DAZ!!! I'm a PC member!!!
    Depression=Fantasy Bath, I am empty without you....
    Hope= ... sorry, I'm still stuck on 6.
    :)

But I really am trying to work through it.
    I guess another good point is, since I can't buy anything until my PC issue is fixed... eventually... I can make posts like this. :P

:)

• GinaMarieGinaMarie Posts: 151
    edited December 1969

I finally got a ticket through about my PC membership not auto renewing, but am not going to hold my breath for the answer. I never got answer to the ticket I sent in days and days ago. My Daz will open, but every time I try to load say V4 or M4, or the kids, etc...it tells me I am not licensed to use that product. Which is complete bull, all you have to do is look at my order history!
    Wish I had never installed Daz 4 Pro!!! I followed the instructions to the letter, and now all my Daz products D4P, DA3 34 and 64 bit
    are just taking up space.
    Daz is now costing me more than the money I spend on their products,
    they are costing me the money I make using those products in my art.

I can't wait around for Daz any more, I am three weeks behind on commissions,
    I am going to have to look in upgrading my Poser after this...groan...
    I like Daz so much better, but right now it is completely useless to me.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Well Daz got my monthly renewal on the 1st (they got paid automatically), but here it is the 5th and still no monthly voucher (or store credit as it is called now)

Actually, the store credit was just for the unspent remnant of May vouchers - it was an upgrade since the new system doesn't support vouchers. for now the PC bonus will be a coupon code, giving up to $6 off a single order and applicable only to non-$1.99 DAZ Originals. The coupon codes haven't yet been issued.

• swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

Hold on a sec.....

so I can no longer use my plat club voucher, when I eventually get it, on P.A. items.?????

Is this just a temporary thing because the store cannot manage the voucher system, or is that how the P.C. is going to run from now on..???

and what was the logic behind going to a store setup that couldn't manage Daz's current voucher system..?????

S.K.

• MJ_VivianightMJ_Vivianight Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Also note the "giving up to $6.00" part, because if you buy an item/order under $6.00 then the rest of your coupon goes *Poof* gone.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Hold on a sec.....

so I can no longer use my plat club voucher, when I eventually get it, on P.A. items.?????

Is this just a temporary thing because the store cannot manage the voucher system, or is that how the P.C. is going to run from now on..???

and what was the logic behind going to a store setup that couldn't manage Daz's current voucher system..?????

S.K.

They're trying to figure out what could be done, but that's how it stands. There IS no store setup that can handle the accounting maze DAZ 3D set up on the old system. It was an accounting nightmare.

• UHFUHF Posts: 512
    edited December 1969

When is this going to be solved?

I see no voucher... for this month. I recently renewed. I can't access the Platinum forums.

edited December 1969

Please can you try to be a little patient. As soon as we have any more information, we will let people know.

• MistaD2047MistaD2047 Posts: 335
    edited December 1969

okay, not that I am complaining right now but this is weird.

so the last 7 days (or so) I was a PC member then was not a PC member. Nothing showed in my account as a PC member.

So today I login and find that my PC member benefits are back, including member forum access. However it still does not show in my subscriptions that I am a PC member. This is a huge change from close to 7 days ago.

But I fear, since it still doesn't show that I am a PC member in my subscriptions that I'll have that headache again after this month.

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited December 1969

"There IS no store setup that can handle the accounting maze DAZ 3D set up on the old system. It was an accounting nightmare."

WELL THAT explains it all... Broke rule #1 in IT migrations.

Never, Never change the business process and the underlying support system at the same time, while in production.

The reason is you have too many moving parts to integrate and the human resources will be consumed with putting out fires instead of learning and improving the system. Its tough enough to mange the information loop of a infrastructure migration - but to try that while changing the business dynamics, you are asking for trouble. This is because you don;t have a base line to measure performance/quality of your investment against. Any necessary business process changes should have been planned, and tested in advance of the system migration. Testing business process changes off-line in advance and in production even with "sneaker net" replacing the systems reveals any flaws so you can mitigate, before going live in conjunction with a system migration.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

okay, not that I am complaining right now but this is weird.

so the last 7 days (or so) I was a PC member then was not a PC member. Nothing showed in my account as a PC member.

So today I login and find that my PC member benefits are back, including member forum access. However it still does not show in my subscriptions that I am a PC member. This is a huge change from close to 7 days ago.

But I fear, since it still doesn't show that I am a PC member in my subscriptions that I'll have that headache again after this month.

I don't think they've addressed the issue of PC member showing in subscriptions yet, but I know they're aware of it. Mine still doesn't show it either.

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Welp I can see the member's only forum again... Yay! However... I have not gotten a single PC member newsletter since the switch over and have not seen my 6 dollar coupon.