C8.5 - Hide armature?

Kodiak3dKodiak3d Posts: 223
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Is there a way to hide Genesis' armature in the 3D view? It's really annoying to have to view it all the time (and it gets in the way).

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Kodiak3D :)

Not as far as I'm aware.

The bones will be visible when you select the figure,.. the same applies to any Carrara rigged figure.

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

I agree, there ought to be an option to disable it.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

You can switch off visibility of the bones - one at a time, sloooowly - under Effects->Bone->Display wireframe when attached. Wish there was a way to make them all invisible at once:)

• Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I've been annoyed with this too. Wondering if there's any way to use Fenric's ERC control so that if you set the root of the armature to visible=0 it could apply the same to all the descendants - though if I remember correctly, this might only affect a direct line of children (tail 1, tail 2, tail 3 . . .) so wouldn't help with siblings (think you'd need a sepearate one for each finger and toe for instance. Just thinking out loud here. I've often wanted to get rid of that armature myself.

• PiratesMoonPiratesMoon Posts: 27
    edited December 1969

What I do is go into
    Preferences>3D View Colors
    and set the
    Primary View Wireframes color to something neutral, like a gray close to the "tone" of the objects color.

This doesn't hide the wireframe, but it makes it less distracting.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

What I do is go into
    Preferences>3D View Colors
    and set the
    Primary View Wireframes color to something neutral, like a gray close to the "tone" of the objects color.

This doesn't hide the wireframe, but it makes it less distracting.

Nice tip!

• dowddowd Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

Hi guys
    It does get in the way. I found the 'hide unslected objects', the first little icon at the right top will hide the bones but if your figure is dress etc that will go away too. It is the only way I found to do any dail morphing on the figure.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

This is my favourite peeve with Carrara armature - that and bones not holding selection. I use every opportunity to ask Daz to change the bones to solids, as they are in every other app I've used, including their very own Studio. According to Fenric, this is merely a display issue and it is easier to programme the bones to be solid than dotted lines.

I feel another feature request coming on - would you guys support it?

Cheers :)