Question about the Genesis Supersuit in Poser

TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Has anybody done their own conversion, and how does it look? Also, does it make sense to purchase any of the texture packs right now if my intent is to use it mostly in Poser?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Anyone?

Bueler...?

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

Umm, this IS a forum, 20 minutes isn't always fast enough to get a reply, especially on a Sunday night. Might wanna give it a day or so, the person who can answer your question might live in Australia and be at work or something. :P

edited November 2012

Valandar said:
    Umm, this IS a forum, 20 minutes isn't always fast enough to get a reply, especially on a Sunday night. Might wanna give it a day or so, the person who can answer your question might live in Australia and be at work or something. :P

The first post was at 11AM,the latter one was at 11PM. :) So it was 12 hours, not 20 minutes.

I was afraid the post might get buried and lost. I have another post floating around somewhere that never got responded to, I think, because it got lost pretty fast.

Post edited by TheWheelMan on
  • ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

Valandar said:

The first post was at 11AM,the latter one was at 11PM. :) So it was 12 hours, not 20 minutes.

Oops, sorry. :P Either way, it WAS still a Sunday, not exactly the most lively time around here.

edited December 1969

Valandar said:
    Valandar said:

Oops, sorry. :P Either way, it WAS still a Sunday, not exactly the most lively time around here.

Yeah, very true.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Has anybody done their own conversion, and how does it look? Also, does it make sense to purchase any of the texture packs right now if my intent is to use it mostly in Poser?

I can't comment on how well it works in Poser, since I don't own or use Poser.

However, on the add-on 'texture' packs, they are more than just textures (which are actually more tiled or procedural shaders than standard textures so probably won't work well at all in Poser). They also include shape presets for the suit. (The supersuit has tons (over one hundred?) of morphs to change the structure of the suit, and that is what the shape presets are changing. Now, you can always dial in your own shapes, but if you like the look of some of the add-on shapes, then they're a much faster starting point. A couple of the addons also include extra props, like the facemask for the soldier.

There's also the belt+boots addon that should be worth it, since it's not textures/shape presets, but actual conformers.

edited December 1969

Thanks cwichura. I'll probably wind up getting the Supersuit soon and hope it won't be long until it fully supports Poser.