Now what's wrong with this thing?!

TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 698
edited November 2012 in The Commons

Since this evening, when I open up something in Daz3, I keep getting it where if I move the camera about, the screen does not turn....or the objects, but, instead, a piece of the grid rotates, and I have to minimize and bring the screen back to fix that. It's like the small window with the bar graph and so on sorta stays there like a invisible ghost or something since that's where the bit of grid (or object move) it's like the screen was locked, but the window where the line bar was sorta left a 'hole' in the picture for a moment.

Just what's going on here? I'm getting tired of all these glitches and stuff.

Post edited by TheCastellan on

Comments

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 698
    edited December 1969

It last a couple of seconds, like some sort of lag, this never happened until this evening.

Daz2.png
    1107 x 783 - 312K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

System specs,,,especially video card and OS.

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 698
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    System specs,,,especially video card and OS.

Windows 7 and the card's practically new....why NOW start acting crazy?

And god forbid I ever try Daz4, now, since it's probably gonna be WORSE.

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

What KIND of card, and if it's an NVidia, what version of drivers?

And if it's "practically new", then it's possible something was installed between then and when it started doing this that's causing that.

And finally - DS 4 is a LOT better than earlier versions, and I have never seen anything like this myself.

edited December 1969

It looks, to me, like it could be an OpenGL problem. That would generally mean video card/video drivers...

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952
    edited November 2012

A ghastly hand trying to get inside her skirt, now that looks quite like the naughty side of Halloween to me :-)

Post edited by Hera on
    edited December 1969

Herakleia said:
    A ghastly hand trying to get inside her skirt, now that looks quite like the naughty side of Halloween to me :-)

I always knew Thing was a bit of a perv...

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

It might seem strange, but it looks like there's some kind of dialog box trying to appear right in the center of the screen. I've seen those fail to appear but still freeze up whatever is happening on the screen in the area where they are supposed to be. The problem might be another program running that's supposed to be in the background but is trying to get your attention. Maybe try running DAZ without anything else running, going into Task Manager and shutting down everything but essential processes?

Just a thought. Good luck on solving this - I really like your renders. :)

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

This is a video card or driver problem. If the computer's OS has done an auto-update it could have changed drivers.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,878
    edited December 1969

Save your scene and reboot the computer.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,216
    edited November 2012

My son has been having problems with his computer...the screen goes black, though everything is still working, including his conversations in skype, the only way to get out of it is to hard boot the computer. I have checked countless sites about this problem, including the HP site cause it's an HP computer and microsoft cause of the OS, which in our case is Vista. Everywhere I have been looking, there seems to be a problem with the graphics card drivers for Vista and Win7, the other suggestion I have been reading is a program conflict taking place. Almost no one seems to have a solution to the problem. You could try goggling your problem, maybe you will have better luck then me in finding a solution.

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on