No-Eyebrows Face Textures List

KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
edited April 2015 in The Commons

A list of no-eyebrows face textures (including textures with a no-eyebrows option) usable by Genesis and the Genesis2 figures. (Yes, it's possible to GIMP the eyebrows out, but I'd rather not if I don't have to.) Here's what everybody's come up with so far:

>~ $ ~<</strong>

Macro Skin for Genesis & G2f by Parris

"Bonus toon skin is included with two face maps, one with eyebrows, and one with no eyebrows":
DG Toon Style Eyes for G2f
DG Toon Style Eyes for G2m

FW Darc for G2m by Fisty & FWArt: “no brow version of the default face, and of the two tattooed faces.”

Meara for V5

Sensual Skin Resource for V5 by Raiya

Ashiki for Aiko 5

The Candy Factory for Genesis by Virtual_World

Arashi for Hiro5

Hiro5 Base

Hitomi 3D Anime Girl for Genesis by MallenLane

Bree (included with Victoria 5) by DAZ3D

The Orange One for Genesis by SickleYield

The Red One for Genesis by SickleYield

The Dark One for Genesis by SickleYield

The Pale One for Genesis by SickleYield

Goblins for Genesis by GhostofMacbeth

Orcs for Genesis by GhostofMacbeth

Darcy for V4 by KymJ

Trystan for M4 by Raiya

Realistic Textures for Hiro4 by Morris

Ravenhurst for M4 by draagonstorm

Julian for M4 by Balaenanun

Giacomo for M4/H4 by Arki

Gossamer for M4/H4 by Morris

Remendado for M4 by Marieah (No-eyebrow face texture for this in a separate freebie, click here.)

Dancaire for M4 by Marieah (No-eyebrow face texture for this in a separate freebie, click here.)

Zareb for M4 by Marieah (No-eyebrow face texture for this in a separate freebie, click here.)

Uncle Albert for M4 by Marieah (No-eyebrow face texture for this in a separate freebie, click here.)

Dirty Boy for M4 by Marieah (No-eyebrow face texture for this in a separate freebie, click here.)

Free

Radiance for V4 by ThespiSis, Part 1 of 2, Part 2 of 2, & Part 3 of 2

Paola for V4 by Age of Armor

Mei for K4 by Alongtimeago

Related Products and Freebies

Eyebrows for Genesis by Cris Palomino & WillDupre

Sickle Super Brows for Genesis by (big surprise, this) SickleYield

Free Fibermesh Eyebrows for Genesis by joequick

Garibaldi Express Hair and Fur Plugin Beta for Genesis by futurebiscuit

1-Click Brows for M4 by Marieah

Post edited by KickAir 8P on

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Free or paid? or both?

Age of Armor's Paola for V4 http://www.ageofarmour.com/3d/free/skin-textures.html

Alongtimeago's Mei for K4 http://www.sharecg.com/v/46513/related/11/Poser/Mei-for-Kids-4-Base

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited October 2012

mjc1016 said:

Huh . . . I was thinking paid, but I certainly have no objection to free! :lol: Added to the list (right now, that is the list), thanks!

Last time I saw this come up was on the old forum (and I can't find the topic now, sorry) -- some PAs said they didn't like to do these because they used their unique eyebrows as a checkpoint when they suspected a skin texture of being stolen from them, while other PAs had products that included no-eyebrow face textures available for sale. I used to know what some of those were . . . :red: . . . anyway, I'm hoping they'll get mentioned here.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I did a quick search on items I have installed...and those are what I came up with. All of the paid ones and most of the freebies I have installed have them painted on.

I've got more free ones, that aren't installed, so it's more time consuming to look at them. I do have a decided lack of M4 ones.

And I think it would be more 'subtle' and harder to get rid of, if there was a freckle pattern, mole or even pore pattern in the brow line to use as an identifying mark...

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,622
    edited December 1969

Mine are all those, for use with LIE or conforming brows, but they're also all fantasy characters (no "regular' skin). I'm waiting on Zbrush to start doing "real" character sets. ;)

edited December 1969

Mine are all those, for use with LIE or conforming brows, but they're also all fantasy characters (no "regular' skin). I'm waiting on Zbrush to start doing "real" character sets. ;)

I need 'regular' skin for what I'm working on now, but later who knows? And other people could easily have other needs. Gimme links and I'll add 'em to the list!
    edited December 1969

Thanks! When the Orange One goes up post the link here please, I'll add it to the list.
  • Virtual_WorldVirtual_World Posts: 1,078
    edited December 1969

The candy factory http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-candy-factory includes no-eyebrows face textures for every skin color included in the package.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/trystan-for-m4

Trystan has a no-eyebrow texture.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

The "Sensual Skin Resource for V5" has a browless texture and is still on sale.

Kendall

edited December 1969

The candy factory http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-candy-factory includes no-eyebrows face textures for every skin color included in the package.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/trystan-for-m4 Trystan has a no-eyebrow texture.

The "Sensual Skin Resource for V5" has a browless texture and is still on sale.
    Thanks guys, appreciate it! Everybody, any more out there? Links please?
  • ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited October 2012

If you have V5 the Bree texture that comes with her has a no brow texture.

Coldrake

Post edited by Coldrake on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

I always use the 'patch' tool in Photoshop, it erases them quite nicely. Not a fan of the current available eyebrow fiber mesh, nor the eyebrows similar to skull caps. But I create my own eyebrows in vector (Adobe Illustrator) then make very accurate bump mats.

edited April 2015

Spyro said:
    I always use the 'patch' tool in Photoshop, it erases them quite nicely . . .
    How do you match your patch on the displacement, SSS, and other effects maps that way?

Like I said in my first post, I'd rather not edit a texture if there's a suitable eyebrow-free one already available (hence this list, to make finding one easier). But when I do I load it into GIMP (I don't have Photoshop), then duplicate the layer and add a transparency mask to it. I paint out the eyebrows on the mask with a broad brush (gives plenty of extra space for blurring later), then flip the lower layer left-right and move it down until I find a good space of forehead skin, and note exactly how many pixels I moved it. Last, a little blur on the transparency mask to blend the two layers, and export to jpg (or png if that was the original format, but that's rare).

I copy the transparency mask I made, then to do the rest of the effects maps to match I just paste it into the mask for its top layer, then flip the lower layer left-right and move it down the noted number of pixels. Lather-rinse-repeat for each, and they're all ready for whatever you want to add to 'em.

If you have V5 the Bree texture that comes with her has a no brow texture.

Added, thanks!
    edited October 2012

Spyro said:
    I always use the 'patch' tool in Photoshop, it erases them quite nicely . . .

How do you match your patch on the displacement, SSS, and other effects maps that way?

I do exactly what most PA's do. I re-use the Dif texture and turn it into the Spec and Bump. Most are simply just an edited Dif texture. SSS shouldn't have the eyebrows on it.

I haven't came across a displacement texture that has eyebrows on it.

Almost all my characters have had the existing eyebrows removed, and replaced with my own created ones.

When making the spec/bump the easy and fast approach is to only cut the dif of the removed eyebrows and paste it on the S and B and sharpening, Black+White and play with levels until it matches. Pretty simple to do. :)

But I DO agree that texture sets should come with a no eyebrows version.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    . . . When making the spec/bump the easy and fast approach is to only cut the dif of the removed eyebrows and paste it on the S and B and sharpening, Black+White and play with levels until it matches. Pretty simple to do. :)

But I DO agree that texture sets should come with a no eyebrows version.
    Playing with the levels . . . I'm horrible at playing with levels! :red: Never comes out quite right for me, although I'm glad it's working for you. Thanks!

The Orange One is up: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=96162

Added to the list, thanks!

Hey everybody, I'm not sure when I'm going to get the chance to install Hiro5, so if any of you spot a no-eyebrows face option in any of the new textures I'd appreciate it if you let me know.

edited December 1969

Yeah, I have a lot of years experience with PS lol! I keep forgetting that what I do on that software isn't necessarily simple for others haha!

I got the H5 haven't installed it yet either.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Yeah, I have a lot of years experience with PS lol! I keep forgetting that what I do on that software isn't necessarily simple for others haha!

I got the H5 haven't installed it yet either.

From a quick look, the Hiro5 Base and Arashi (both anime textures) have no-eyebrow options, Takeo and Dryden (the more realistic textures) don't. I'll put 'em in the list when links to the individial products go up.

Everybody, I'm pretty sure the first time I saw this discussed (was it in Marieah's 1-Click Eyebrows topic?) there were some M4 textures mentioned as having no-eyebrow options too. Anybody know some?

• edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

chrixena said:

Added, thanks!

I could've sworn I remember more than these from that topic in the old forum, wish I could find it . . . but hey guys, keep 'em coming, appreciate your help!

edited October 2012

Whoops, sorry! I was using a post-field to preview the formatting for my new sig-line (adding a link to this topic to it), and accidentally posted it. :red: Well, it's updated now:

edited December 1969

From a quick look, the Hiro5 Base and Arashi (both anime textures) have no-eyebrow options, Takeo and Dryden (the more realistic textures) don't. I'll put 'em in the list when links to the individual products go up.

Done!

I've been told that Adham doesn't have a no-eyebrows option -- pity, looks great. The list is looking awfully sparse, especially of realistic textures -- any more out there?

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,525
    edited December 1969

I think it is pretty sparse because the only way I have found to get the depth needed is to have the eyebrow overlay and the texture. That is especially true of male textures. Either that or Python scripting which might be above a lot of content creators. My orcs don't have eyebrow textures built in though.

edited December 1969

My orcs don't have eyebrow textures built in though.
    That looks like both your orcs and your goblins -- added, thanks!

I think it is pretty sparse because the only way I have found to get the depth needed is to have the eyebrow overlay and the texture. That is especially true of male textures. Either that or Python scripting which might be above a lot of content creators.

Huh, I'd think that'd be an argument for no-eyebrow face-texture options! Not that I'd expect character creators to include multitudinous eyebrows themselves, but providing a "blank canvas" option for those wanting to use different eyebrows would be nice, especially with the increase of third-party eyebrows available.

The frustrating thing is that, although I know that realistic characters with no-eyebrow face-texture options were never plentiful, I could've sworn there were more of 'em out there.

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,525
    edited December 1969

It is an argument against it because there is no way that the one level of mesh on M4 or the zero level of mesh can successfully fill in all of the brow needs for a male texture. It does better with a very plucked female eyebrow but the levels of detail just aren't there for male textures unless you want them to look plucked, as well. I always include eyebrow textures on the eyebrow map but, in my mind, they have to be in addition to the ones on the texture map. M2 had two layers of mesh for the eyebrows (I think it was him) and that worked better to allowing a browless texture to be created without it looking weird.

edited November 2012

It is an argument against it because there is no way that the one level of mesh on M4 or the zero level of mesh can successfully fill in all of the brow needs for a male texture. It does better with a very plucked female eyebrow but the levels of detail just aren't there for male textures unless you want them to look plucked, as well. I always include eyebrow textures on the eyebrow map but, in my mind, they have to be in addition to the ones on the texture map . . .

Double-layer eyebrows = extra-realistic? I won't argue with that! But I don't see it as a reason for PAs not to also include a no-eyebrow face-texture option (in products with hair and beard options, even just one no-eyebrow/no-hair/no-beard one would be helpful). That doesn't prevent anyone from setting up double layered eyebrows, and it helps keep the hair color consistent.

Whoo-hoo! I knew it had to be back there somewhere! In the topic for Marieah's 1-Click Brows freebie there are links to several M4 products with a no-eyebrow face-texture option, all of which (of course) can also be used on Genesis:

Remendado for M4 by Marieah

Dancaire for M4 by Marieah

Zareb for M4 by Marieah

Uncle Albert for M4 by Marieah

Dirty Boy for M4 by Marieah

Ravenhurst for M4 by draagonstorm

Julian for M4 by Balaenanun

Giacomo for M4/H4 by Arki

Gossamer for M4/H4 by Morris

Also, I could've sworn that (back in maybe 2010 or 2011) on one PA's product topic, when I mentioned why I wanted a no-eyebrow face texture option, they put it up as a freebie -- I'm ashamed to say I can't remember the PA or the product. :red: If anybody remembers post it here please.

edited December 1969

I also sell a conforming eyebrow product for Genesis with three thicknesses in my Rendo store, which can be made to fit over browed textures but works better with browless. Because the meshes are layered and transmapped it does have more dimension than most painted brows.

edited December 1969

I also sell a conforming eyebrow product for Genesis with three thicknesses in my Rendo store, which can be made to fit over browed textures but works better with browless. Because the meshes are layered and transmapped it does have more dimension than most painted brows.

This one, right?

Sickle Super Brows Genesis

edited December 1969

That's the bunny.