Copy objects, props, figures from one scene to another ?

Is it possible to copy an objects, props, figures from one scene to another scene either in the same Daz app or into another open Daz app on the same computer?

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

NO. LOL

The only way you can do it is by using the" Save As Scene Subset" and then "Merge" that with your new scene.

• greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 499
    edited November 2012

you don't actually have to use the "merge" function, you can just navigate to where you saved the scene subset and load it like any other figure/prop in the content manager

I'm doing a bunch of vehicle conversions and found that the only way to save everything properly is to use scene subset (multiple objects parented to a main obj then setting origins & limits on certain rotations for wheels, doors, etc.)

BTW, you can also use the merge function to merge a saved scene with a new one, but you will probably need to delete the parts you don't want in the new one.

Post edited by greymouser69 on
  • edited December 1969

Thanks! That Scene SubSet is pretty cool.

• its_wayneits_wayne Posts: 20

So using this technique I could take houses from different sources and add them to a scene to, for example, "build" a neighborhood?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858

its_wayne said:

So using this technique I could take houses from different sources and add them to a scene to, for example, "build" a neighborhood?

Yes.