Help! Carrara 8.1 Mac - Unresponsive after various menu actions

mobilefinitymobilefinity Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

This problem has been driving me nuts for a while and has made C unusable for a large part.

Desc:

on a variety of menu related commands - such as file> open then cancel the process or on a DAE import carrara will do nothing then every mouse click/key click gives the generic mac error beep. The app is responsive as far as dragging the window around, but it must be forced closed to exit. It's as if there's a dialog popup somewhere offscreen.

It's pretty much killed my productivity on a recent project and I'm forced not to use it.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Comments

• edited December 1969

I am sure you have been told this before but make sure you constantly make sure the DAZ TEMP in your Documents is Empty! I have no idea why they build up in that folder but they do!

Also I don't know what OS you are using but I would also run a utility program like Tech tools PRO or a free utility App. like COCKTAIL! To run and check and correct PERMISSIONS.

ALSO 2 there is a BUG in MAC version of Carrara where after a few CLICKS in the TIME LINE it will lock up SO keep that to as minimum as you can and save every adman time you change something

Theres a reason MAYA is $2600 and carrara is a couple or 3 hundred...

• mobilefinitymobilefinity Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the tips - I'll check those out. I think Maya's > 3500 at this point ;) But if my projects go well, then I'll have an excuse to spend the extra money. Incidentally, for a couple hundred Carrara is really great.

I'm running Mountain Lion, and I suspect it may actually have to do with the fact that I'm running my boot & apps off of an SSD and everything else (LIB/Desktop/Home etc.) off of another drive...

• CarltonMartinCarltonMartin Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

TI'm running Mountain Lion

That would be a problem. C8.1 only works through 10.6 OSX. Try the 8.5 beta.

• edited December 1969

TI'm running Mountain Lion

That would be a problem. C8.1 only works through 10.6 OSX. Try the 8.5 beta.

BINGO! I cant believe I forgot that!

• mobilefinitymobilefinity Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ah! ok. I'll give it a shot. thanks.