Comments

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

FOUND IT!

Part of the 3d Starter Pack!

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/3d-starter-pack

Reset download!

Ken :)

A fantasy pack. That figures considering all the sets and costumes Star Trek recycled from Paramount's storage facilities.

• edited December 1969

Next in my ongoing series of "works-in-progress that never end" is Johnny Romulan.

TNG really was good at fleshing out the Klingons and introducing new races like the Borg, Ferengi, and Cardassians. But, I always hated what they did with the Romulans. From the v-shaped brow to the monsterous shoulder pads to the terrible wigs. Just god-awful bad all the way round.

So, I went back to basics with this "neo-classic" design. Gone are the brow, the shaggy wig, and the shoulder pads. In are the chainmail tunic, half tabbard, and knee-length black boots. New are the sleeve cuffs, Nemesis-like sleeve insignia, and communicator pin (Thanks, ptrope!).

romulanwip.jpg
    1500 x 750 - 809K
  • DemonslayerDemonslayer Posts: 125
    edited December 1969

That's fantastic!!! For Valiant??

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Next in my ongoing series of "works-in-progress that never end" is Johnny Romulan.

TNG really was good at fleshing out the Klingons and introducing new races like the Borg, Ferengi, and Cardassians. But, I always hated what they did with the Romulans. From the v-shaped brow to the monsterous shoulder pads to the terrible wigs. Just god-awful bad all the way round.

So, I went back to basics with this "neo-classic" design. Gone are the brow, the shaggy wig, and the shoulder pads. In are the chainmail tunic, half tabbard, and knee-length black boots. New are the sleeve cuffs, Nemesis-like sleeve insignia, and communicator pin (Thanks, ptrope!).

I agree...the forehead of the week was one thing but adding the romulans was poor....if the vulcans are not ridged...and they are cousins of the romulans, it didn't jive. I say keep with what you have. We all have that love/hate with the romulans...keep up with you have done...I like it!

-Paul

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    You think about it, the whole "dressing like a sex slave" even though they are the dominate ones means they keep the men distracted and under control.

Plus most women I know do actually like to look good, so it's no real biggy.

Though it seems the mirror universe is a bit more sexually liberal than the original, for some reason.

Anyhow, I wonder what a Galaxy or Sovereign looks like in that universe.

edited December 1969

PDSmith said:

I agree...the forehead of the week was one thing but adding the romulans was poor....if the vulcans are not ridged...and they are cousins of the romulans, it didn't jive. I say keep with what you have. We all have that love/hate with the romulans...keep up with you have done...I like it!

-Paul

Well, could be a genetic trait....especially with genetic drift....probably with location, too.

I mean look at an Asian and look at a Caucasian, there are some visual differences.

edited November 2012

Grand Admiral Picard

Now before you point fingers and say...um Paul you said this was going to be a female ruled Mirror Mirror Empire.

It is...

I respect the character, and see him in both universes as an enigma. He's dedicated to the ideals of the Federation...not to a person. I see him the same way with the Empire....As asked by my co-writer would this Picard be as cruel and sadistic as the Federation's Jean-Luc Picard is kind and compassionate? Dang Strait! Any thing to ensure his beloved Empire out lives every other alien society.

Now about the morphs....

The morph is Wertz's Picard, but because of some complications I had to employ some advice and assistance to get this render finished.
    I reached across the isle.....to MDBruffy and Shadowhawk1...both of whom are die hard Poser users that helped a Daz Studio user....thanks guys.

daz-_Captain_Picard-final.jpg
    464 x 600 - 191K
    Post edited by PDSmith on
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited November 2012

The image turned out great Paul, I am glad that the fix worked for you and it should work well for all the other Wertz morphs you have, and don't worry that burning feeling like your skin is on fire, it will fade with time as you get used to using Poser! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Post edited by shadowhawk1 on
    edited November 2012

PDSmith said:
    Grand Admiral Picard

Now before you point fingers and say...um Paul you said this was going to be a female ruled Mirror Mirror Empire.

It is...

I respect the character, and see him in both universes as an enigma. He's dedicated to the ideals of the Federation...not to a person. I see him the same way with the Empire....As asked by my co-writer would this Picard be as cruel and sadistic as the Federation's Jean-Luc Picard is kind and compassionate? Dang Strait! Any thing to ensure his beloved Empire out lives every other alien society.

Now about the morphs....

The morph is Wertz's Picard, but because of some complications I had to employ some advice and assistance to get this render finished.
    I reached across the isle.....to MDBruffy and Shadowhawk1...both of whom are die hard Poser users that helped a Daz Studio user....thanks guys.

Glad it all worked out, Paul.

Question: Where does Riker fit in all of this?

Post edited by mdbruffy on
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

OH! OH! OH! I know! I know!..... But I can't tell you, Paul would turn me over to Troi for giving away that kind of information! I can tell you that Riker's roll in the story is extremely...........

• edited December 1969

Yes, everything is from Valiant except for the belt (M4 Fairytale Prince) and the holster (M3 Desert Soldier).

edited November 2012

Yes, everything is from Valiant except for the belt (M4 Fairytale Prince) and the holster (M3 Desert Soldier).

Will this one be available to download?

And TNG era Klingon clothes for V4 around here?

Post edited by TheCastellan on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Depending on what the day brings I may be uploading several new conversions from David Metlesits.

The redo of the Enterprise-E is on the back burner as two more ships will get done first. The first one, after David's ships are done, will be a very long awaited Reman Warbird Scimitar (you may now drop a load in your pants!). The ship I have lined up after that is the TOS Enterprise by Raul that was released over at Trekmeshes recently. Why another TOS Enterprise, cause, this one has a nice shuttlebay and doors that will open!

• edited December 1969

Will this one be available to download?

YES! ...Eventually. I still haven't hammered out the MatPoses problem I had with the Cardassian displacement maps. I just might release it without Mat Poses, just Material files.

• edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    This is one of my first daz animations i ever did and it happen to be a star trek one..lol
    So finely a thread i can share it on :)
    be kind i was learning how to use daz in an animation when i made this video

enjoy :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoWFbB4BgGs

Nice animation. I only have one critique. That long skinny thing that your shuttle landed in at the beginning is a warp engine nacelle, not a secondary hull/hangar area. I am not sure if the Tamerlane even has a shuttle hangar, but if it did it would be a small area in the primary hull (saucer section), or maybe in the connecting pylon.

Keep up with the animations though you are doing good work.

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

Given the apparent matriarchal leaning of this MU, I'd wonder if some of the classes might not also reflect that Perhaps classes like the Empress, Regina, Dominatrix, etc. ;)

• blutobluto Posts: 826
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Ptrope said:

Given the apparent matriarchal leaning of this MU, I'd wonder if some of the classes might not also reflect that Perhaps classes like the Empress, Regina, Dominatrix, etc. ;)

I like your suggestions...the big question is, what would you call the Defiant class?

edited December 1969

bluto said:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/60596/browse/11/Poser/TOS-Klingon-Uniform-for-V4-Courageous

That looks more like TOS- think Kang's wife Mara- than TNG. TNG didn't change the uniforms any from the TOS Movie era.

• ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

The image turned out great Paul, I am glad that the fix worked for you and it should work well for all the other Wertz morphs you have, and don't worry that burning feeling like your skin is on fire, it will fade with time as you get used to using Poser! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Is this fix something a Poser user need worry about, or is it a Daz Studio issue? Either way, though, I think it would benefit the community to know what the fix is.

I'm glad that you were able to help Paul; that render looks damned good.

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    I like your suggestions...the big question is, what would you call the Defiant class?

Teenager :D
    edited December 1969

Ptrope said:
    PDSmith said:

Teenager :D

Now that is hilarious! Sounds like you speak from experience.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

8 models added today. All are conversions of David Metlesits' models

Enterprise-D - UPDATED

New:
    Borg Cube
    Centaur Class
    Deep Space Nine
    Defiant Pathfinder
    Galaxy Class Dreadnought
    Nebula Class
    Utopia Planitia Station

All have DS and Poser Mats. All are to the same scale, including the Borg Cube!

You can find all 8 of these over at my DeviantART account. Link is in my sig.

If you have any issues with the models, pleaes post them here - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/491/ - Its easier for me to track the issues there.

Thank you.

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

Borg Cube
    Centaur Class
    Deep Space Nine
    Defiant Pathfinder
    Galaxy Class Dreadnought
    Nebula Class
    Utopia Planitia Station

Thank you.

Freebie list has been updated.

edited December 1969

bluto said:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/60596/browse/11/Poser/TOS-Klingon-Uniform-for-V4-Courageous

Thanks, but I am looking for TNG?

edited December 1969

Thanks, but I am looking for TNG?
    You won't find anything in NG episodes. BUT, can anyone remember the name of the DS9 episode that brought back Kang, Kor and Koloth? They wore the closest thing to civilian wear you're likely to find.

• jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

Found this screenshot from DS9 which at least shows the style of clothing worn by Klingon civilians

klingon_wear.jpg
    800 x 605 - 96K
    edited November 2012

jaguarry3 said:
    Found this screenshot from DS9 which at least shows the style of clothing worn by Klingon civilians

The Trek basic- robes and tunics. The episode with Kang, Kor and Koloth used fur and hides- probably from Targs-in their outfits.

Post edited by mdbruffy on
    edited December 1969

I mean something like the males wearing,since we did see female Klingons in armor, too. "Matter of Honor" being a good example.

This discussion has been closed.